Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not dodging your question. I have said several times in response to your question and similar posts that it would be discrimination to not sell women's undergarments to the 50 year old man.

The baker here isn't being forced to sell something "immoral." He may view it in his own mind as immoral, but that isn't universally accepted. And there is nothing weak about my case.
But the guy is an adulterous bum. Why would you not be strong and take a moral stand? You would be supporting his adultery considering the information he gave you. Would you be able to sleep that night? The government shouldn't regulate your moral values and force you to support his immorality. Regarding your second subject you say "universally accepted". By who? I only care about what God accepts and the Bible is clear. Why do you hold humans views over His? The gay couple have the freedom to go to a different baker. I'm not proposing to take their freedom away. Why do you want to take the baker's freedom away? Let all of us be free and stop persecuting Christians.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But the guy is an adulterous bum. Why would you not be strong and take a moral stand? You would be supporting his adultery considering the information he gave you. Would you be able to sleep that night? The government shouldn't regulate your moral values and force you to support his immorality. Regarding your second subject you say "universally accepted". By who? I only care about what God accepts and the Bible is clear. Why do you hold humans views over His? The gay couple have the freedom to go to a different baker. I'm not proposing to take their freedom away. Why do you want to take the baker's freedom away? Let all of us be free and stop persecuting Christians.

Using your reasoning everyone who works at a grocery store or restaurant could potentially be supporting gluttony every time they serve a meal or sell a food item. Every bank employee could be supporting usury. Every person who works at a beer distributor could be supporting alcoholism. I'm sure that those folks all manage to sleep at night.

If you are in business you have to serve customers. You cannot discriminate. Some Christians would say that interracial couple are in violation of scripture. Should they be allowed to discriminate based on their moral views?

John Smith and Linda Jones try to check in at a motel. The manager says he won't allow them to get a room because they aren't married and he won't allow unmarried couples to share a room. The nearest hotel is two hours away and it is already after midnight. You don't have a problem with the manager turning them away because of his moral views?

The gay couple can go to a different baker? What if there are no other nearby bakers.

This is not persecuting Christians. If you are in business you must follow the law.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Using your reasoning everyone who works at a grocery store or restaurant could potentially be supporting gluttony every time they serve a meal or sell a food item. Every bank employee could be supporting usury. Every person who works at a beer distributor could be supporting alcoholism. I'm sure that those folks all manage to sleep at night.

If you are in business you have to serve customers. You cannot discriminate. Some Christians would say that interracial couple are in violation of scripture. Should they be allowed to discriminate based on their moral views?

John Smith and Linda Jones try to check in at a motel. The manager says he won't allow them to get a room because they aren't married and he won't allow unmarried couples to share a room.
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ay-wedding-cakes.8042302/reply?quote=72237079
The manager is guilty of the worst sin of all, playing God by judging his neighbor.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Being a certain race is not something a person can control. Stop comparing apples to oranges.
Again, I'm not.
I am however comparing the motives and rhetoric and actions of those who with discriminate against each group.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
He didn't refuse to sell them a cake. He refused
to personalize it the way they wanted.
That is false. Phillips testified under oath that there was no discussion about decoration much less personalization. Philips refused to serve the couple when he identified them as gay. It was later claimed that Philips offered generic cake parts to the couple but he admitted during testimony that such as offer was not made until later

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
They are not a minority any more than bank
robbers are a minority. And it takes no more
hatred to say it is wrong than it takes to say
that robbing banks is wrong.
Of course they are. Your false claim they are not along with the subtle comparison to violent criminals is fine examples of just what i was talking about

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every person who works at a beer distributor could be supporting alcoholism. .
Using your reasoning if I owned a soda pop store and didn't believe in alcohol use, the government should have the right to force me to sell whiskey.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
How does Paul in the New Testament describe homosexuals?
He doesn't. It's only in very recent years that Paul's writings have been translated to include the word homosexual, a word that didn't exist at the time of the writing.

Based on pure reason ,how do you normalize homosexuals in the realm of procreation?
they are normal

How do you consider same sex relationships as important as race?
"same sex relationships is not orientation

Many homosexuals have left behind there desire for the same sex ,and traded for a better desire in the love of Christ.
But when it comes to our race we cannot change no matter what.
not a single documented case of an adult changing sexual orientations exists.

How do you explain the person who wakes up one day and decides he wants to be a homosexual, or the Woman who hates men from abuse and becomes a Lesbian?
Urban myths and poor reasoning

Homosexual behavior has a reason, so explain bisexual behavior?
????

What other reason on Earth than a carnal lust of the flesh, would a person bed down with any gender?
Maybe love, commitment, family.
Why don't you go ask your mother about her carnal lust.

And this is more important than a man's persecution over a stupid cake.
It's the root of bitterness in the homosexuals that drive them to harm this man the Baker.
They are violent carnal minded people ,to cause this much harm over a stupid cake.
that describes your baker.

It's not the cake their after ,they seek to change everyone's view on their sexual preference.
They want to be celebrated for their carnal acts.
really? Because they just went into a bakery with the idea of buying a cake
They are not just homosexuals, but self centered narrissisic people who do not have any ability for natural love and forgiveness.
Do they also murder newborn babies and fest on their blood?

2 Timothy 3: 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
i think this applies aptly to you.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
But the guy is an adulterous bum.
and Noah was a drunk and an exhibitionist.

Why would you not be strong and take a moral stand? You would be supporting his adultery considering the information he gave you. Would you be able to sleep that night? The government shouldn't regulate your moral values and force you to support his immorality. Regarding your second subject you say "universally accepted". By who? I only care about what God accepts and the Bible is clear. Why do you hold humans views over His? The gay couple have the freedom to go to a different baker.
and blacks had their own drinking fountains. Shouldn't they have been happy with that?

I'm not proposing to take their freedom away. Why do you want to take the baker's freedom away? Let all of us be free and stop persecuting Christians.
I always laugh when Christians try to claim victimization

• Agree
Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Using your reasoning if I owned a soda pop store and didn't believe in alcohol use, the government should have the right to force me to sell whiskey.
What does that have to do with my reply regarding sales of items that could encourage sin? Perhaps you should pay attention to what is said in the thread. I earlier said that the government cannot force a business to sell specific items that it does not ordinarily handle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We appear to be heading to a dead end here. What a surprise.....nobody has changed anybody's mind. It all boils down to this....do you believe the Bible or not?....and we are divided into these two groups. That hasn't changed throughout all modern history and won't change with this thread. I side with the Bible. I feel sorry for those who don't and I also feel sorry for judgemental people who don't think they're judgemental. Sure I'll admit I'm judgemental. If people weren't judgemental we would have anarchy....no judges, juries or laws. But my judgements are based on Biblical principles. You folks who don't like Christianity can base it on man's ever changing politically correct whims if you want but I choose a never changing Rock.

Upvote 0