Visit site
✟8,063.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The US Air Force has a Peacemaker. It is called the B-52. That is one of its nicknames. The Peacemaker helped end conflict in Afghanistan against the Taliban.

hmmm.... well, thats not quite the same idea as the CPT. They are the people that stand between innocent civilians and armed solders. They risk their lives for the least of the breatren on this earth and some of them have died in their service. The work in places like Iraq, Pallistien, Columbia and even hear in America. They have a strict stand in non-violence. You can not create peace with bombs and bullets, only with love. All who kill with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Upvote 0

FluffyRabbitHunter

Apr 27, 2007
✟7,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Treesitter,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Wikipedia's got a great article abotu the CPT and Norman Kember, who was famously captured in Iraq for defending civilians. I went to here him speak at Greenbelt (have you heard of that? Big christian arts festival in the UK!). I didn't agree with everything he said but fully support the work he's doing.

Christ said we should turn swords into ploughshares. Our goal is to stand up for the weak, the civilians, the poor, the needy. Standing in front of tanks that are butchering the population is a very brave yet noble thing to do.

Just ignore Mayfly, he or she seems to relish trolling these threads with right wing nonsense. That anyone can even believe that there is 'peace' in Afganistan shows a lack of knowledge about the subject. Anyway, trolls are boring. Let's talk about social justice.

So, you want to join? Can I ask why? I've been at both ends, really, since I thought about joining the Royal Navy before God told me not to. I thought about CPT too but didn't think I was brave enough. Perhaps it is a matter of trusting God. I shouldn't be afraid to die doing Christian work, but it would still scare me.

Where would you like to work? Civilians across the world need help - Palestine, Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan... the list is endless.

Are you active in any local protest groups? A mate of mine got arrested at Faslane, the UK's nuclear sub's base. I should have been there - my mate's not a Christian so it would have been the perfect witness!

Upvote 0

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FluffyRabbitHunter: Standing in front of tanks that are butchering the population is a very brave yet noble thing to do.

This is an incorrect statement. Tanks are not butchering civilians in Iraq. Just to set the record straight, the butchers do not have tanks, only we do!

The butchers are using IEDs to kill innocent civilians. That is their weapon of choice. I doubt that the so-called peacemakers will have much of an impact upon the terrorists.

I invite all so-called "peacemakers" to visit Iran and try to seal off the border to stop the flow of IEDs. Just try it!

Otherwise all they do is interfere with law enforcement and the defense of innocent civilians by the gov't and coalition forces. The Word of God says that gov't is a restraint upon evil, not upon good and they they that bear the sword do not bear it in vain. And in the peaceful millenial reign of Christ on Earth, guess what? He enforces righteousness and clean living with violence. That is Christ's personal way. He will rule with a rod of iron and a sword will come from his mouth and kill the wicked in the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Interfering with the good guys by preventing their restraining evil is a sin and does not honor Jesus Christ at all. It does not bring peace either.

Upvote 0

treesitter

Jun 1, 2007
Rochester Hills, MI but basically nomadic most of
Visit site
✟8,063.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This is an incorrect statement. Tanks are not butchering civilians in Iraq. Just to set the record straight, the butchers do not have tanks, only we do!

The butchers are using IEDs to kill innocent civilians. That is their weapon of choice. I doubt that the so-called peacemakers will have much of an impact upon the terrorists.

I invite all so-called "peacemakers" to visit Iran and try to seal off the border to stop the flow of IEDs. Just try it!

Otherwise all they do is interfere with law enforcement and the defense of innocent civilians by the gov't and coalition forces. The Word of God says that gov't is a restraint upon evil, not upon good and they they that bear the sword do not bear it in vain. And in the peaceful millenial reign of Christ on Earth, guess what? He enforces righteousness and clean living with violence. That is Christ's personal way. He will rule with a rod of iron and a sword will come from his mouth and kill the wicked in the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Interfering with the good guys by preventing their restraining evil is a sin and does not honor Jesus Christ at all. It does not bring peace either.

All I will say is that I know what the truth is and I am not blinded by Americanism.

We are killing innocent people in Iraq and we have been doing it for many years. How can you explain the 500,000 children (under the ages of 6) that were killed in Iraq between 1990-2000, which was sponsored by the United States? Or what of the 600,000 innocent people who have been killed in Iraq since the 2003 Invasion? I am not afriad to say that America is the great harlot, Babylon, and that God is going to cast her down for her violence... Hallaluyah! The sad thing is that people in America think that honoring lip service to God actually makes a nation Christian while our tax dollars go to oppress the war. Christians in America let their love for a wealthy, arrogant nation over come the love for people all over the world.

http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...dmTXoPuzno_20061109.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

I do not doubt that there is such a thing as a terrorist. I know that there are people in Iraq who simply hate America and plant IED's but ask yourself... why are they fighting and who else is the terrorist. My friend... We also are the terrorists. Our nation has been responsible for much good but also much evil.

The Christian Peacemakers are heroes and they are doing the work of Jesus. Remember, people that speak about Jesus, heal in his name, prophecy and even cast out demons have NO GUARANTEE OF GOING TO HEAVEN. Jesus himself said that only those who do good things for the least of the brethren are heaven bound. This means Iraqis and other undesirable people.

I am not placing my trust in America's form of Christianity. Instead, I am putting my trust in giving our lives for people we don't even know. I am putting my faith in LOVING MY ENEMIES!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers. They really are living the word of Christ.

Upvote 0

treesitter

Jun 1, 2007
Rochester Hills, MI but basically nomadic most of
Visit site
✟8,063.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Treesitter,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Wikipedia's got a great article abotu the CPT and Norman Kember, who was famously captured in Iraq for defending civilians. I went to here him speak at Greenbelt (have you heard of that? Big christian arts festival in the UK!). I didn't agree with everything he said but fully support the work he's doing.

What did they say that you didn't agree with? I know, I didn't really like how they didn't show any gratitude to the soilders that rescued them in Iraq. I hate the war over their but I don't think that our soilders should still be given some respect for what they think they are doing. I did love how they pleaded that the media did not demonize the people who captured them... that is real love right there. Something that America knows nothing about.

Christ said we should turn swords into ploughshares. Our goal is to stand up for the weak, the civilians, the poor, the needy. Standing in front of tanks that are butchering the population is a very brave yet noble thing to do.

Yep. He also told two of his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword. I think this means that some are called to be peacemakers and some are called to be warriors... but the peacemakers are the only ones who Jesus blessed. I am called to be a peacemaker.

Just ignore Mayfly, he or she seems to relish trolling these threads with right wing nonsense. That anyone can even believe that there is 'peace' in Afganistan shows a lack of knowledge about the subject. Anyway, trolls are boring. Let's talk about social justice.

He seems like a nice enough guy. I just don't believe in America and I hate the things that our nation does. I look forward to the day that I leave this blashpemous, violent place and go somewhere else.

I guess, you could say their is peace in Afganistan. It is stabble enough their to support the lucrative heroin industry which strangely popped up right after we "liberated" them.... hmmm.

So, you want to join? Can I ask why? I've been at both ends, really, since I thought about joining the Royal Navy before God told me not to. I thought about CPT too but didn't think I was brave enough. Perhaps it is a matter of trusting God. I shouldn't be afraid to die doing Christian work, but it would still scare me.

I think that the army could be good for some people but the truth is that they do turn you into a killer and you could be called to violate God's law to "follow orders". I am happy God called you out of that but at the same time, I do not look down on people who are in the army. I have noticed that my friends who come back from Iraq always brag about how many people they killed... I think that is very sad. To know that you could have sent souls to hell...

I decided to dedicate my life to social justice after I had spent two years alone in the woods, living in a tree. It was through that time that I risked my life to protect God's animals and creatures that I realized I wanted to help his people as well. I want to join the CPT because I know that that is the gospel walk in action... to give your life for a friend and to love your enemies. People can say what they want but if it is in the defence of America, it doesn't convince me of anything.

I just know that I was willing to die for a tree so I would be willing to die for a human. It takes a lot to do something like that but all the glory and strength is only from God... if you do what he calls you to do, he will assist you in every way. Once you look death in the face, you have no fear in anything and it is at that point that you actually strike fear into the hearts of the wicked.

I have decided to take a few years and put myself through nursing school so I can be a greater asset out in the field. I plan on taking my education out into the world and dismanteling the ideas that America is establishing across the planet. I want to lead people to Jesus through my actions and not my words. I want to stand in solidarity with the people that are hated and dispised throughout the world because I know it will please God.

Where would you like to work? Civilians across the world need help - Palestine, Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan... the list is endless.

I think God is calling me into Iraq and Palastine... into the places where our "enemies" are. I want to practice loving my enemies
Are you active in any local protest groups? A mate of mine got arrested at Faslane, the UK's nuclear sub's base. I should have been there - my mate's not a Christian so it would have been the perfect witness!

I was involved with tree-sitting for two years and I also lived with the Navajo to help them in their resistance to American relocation that continues to this day.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP

I decided to dedicate my life to social justice after I had spent two years alone in the woods, living in a tree.

What a marvellous experience that must have been! I take my hat off to you. I believe environmental justice and social justice go hand in hand, but I don't know if I could have answered the call as you did.

Yes, I have heard of CPT and have met several Canadian Peacemakers. The daughter of some friends of mine worked with CPT in Palestine.

I can't believe more of the American posters here have not heard of Rachel Corrie.
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/
Now she is a true American heroine and martyr.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
CPT is not for peace but they help the so-called "Palestinians" get peices of Israel. Rachel Corrie also thought it would be a good idea to stand infront of a bulldozer for "peace." I have always been a fan of Caterpillar but after she was killed I just loved caterpillar to death, GO D9! CPT and their allies are worhtless scum and those CPT'ers in "Palestine" should be shot.:mad:

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CPT is not for peace but they help the so-called "Palestinians" get peices of Israel. Rachel Corrie also thought it would be a good idea to stand infront of a bulldozer for "peace." I have always been a fan of Caterpillar but after she was killed I just loved caterpillar to death, GO D9! CPT and their allies are worhtless scum and those CPT'ers in "Palestine" should be shot.:mad:

WHO is the one not for Peace? Give me just one instance of proof the CPT do not promote peace through word and deed? Just one instance, that is all that is needed, to back up your words.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP

Just the sort of things the Romans used to say about the Christian martyrs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
WHO is the one not for Peace? Give me just one instance of proof the CPT do not promote peace through word and deed? Just one instance, that is all that is needed, to back up your words.
Give me one example in "Palestine" that shows their "peacemaking" has worked to stop violence. By the way Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and others sent letters in support of the CPT 4 in Iraq which did not work ironically enough yet these groups send suicide bombers in Israel to kill Jewish children and others because they claim they are just so oppressed by the Israelis and their apartheid system. The "Palestinians" have had many chances in the past to build their own state and refuse the offer because they only want a state for the sole purpose of destroying Israel and killing every Jew. I can assure you that they will never get their state within the biblical boundaries because G-d will not allow it as He as told us Jews to destroy those within our borders and I intend to carry that out completely. Death to the "Palestinian" cause for "Peace"!

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Give me one example in "Palestine" that shows their their "peacemaking" has worked to stop violence. By the way Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and others sent letters in support of the CPT 4 in Iraq which did not work ironically enough yet these groups send suicide bombers in Israel to kill Jewish children and others because they claim they are just so oppressed by the Israelis and their apartheid system. The "Palestinians" have had many chances in the past to build their own state and refuse the offer because they only want a state for the sole purpose of destroying Israel and killing every Jew. I can assure you that they will never get their state within the biblical boundaries because G-d will not allow it as He as told us Jews to destroy those within our borders and I intend to carry that our completely. Death to the "Palestinian" cause for "Peace"!

I am so very thankful that peace does not depend to attitudes as yours. By your words and age I can tell you have much to learn. A true and lasting peace can only benefit all. Below you will find links to the websites of some of the Israeli peace groups who make up the "Other Israel," along with short descriptions of the groups, most of which are taken from their websites. Together, these organizations provide a timely reminder that there are not simply "two sides," Israelis and Palestinians, but that there are Israelis who join with Palestinians in working for a future of reconciliation and peace built on a foundation of justice.

Combatants For Peace
We are a group of Israeli and Palestinian individuals who were actively involved in the cycle of violence in our area. The Israelis served as combat soldiers in the Israel Defense Forces and the Palestinians were involved in acts of violence in the name of Palestinian liberation.
We all used weapons against one another, and looked at each other only through weapon sights; however today we cooperate and commit ourselves to the following:
  • We no longer believe that the conflict can be resolved through violence.
  • We believe that the blood shed will not end unless we act together to terminate the occupation and stop all forms of violence.
  • We call for the establishment of a Palestinian State, alongside the State of Israel. The two states can exist in peace and security beside each other.
  • We will use only non-violent means to achieve our goals and call for both societies to end violence.
Rabbis for Human Rights: http://www.rhr.israel.net
"RHR was founded in 1998, in response to serious abuses by the Israeli military authorities in the suppression of the intifada. The indifference of much of the country religious leadership and religiously identified citizenry to the suffering of innocent people seen as the enemy was a cause of concern to RHR's organizers."

Gush Shalom: http://www.gush-shalom.org/english
Gush Shalom calls for Israeli withdrawal from the occupied territories and for Jerusalem to be the shared capital of the State of Israel and a future Palestinian state.

Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions: http://www.icahd.org
"ICAHD is a non-violent, direct-action group originally established to oppose and resist Israeli demolition of Palestinian houses in the Occupied Territories. As our activists gained direct knowledge of the brutalities of the Occupation, we expanded our resistance activities to other areas - land expropriation, settlement expansion, by-pass road construction, policies of "closure" and "separation," the wholesale uprooting of fruit and olive trees and more. The fierce repression of Palestinian efforts to "shake off" the Occupation following the latest Intifada has only added urgency to our efforts. As a direct-action group, ICAHD is comprised of members of many Israeli peace and human rights organizations. All of our work in the Occupied Territories is closely co-ordinated with local Palestinian organizations."

Yesh Gvul: http://www.yesh-gvul.org/english.html
Yesh Gvul (Hebrew for "There is a Limit!") "is an Israeli peace group that has shouldered the task of supporting soldiers who refuse assignments of a repressive or aggressive nature. The brutal role of the Israel Defense Force (IDF) in subjugating the Palestinian population places numerous servicemen in a grave moral and political dilemma, as they are required to enforce policies they deem illegal and immoral. The army demands compliance, but many soldiers, whether conscripts or reservists, find that they cannot in good conscience obey the orders of their superiors."

New Profile: http://www.newprofile.org/english
We, Israeli women - Jewish and Palestinian - oppose the occupation of the Palestinian people and refuse to take part in any of its destructive aspects. We refuse to live as enemies We refuse to fulfil the roles that women are expected to fulfil during wartime We refuse to pay the economic and social price of the occupation We refuse to be ignorant and to succumb to terrorizing and silencing We refuse to raise children to war, poverty and opression We refuse to remain silent A collective refusal of women can change reality. A feminine refusal means an alternative voice and a language opposed to the language of power.

Ta'ayush: http://www.taayush.org
Ta'ayush means "coexistence" in Arabic. The Jewish-Israeli and Palestinian-Israeli members of Ta'ayush live out coexistence as they join to help Palestinian farmers harassed by Israeli settlers harvest their olives or make solidarity and relief visits to Palestinian Bedouin in the Hebron hills threatened with eviction by Israeli settlers and the military.

Bat Shalom: http://www.batshalom.org
"Bat Shalom is a feminist peace organization of Israeli women. We work toward a just peace between Israel and its Arab neighbors that includes recognition of a Palestinian state side-by-side with Israel and Jerusalem as the capital of both. Within Israel, Bat Shalom works toward a more just and democratic society shaped equally by men and women."

The Alternative Information Center: http://www.alternativenews.org "The AIC is a Palestinian-Israeli organization which disseminates information, research and political analysis on Palestinian and Israeli societies as well as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, while promoting cooperation between Palestinians and Israelis based on the values of social justice, solidarity and community involvement."

More Israeli-Palestinian Groups Working for Peace

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]ISRAELI/PALESTINIAN PEACE GROUP SITES[/FONT]
<DIV align=left>

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Open House [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Center in Ramle was founded in 1991 to further peace and coexistence among Israeli Arabs and Jews in this mixed city of 65,000 residents. The human story behind it has inspired millions throughout the world. The history of the house which serves as the site for this unique initiative is a microcosm of the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians, for the two families who call the house "home" symbolize the two nations that have been fighting for decades over their common homeland, a land both consider holy. Administrator is JPF member Yeheskal Landau.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.openhouse.org.il[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Association for Civil Rights in Israel [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Founded in l972, ACRI is Israel's foremost civil and human rights organization, working to promote and protect rights through litigation, education and legal counseling. ACRI has won cases for Palestinians at the Israeli supreme court on issues of house demolitions, among others. Advises Knesset on development of human rights law. Trains lawyers at Georgetown University Law School. Uses American civil rights case law in its work. Does outreach like holding a "Human Rights Fair" in Jerusalem’s main shopping mall!![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.nif.org/acri/[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Neve Shalom/Wahat al-Salam[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]An Arab-Jewish village in Israel--an intentional community--of equal numbers of Jews and Palestinian Arabs families of Israeli citizenship who live together, and educate their children bilingually together, in commuting distance from Jerusalem. They run a School for Peace and do outreach educational work for peace, through seminars, courses, curricula.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://nswas.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Physicans for Human Rights/Israel : [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Chairwoman, Dr. Ruchama Marton[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Email phr@netvision.net.il[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Nonpartisan, PHR joins health professionals from Israel, West Bank and Gaza who work against abuses of medical and human rights, protect the right to receive medical care in Israel when services in PA areas are unavailable and appeal to authorities when requests are refused.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.ariga.com/humanrights/physicians.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Jewish-Palestinian Encounter[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]A place for Palestinians, Israelis, Jews and Arabs throughout the world to meet, dialogue, and form personal connections. We believe that understanding and reconciliation requires honest and heartfelt communication. All people of good will, including Palestinians, Jews and others who want to help resolve our conflict are welcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.salam-shalom.net/[/FONT]

B'Tselem: the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories has earned international recognition as the leading Israeli organization monitoring and documenting human rights violations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip , and advocating for positive change. Founded in l989, B'tselem has published over 50 reports on a wide variety of human rights issues, and engaged in various advocacy campaigns.

http://www2.iol.co.il/btselem/

The Israel-Palestine Center for Research and Information, (IPCRI), founded in Jerusalem in 1989, is the only joint Palestinian-Israeli public policy think-tank in the world. It is devoted to developing practical solutions for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. IPCRI deals with the cardinal issues such as: What is the nature of the final status agreement that the two sides must reach - two states, confederal and power-sharing arrangements, links with Jordan etc. * Where should the borders between the two entities be drawn? * How to solve the intractable question of Jerusalem, the Holy City claimed by two nations and three monotheistic religions? * What should happen to Israeli settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip?"
http://www.ipcri.org/

The Hope Flowers School, a unique example of education of peace and democracy in the Palestinian territories.
http://www.mideastweb.org/hopeflowers/

Gush Shalom has developed a close working relationship with the Palestinian groups supporting the peace process, and had several demonstrations jointly with the PLO, dedicated to issues such as the release of Palestinian political prisoners and detainees.We constantly demonstrate, alone and with other groups, against settlement activity, Ethnic cleansing and other acts meant to undermine the peace process. It was formed in l992 by journalist and publisher Uri Avnery in the aftermath of the deportation of 415 Palestinians by Rabin's government
http://www.gush-shalom.org

Wi'am, as a grassroots organization, strives alongside other democratic forces present in the larger Bethlehem community to build a democratic and just society. The Center aims to improve the quality of relationships by: addressing injustices rather than avenging them; dignifying persons on both sides of the conflict; promoting human rights and advocating for peace among all people.
http://www.planet.edu/~alaslah/

Adva Center, an independent think tank focused on issues of equality and social justice in Israel. Adva's Hebrew and English websites offer social policy analyses in areas such as the state budget, the tax system and social services - education, health, housing and the environment. The studies examine policy implications for Israeli society as a whole and their effects on each of the major social groups in Israel.
http://www.adva.org

LAW - the Palestinian Society for the Protection of Human rights and the Environment is a non-governmental organisation dedicating to advancing human rights through legal advocacy LAW is affiliate to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) and the Federation Internationale des Ligues de Droits de l'Homme.

Friendship Village is an Israeli-based international center for educating young people in democracy, peace, coexistence and cooperation in Israel, Palestine and the Middle East.<B>
http://friendshipvillage.org.il

Reactions: gluadys
Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]U.S. GROUPS WORKING ON MIDDLE EAST PEACE[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jewish Peace Fellowship [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]is a Jewish voice in the peace community and a peace voice in the Jewish community. We are a nondenominational Jewish organization committed to active nonviolence as a means of resolving conflict, drawing on Jewish traditional sources within the Torah, the Talmud and contemporary peacemaking sages like Martin Buber, Judah Magnes and Abraham Joshua Heschel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.jewishpeacefellowship.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The New Israel Fund [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The New Israel Fund is an international philanthropic partnership of North Americans, Israelis, and Europeans. It supports activities and groups in Israel that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish-Arab equality and coexistence, advance the status of women, nurture tolerance and pluralism, bridge social and economic gaps, seek environmental justice, and press for government accountability. NIF makes grants ($6 million, including NIF's own projects, in 1995); provides technical assistance through SHATIL -- its capacity-building center -- to some 170 Israeli public-interest groups; trains civil-rights and environmental lawyers; and conducts public education in North America.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.nif.org/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Not In My Name. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]A Chicago- area Jewish peace group (with members living elsewhere too) which formed in November 2000 to work for a just peace between Israeli Jews and Palestinians. NIMN urges as a first step toward attaining peace the end of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem. They call themselves "Not in My Name" because they believe that Israel often takes its actions in the name of world Jewry, "actions that we feel does not reflect our Jewish values." PMB 206, 2859 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201312-409-4845http://www.nimn.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The American Friends of Peace Now[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.peacenow.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]U.S. Campaign to free Mordechai Vanunu[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Israeli Nuclear Whistelblower[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.nonviolence.org/vanunu/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jews for Racial and Economic Justice [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]local New York City group[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.jfrej.org/[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Visions of Peace and Justice[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://vopj.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Middle East Realities TV Washington DC Area TV [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]and video documentaries for order.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.middleeast.org/merlist.htm[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Foundation for Middle East Peace [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif](FMEP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]informing Americans about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and assisting in a peaceful solution that brings security for both peoples. The Report on Israeli Settlement in the Occupied Territories, published bimonthly by FMEP, provides up-to-date information on Israel's settlement policies as well as the ongoing negotiations with the Palestinians over the future of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and Jerusalem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.fmep.org/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jewish-Palestinian Living Room Dialogue Group[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.igc.org/traubman/dg-prog.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Boston Committee on the Middle East [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif](BCOME) Publishes Salam Review, a monthly magazine about the struggle for peace and justice in the Middle East.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.salam.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jews for a Just Peace [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]was founded ten years ago as an organization of Vancouver Jews whose purpose is to build support for a fair and just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. With the signing of the Oslo accord many people hoped, and believed, that peace and justice were now at hand. The reality is opposite. The situation of the Palestinians is, if anything, more desperate than it was and Israel itself is becoming increasingly fractured as a consequence of the ongoing conflict.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/S_Aberle/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Abraham Fund[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.coexiatence.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Search for Common Ground[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]in the Middle East[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.sfcg.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Shalom Center,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif] founded in 1983, brings Jewish spirituality, tradition, and experience to bear on issues of tikkun olam, pursuing peace, seeking justice, healing the earth, and building community. Its director is Rabbi Arthur Waskow. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.shalomctr.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Brit Tzedek v'Shalom[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif], the Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace, is a national organization of American Jews deeply committed to Israel's well-being through the achievement of a negotiated settlement to the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.btvshalom.org [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Muslim-Jewish Peace Walk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]www.peacewalk.blogspot.com [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]U.S. PEACE AND JUSTICE SITES[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Fellowship of Reconciliation[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif] is the largest, oldest interfaith peace and justice organization in the United States. Since 1915, FOR has carried on programs and educational projects concerned with domestic and international peace and justice, nonviolent alternatives to conflict, and the rights of conscience. It is a branch of the International Fellowship of Reconciliation (IFOR), which has affiliates in over 40 countries.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.nonviolence.org/for/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Campaign for Criminal Justice Reform, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]an initiative of The Justice Project, is a national, non-profit, non-partisan organization focusing on identifying and solving issues of fairness in our judicial system.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The initial work of the Campaign is concentrated on people who are wrongfully sentenced to death.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Justice Project was founded in 1999. Top Democratic and Republican leaders and staff were recruited to find bi-partisan solutions to one of the most pressing problems in our criminal justice system: the rising incidence of people being wrongfully sentenced to death.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Campaign's goal is to raise public awareness about the issue and pass legislation that makes it more difficult to execute people because the means by which people are sentenced to death are unfair.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.CJReform.org [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Global Coalition for Peace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Out of the ashes of the World Trade Buildings and the ashes of the Pentagon, of the ashes of the victims of Flight 93 in Pennsylvania and of Afghanistan, and the ashes of Palestine and Israel, India and Pakistan, Global Coalition for Peace came to existence, molded on the suffering of those left behind as a vessel containing all the pain, that has violence as a common denominator, transforming it into a conviction of the sacredness of life and the power of non-violence and love. GCFP came to existence to join forces with all those working for the unity of the human family where brothers and sisters embrace the principle of non-violence and share the healing power of love.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.globalcoalitionforpeace.net[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Since its inception in 1976, NCADP has been the only fully staffed national organization exclusively devoted to abolishing capital punishment. NCADP provides information, advocates for public policy, and mobilizes and supports individuals and institutions that share our unconditional rejection of capital punishment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.ncadp.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]American Civil Liberties Union[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.ACLU.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Center for Responsive Politics[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.OPENSECRETS.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Council for a Livable World[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.CLW.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Federation of American Scientists[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.FAS.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Physicians for Social Responsibility[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.PSR.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Progressive links[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.WEBACTIVE.COM/WEBACTIVE/DIRECTORY/Directory.html[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Waging Peace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.WAGINGPEACE.ORG/ORGANIZES.HTML[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Holocaust, Dietrich Bonhoeffer & Christian Anti-Semitism[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.alstaggs.com[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]TRBnews.org[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Strongly critical of the domestic and foreign policies of the Bush administration, including opposition to a universal draft. Also features a section from media insiders.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.trbnews.org/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]BushDraft.com[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]A non-profit site dedicated to exposing the moves President Bush is making towards reinstating the draft in his second term.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.bushdraft.com/ [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Drafted Into Slavery[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Details the need to oppose the draft and offers information about pending legislation and lists names and addresses of national politicians.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.draftedintoslavery.com [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]</B>[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Shalom Center[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.shalomctr.org[/FONT]​

[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]U.S. GROUPS WITH NO WEB SITE[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Jewish Peace Lobby [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif](no web site) Jerome M. Segal, Director 8604 Second Ave. Suite 317, Silver Spring MD. 20910 301-589-8764 A national Jewish organization supporting a two-state solution including a shared Jerusalem, as the best way to achieve peace, security and justice.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Beit Shalom [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]114 W. 26th St., Suite 1001 New York NY 10001 212-989 8977 (no site) A new coalition of 15 American Jewish support groups for the Israeli peace movement (Americans for Peace Now, American Friends of Meretz, Givat Haviva, Congregation B&#8217;nai Jeshurun, Progressive Zionist Caucus, Education Fund for Israeli Civil Rights and Peace, Jewish Labor Committee, Social Action Commission of the Reform Movement, labor Zionist Alliance, Hashomer Hatzair.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]SITES FOR PUBLICATIONS, RESEARCH & REPORTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Alternative Information Center, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]an information bridge for peace and solidarity Based in Jerusalem and Bethlehem the AIC is a Palestinian-Israeli organization which disseminates information, research and political analysis on Palestinian and Israeli societies as well as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, while promoting cooperation between Palestinians and Israelis based on the values of social justice, solidarity, and community involvement.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.alternativenews.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Report on Israeli Settlement in the Occupied Territories, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]published bimonthly by FMEP, provides up-to-date information on Israel's settlement policies as well as the ongoing negotations with the Palestinians over the future of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and Jerusalem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.fmep.org/reports/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Other Israel[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]In 1982 and 1983, the horrors of the Lebanon War divided Israeli society and turned the attention of the world to the explosive situation in the Middle East. It was during this time that the Israeli Council for Israeli-Palestinian Peace (ICIPP) decided to broaden the impact of its activities by establishing an English-language newsletter, The Other Israel, published bimonthly, to provide extensive coverage of the diverse struggles waged by the Israeli peace movement. It reports on a great variety of activities, most of which find little or no mention in the world media. It also contains commentaries on events in Israel and the Middle East from a perspective in which the interests of Israelis and Palestinians are ultimately reconcilable.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://members.tripod.com/~other_Israel/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Middle East Report (MERIP)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]MERIP provides news and perspectives about the Middle East not available from mainstream news sources. The magazine has developed a reputation for independent analysis of events and developments in the Middle East. The Middle East Research and Information Project (MERIP) was established 26 years ago. The original conception of MERIP was to provide information and analysis on the Middle East that would be picked up by the existing media[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.merip.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The MIT Electronic Journal of Middle East Studies (MIT EJMES)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The first issue of the MIT Electronic Journal of Middle East Studies (MIT EJMES) will be published in summer 1999. Established and run primarily by graduate students, MIT EJMES is committed to publishing scholarly writing on the modern Middle East from a non-partisan perspective. It is founded on the belief that clearly articulated and informed positions are vital to constructive discussion on the complex and often contentious issues that characterize the Middle East. Although the editors especially encourage submissions from graduate students, all authors may submit articles for consideration. As an Internet magazine, the editors believe MIT EJMES will be able to take advantage of the benefits of computer communication to reach a wide and diverse audience of Middle East observers and researchers. The journal is based at the website of the Center for International Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://cis-server.mit.edu/mideast/[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Foundation for Middle East Peace [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]publishes the Report on Israeli Settlement in[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]the Occupied Territories)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www2.ari.net/fmep[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Salam Review, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]published by BCOME, Boston Committee on the Middle East An electronic magazine about the struggle for peace and justice in the Middle East[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.salam.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Palestine-Israel Journal [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]is an independent quarterly that aims to shed light on, and analyze freely and critically, the complex issues dividing Israelis and Palestinians. It will also devote space to relevant Middle East and international affairs. The Journal's purpose is to promote rapproachment and better understanding between the peoples; but it will strive to discuss all the issues without prejudice and without taboos.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.pij.org/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Survival is Not Enough. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Ever since his son fell in the 1982 Lebanon war, Yehoshua Zamir has worked to comfort other families and to try to bring peace. His writings are collected in Survival is Not Enough.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://eserver.org/books/zamir/cover.nclk[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Israel-Palestine Research Institute [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif](IPCRI) run by Prof. Gershon Baskin and Dr. Zakaria el Qaq researches issues related to the peace process and economic cooperation. Their site features position papers and results of research about the refugee problem, attitudes concerning a final settlement and Jerusalem. MERIA (Mid-East Review of International Affairs) edited by Prof. Barry Rubin, is a scholarly review devoted to economics and peace, and also provides free online books.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]LAW :the Palestinian Society for the Protection of Human Rights and the Environment, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]is a non-governmental organization dedicating to advancing human rights through legal advocacy. LAW is affiliated with the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) and the Federation Internationale des Ligues de Droits de l'Homme.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.lawsociety.org/[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Bulletin of Regional Cooperation in the Middle East, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]since 1992, has been the principal public outreach activity of Search for Common Ground in the Middle East (SCGME). The Bulletin continues to reach a growing audience among policy-makers, educators, social activists, academics and diplomats worldwide, and now has readers in more than 60 countries in its printed form. In addition to offering updates of each project within SCGME, the Bulletin provides, as its main coverage, information on the developing field of non-governmental cooperation in the Middle East. This includes not only work undertaken within the region but also the activities of NGOs, universities, think tanks and other institutions and organizations around the world with interests in the Middle East.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.sfcg.org/bulletin.htm[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Tikkun, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]a Bimonthly Jewish Critique of Politics, Culture & Society. The website contains a sampling from Tikkun Magazine,edited by Rabbi Michael Lerner, as well as special content not available in print. http://www.tikkun.org[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jewish Telegraphic Agency[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.JTA.ORG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Jerusalem Post[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.JPOST.COM[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Middle East Review of International Affairs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.biu.ac.il/SOC/besa/meria/index.html[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Ha&#8217;aretz[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.HAARETZ.CO.IL[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Meretz[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.meretz.org.il/English/HomePage.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Other Israel[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.MEMBERS.TRIPOD.COM/~OTHER_ISRAEL[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Peacewatch (Israel-based)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]HTTP://WWW.ARIGA.COM/PEACEWATCH[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Antiwar.com, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]a division of the Center for Libertarian Studies,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]a source for antiwar news, viewpoints and activities[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]http://www.antiwar.com[/FONT]​

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I have visited many of these sites and can tell that they are leftist communist hippies who could care less about reality and use the conflict for their own benefit. Tell me why I should give the "Palestinians" a country when G-d himself says in the Torah that no other people can ever occupy Israel and any Jew (or gentile for that matter) who dares give up that mandate is to be executed. The "palestinians" do not want peace, never have and never will. I fail to see how standing in front of a tank is going to bring true peace but then again for peace to come you have to have a true peace partner, which the "Palestinian" are not. The only way true peace will come to Israel is for the threat of the "Palestinian" version of peace to be eliminated.

Upvote 0