✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

How big is our company? It usually does not consist of one person, but a whole circle of friends.

It is not a good idea to introduce your new friend to your other friends right away. We need to take time to discern who we allow into our inner circle.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My friendship philosophy is summed up in this sentence: Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.

Intention is becoming a central theme in my life. Forming God-authored connections can make a profound difference in our character, growth, and purpose. I believe both have qualities and strengths the other needs and benefits from their expression.

I read a book (Seven Friendships Every Man Needs) two months ago that echoed this concept.

7 Godly Friendships
  • A godly mentor to disciple you: Paul
  • A solid peer to encourage you: Barnabas
  • A best friend to uphold you: Jonathan
  • A courageous brother to confront you: Nathan
  • A faithful disciple to follow you: Timothy
  • A lost seeker to hear you: Zacchaeus
  • A gracious Savior to befriend you: Jesus
~Bella

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read a book (Seven Friendships Every Man Needs) two months ago that echoed this concept.

7 Godly Friendships
  • A godly mentor to disciple you: Paul
  • A solid peer to encourage you: Barnabas
  • A best friend to uphold you: Jonathan
  • A courageous brother to confront you: Nathan
  • A faithful disciple to follow you: Timothy
  • A lost seeker to hear you: Zacchaeus
  • A gracious Savior to befriend you: Jesus
~Bella

When you allow a godly friend into your inner circle, she strengthens the bond of Christian community. Like "a chord of three strands that is not quickly broken" (Eccles. 4:12), you, her, and the mutual friend stand stronger in faith than ever before.

On the other hand, when you introduce an ungodly friend into your inner circle, she will destroy it from within by gossip and division that causes you to lose the support of the second strand of a mutual friend.

For this reason, we must be careful of who to let into our inner circle. And the list you provided is helpful in knowing the qualities to look for in godly friends. Thank you, Bella.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you allow a godly friend into your inner circle, she strengthens the bond of Christian community. Like "a chord of three strands that is not quickly broken" (Eccles. 4:12), you, her, and the mutual friend stand stronger in faith than ever before.

This is true. What I appreciated about the book was its explanation of the diverse gifts we receive from our friends. We may be rich in one variety and lacking in another.

On the other hand, when you introduce an ungodly friend into your inner circle, she will destroy it from within by gossip and division that causes you to lose the support of the second strand of a mutual friend.

I think prudence is needed when forming connections. We can’t shun those who haven’t come to Christ. But we should be mindful of heeding their advice and filtering it through the Lord.

While my closest connections are believers. It isn’t my intention to segregate myself. There was a time when that was appropriate early in my walk. But now He’s calling me to opportunities for greater engagement with those I’m meant to minister to.

You have a beautiful spirit and a heart for women. I sense the challenges are part of something greater for your benefit and the kingdom work you’re meant to do. :)

~Bella

• Friendly
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0