✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is a thread called "full spectrum of Christian beliefs on origins" --

In that thread there is a post focused on the "Evidence" for the Bible account.

But before we get there - we have to answer the more basic question "what is the Bible account"?

Consider this fact based option for what we find "in the text"

1. a literal 7 day week that is the same as the 7 day week at Sinai - Ex 20:8-11, Gen 2:1-3
2. Day one is in "one evening and morning" and has the creation of light - from the standpoint of an observer on Earth. Therefore - a rotating planet completing one rotation in a single evening and morning and having a light source on one side of the planet.
3. Day 2 - atmosphere - in one single evening and morning... one rotation of the planet
4. Day 3 - Dry land rather than "water world" - and plants: in one single evening and morning - one rotation
5. Day 4 - two great lights. One for day and one for night - in one single evening and morning - one rotation
6. Day 5 - sea animals and birds - in one single evening and morning
7. Day 6 - land animals and humans (two humans) - in one single evening and morning
8. Day 7 - Sanctified day - set apart Gen 2:1-3 - Ex 20:11, one single day the same as at Sinai in Ex 20

=========================

Some will say the Bible account can't be trusted (on a great many topics including this one) -- but for now - I am just focused on "What IS the Bible account".

Allen of the Cross

Apr 25, 2020
Kentucky
Visit site
✟26,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I practice the method of reading the bible where I dont add or take away anything from the text. So my understanding of the biblical creation account is found in Genesis 1-3.

That said, understanding who the Word is, and realizing that the creating is being done by a 'speaking' creator, I love Genesis 1-3, and anywhere else He may speak, as I get to hear the Word speak before He was incarnated as Jesus.

If you dont understand me, read John 1 and Genesis 1 side by side.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a thread called "full spectrum of Christian beliefs on origins" --

In that thread there is a post focused on the "Evidence" for the Bible account.

But before we get there - we have to answer the more basic question "what is the Bible account"?

Consider this fact based option for what we find "in the text"

1. a literal 7 day week that is the same as the 7 day week at Sinai - Ex 20:8-11, Gen 2:1-3
2. Day one is in "one evening and morning" and has the creation of light - from the standpoint of an observer on Earth. Therefore - a rotating planet completing one rotation in a single evening and morning and having a light source on one side of the planet.
3. Day 2 - atmosphere - in one single evening and morning... one rotation of the planet
4. Day 3 - Dry land rather than "water world" - and plants: in one single evening and morning - one rotation
5. Day 4 - two great lights. One for day and one for night - in one single evening and morning - one rotation
6. Day 5 - sea animals and birds - in one single evening and morning
7. Day 6 - land animals and humans (two humans) - in one single evening and morning
8. Day 7 - Sanctified day - set apart Gen 2:1-3 - Ex 20:11, one single day the same as at Sinai in Ex 20

=========================

Some will say the Bible account can't be trusted (on a great many topics including this one) -- but for now - I am just focused on "What IS the Bible account".
We have to remember that Genesis was written by Moses to a very simple people , ancient people at that. I think we have advanced since then. It's rather strange, to me at least, that Christians are stuck in this time frame when God very well said that knowledge will expand and grow. His Words.
Yes the Biblical account of creation is accurate for the child like minds it was delivered to but at some point we need to realize that God's creation has a whole backstory behind it. And it's not Darwinism.
My thoughts anyway. Blessings.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are Christian scientists who can explain the origin to a degree.
In a video, this guy explains the universe and God like a combined lecture on science and God.
"Secrets of the Cosmos Confirm the Bible" - Dr. Jason Lisle
101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe
There is a lot of info here and I haven't the time to go through every one of them.

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If anything that further proves many things.
Young earth creation.
How durable DNA and life can be.
The fact the sun burns so much of it's energy per second that if the universe was and it took "millions of years" for Earth to form and cool down then our sun would have long spent up it's fuel before life could form.

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,483.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact the sun burns so much of it's energy per second that if the universe was and it took "millions of years" for Earth to form and cool down then our sun would have long spent up it's fuel before life could form.
Not really when you consider just a small sunspot that formed the other day was the size of 3 earths.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you adding in this rotation non-sense, i thought this was creation as the Biblical account

Would be nice but none of these science first believers can do it. They filter everything through scientific 'facts' that they don't even see they have science held up above scripture. So they derail any thread on pure scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why are you adding in this rotation non-sense, i thought this was creation as the Biblical account

Because a lot of readers to know what "evening and morning" means -- and even Einstein affirmed the principle that motion can be described from the "frame of reference" POV as a legit scientific method of observation.

Those who want to argue that "evening and morning" cannot possibly mean "one rotation" are free of course to hold that view.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,483.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2. Day one is in "one evening and morning" and has the creation of light - from the standpoint of an observer on Earth. Therefore - a rotating planet completing one rotation in a single evening and morning and having a light source on one side of the
Yet the sun and moon were not created until the fourth 'day'.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We have to remember that Genesis was written by Moses to a very simple people , ancient people at that.

No doubt all Bible texts written to people 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, 3500 years ago... a written to people living in a simpler time.

But the premise of the Bible is that the author is infinite God who knows all, and is an expert communicator.

It's rather strange, to me at least, that Christians are stuck in this time frame

God is infinite as it turns out - so His ability to "be informed" was pretty great even 4000 years ago. His Word is valuable even if it is 3500 years old in that case.

Yes the Biblical account of creation is accurate for the child like minds it was delivered to .

1. God tells the truth
2. God gives us an account of Creation that is reliable 1000's of years after He speaks.
3. If the argument is "move past the Bible you are finally smarter than God" then a lot of Christians don't go for that sort of thing.

In any case "step 1" is to accurately state what the Bible says on the subject.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yet the sun and moon were not created until the fourth 'day'.

True ... in my OP it is day 4 when the Sun and moon are created.

But it does not mean that "infinite God" only knows of one source of "light" and that is the fusion of hydrogen... The idea that He has no other option when it comes to 'source of light' is not entirely a "given".

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No doubt all Bible texts written to people 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, 3500 years ago... a written to people living in a simpler time.

But the premise of the Bible is that the author is infinite God who knows all, and is an expert communicator.

God is infinite as it turns out - so His ability to "be informed" was pretty great even 4000 years ago. His Word is valuable even if it is 3500 years old in that case.

1. God tells the truth
2. God gives us an account of Creation that is reliable 1000's of years after He speaks.
3. If the argument is "move past the Bible you are finally smarter than God" then a lot of Christians don't go for that sort of thing.

I guess you missed the part where God increases knowlege. That's ok.
Be blessed.
"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

1. God tells the truth

I guess you missed the part where God increases knowlege.

Teachers in educational systems also work on the premise of increased knowledge over time - but they don't do it by starting off with lies and then telling more and more truth as time goes on.

God who allows people to learn over time is not the same thing as "God lies at first but later tells the truth"

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Teachers in educational systems also work on the premise of increased knowledge over time - but they don't do it by starting off with lies and then telling more and more truth as time goes on.

God who allows people to learn over time is not the same thing as "God lies at first but later tells the truth"
Lies? Never.

Upvote 0