Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
still, I think almost all of them opt for the test and upper nineties percent (can't remember exact figure) the women who test positive abort their baby.
That isn't what you originally said.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They are not a minority any more than bank
robbers are a minority. And it takes no more
hatred to say it is wrong than it takes to say
that robbing banks is wrong.
Which protected class covers bank robbers?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
this is my original comment
Not sure what you are saying you originally said because you wrote nothing beyond this, but your earlier post began with these words: "From what I have read, Scanadinavian countries have now genetically 'cleansed' themselves of Down's Syndrome people. They probably see this a triumph of eugenic science." That is in fact not the case.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what you are saying you originally said because you wrote nothing beyond this, but your earlier post began with these words: "From what I have read, Scanadinavian countries have now genetically 'cleansed' themselves of Down's Syndrome people. They probably see this a triumph of eugenic science." That is in fact not the case.
I didn't post that...I just commented on that

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if you lived in a town where everybody knew everybody and your 50 year old (male) neighbor came into the Victoria's Secret shop you owned and picked up some sexy items and told you not to say anything but he was buying them for his 18 year old girlfriend because his wife of 30 years had gotten fat. Would the Supreme Court back him up if you refused to sell them to him?
So you are telling me that the government should have the power to force you to sell sexy underthings to this person who's behavior is against your moral values? Would you seriousely do that? Those are separate questions. Please don't answer just one.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you are telling me that the government should have the power to force you to sell sexy underthings to this person who's behavior is against your moral values? Would you seriousely do that? Those are separate questions. Please don't answer just one.
It isn't a case of the government forcing you to do something, it is a matter of not discriminating against someone. There are some cases where you can do it--a bar, for example, cannot legally serve someone who is visibly intoxicated. That is a matter of public safety. A gun shop can't sell to someone who fails a background check for the same reason, public safety.

Should a business owner be allowed to refuse to sell "sexy underthings" to an interracial couple because the owner thinks that blacks and whites shouldn't be together?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
From what I have read, Scanadinavian countries have now genetically 'cleansed' themselves of Down's Syndrome people. They probably see this a triumph of eugenic science.
I am not saying that there are not great trials and sacrifices involved in raising kids with Down's Syndrome, but it would surprise me very much if the vast, vast preponderance of parents of such people would not recognizing such 'cleansing' of these people from their lives would not be experienced as a loss greater than they could bear.
Down's Syndrome and unconditional love are synonyms from the little I know about both.

That touched my heart Solmon , a long time ago I would visit with friends who would come to Florida in the winter.
They had a special boy who their love was so heart warming to see.
They told me that with his condition his life span would be shortened.
At that time he was in his late 20s.
He passed soon after ,and his Dad passed with in a year after that.
His Mother returned one time and she told me ,good by she was not coming back.
I know they would have never traded their short but blessed time ,with their son for anything in the world.

• Prayers
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn't. We could be talking about adoption, but we are not because we have no desire to have children.

But a blind person is not "dysfunctional."

We?
Did I miss something in my vacation from this thread?

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
individuals of protected classes are normal it is just that some individuals feel that they have the right to discriminate and treat some people as second class citizens. The members of the protected classes are not the ones with the problem.

you just wrote that gays are not normal mainstream citizens - as homophobia goes that is pretty ugly.

I wrote no such thing but nice try.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And there are bakers out there who wouldn't bake a cake for an interracial couple or for a Muslim couple. You apparently wouldn't have a problem.

My girlfriend is a normal, mainstream citizen. She is also in a protected class based on her sex. Oh, and if a Muslim baker would discriminate against you, you would be in a protected class. If there hadn't been discrimination based on race, color sex, creed, etc. we wouldn't need these laws.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Which is an entirely different subject than the one I am discussing here.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Your only unambiguous verses come from Leviticus...how many of the 247 laws of Leviticus do you faithfully follow?

How does Paul in the New Testament describe homosexuals?
Based on pure reason ,how do you normalize homosexuals in the realm of procreation?
How do you consider same sex relationships as important as race?
Many homosexuals have left behind there desire for the same sex ,and traded for a better desire in the love of Christ.
But when it comes to our race we cannot change no matter what.
If you are born Japanese, you will die Japanese.
How do you explain the person who wakes up one day and decides he wants to be a homosexual, or the Woman who hates men from abuse and becomes a Lesbian?
The Japanese Woman cannot change her race no matter how much abuse she has been through.
Homosexual behavior has a reason, so explain bisexual behavior?
What other reason on Earth than a carnal lust of the flesh, would a person bed down with any gender?
And this is more important than a man's persecution over a stupid cake.
It's the root of bitterness in the homosexuals that drive them to harm this man the Baker.
They are violent carnal minded people ,to cause this much harm over a stupid cake.
It's not the cake their after ,they seek to change everyone's view on their sexual preference.
They want to be celebrated for their carnal acts.
They are not just homosexuals, but self centered narrissisic people who do not have any ability for natural love and forgiveness.

2 Timothy 3: 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The two are far from mutually exclusive. And the
right to free speech is not limited to words. That
has been proven time and again in the SC.

This is art.
fde940eda48cc58234c74469b70fe326--gray-weddings-indian-weddings.jpg

It is obvious that others do not know about airbrush work on cakes.
Or the sculpting and molding that is done.
It is a art form and the best are true artists.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which is an entirely different subject than the one I am discussing here.
It is discrimination and a violation of the law, just as what happened here is discrimination and a violation of the law.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It isn't a case of the government forcing you to do something, it is a matter of not discriminating against someone. There are some cases where you can do it--a bar, for example, cannot legally serve someone who is visibly intoxicated. That is a matter of public safety. A gun shop can't sell to someone who fails a background check for the same reason, public safety.

Should a business owner be allowed to refuse to sell "sexy underthings" to an interracial couple because the owner thinks that blacks and whites shouldn't be together?
But there is a great benefit to 100% of the public if the person doesn't sell that beer or gun in those two examples. If the baker is forced to sell something immoral how does that benefit 100% of the people?
The answer to your question is NO because I am not a racist.You are clearly dodging of my question. Would you personally sell them to the 50 year man? You know you will lose either way you answer it because your case is weak.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But there is a great benefit to 100% of the public if the person doesn't sell that beer or gun in those two examples. If the baker is forced to sell something immoral how does that benefit 100% of the people?
The answer to your question is NO because I am not a racist.You are clearly dodging of my question. Would you personally sell them to the 50 year man? You know you will lose either way you answer it because your case is weak.
I am not dodging your question. I have said several times in response to your question and similar posts that it would be discrimination to not sell women's undergarments to the 50 year old man.

The baker here isn't being forced to sell something "immoral." He may view it in his own mind as immoral, but that isn't universally accepted. And there is nothing weak about my case.

Upvote 0