cotton-bud

Jan 2, 2010
Northern Ireland
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey I just got a book called Scars and Stilletos by Harmony Dust. I haven't read it yet but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of good Christian books to read? I like ones like that about someone's testimony etc.

Also I'm kind of new to being a Christian and I was wondering if there are any good Bible reading notes for someone who is a new Christian.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'd advise reading widely. Your chances of falling into grevious error is greatly reduced and yuor understanding of Christian thought is greatly expanded.

Bonhoeffer, C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald all come to mind.

Judging from some of the summary stuff about Harmony Dust I'd be careful regarding what she says. I have first hand knowledge of several of the strip clubs she talks about. There is more variation in strip clubs than there is in most businesses. At least at the Wild Goose girls were not trapped into being strippers. (That is not to say that all clubs are OK, the Century Lounge may well be a place of broken women, I had very little experience there, it did not feel right).

Thinking on it, the blurb about giving the girls a gift bag and having some break down may well be right. When I did frequent the Goose I had a lot of rose bushes at home. I would routinely bring roses for several of the girls, and it was remarkable how different the reaction was to home grown roses was than to money. Again at least at the Goose at least many of the girls cared about eachother. I remember at least once where I gave one of the girls a couple of flowers and she gave them back and asked me to give them to another girl who she felt needed something like that. (I think I declined to take the flowers back, I had more in the car).

BTW I knew one girl who worked at least 3 of the clubs, mainly the Goose, very well. She became Christian and left the business without any incident.

Upvote 0

Phanari

Jan 31, 2010
Computer...
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's an author I know of in the Religious Fiction section. He writes about angels and demons in all of his books. They're very entertain and they've made a few movies off his works. Frank Peretti is his name. I believe i spelled that wrong, but I'm sure you get the gist.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If I Perish by Esther Kim

I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God by Richard Schneider,Bilquis SheikhPort Of Two Brothers by Paul L. Schlener

God's Smuggler by John Sherrill, Elizabeth Sherrill, and Andrew

The Pursuit of God: The Human Thirst for the Divine by A. W. Tozer

The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God by Stormie Omartian

Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer by Ronald Dunn

The Christian in Complete Armour, 3 Volumes By: William Gurnall

http://www.christianbook.com/the-ch...code=WW&netp_id=144434&event=AFF&view=details

Christian Fiction...
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn -also his Ollie Chandler series begining with "Deadline" which was on the bestseller list thirty-six months!

and as already mentioned This Present Darkness, and Piercing The Darkness by Frank E. Peretti,also The Oath, The Visitation and The Prophet.

Blessed Child,A Man Called Blessed, and Showdown by Ted Dekker.

The Ishbane Conspiracy by Randy Alcorn, Angela Alcorn, and Karina Alcorn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums