somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Not dumping. Just I've heard they're starting to shift to precious metals and etc according to the news which could destabilize the US Dollar. That for me brings up the thought that whatever you save sometime could be useless.
I've been working hard and smart so I have some decent savings but I saw our last financial bubble.. Silver at $40+ an ounce and other nutty things..
Thinking about picking up more silver since it's rather low right now..

What do you guys and gals think about all of this that's been happeneing?
Since silver is under $15 per ounce doesn't it seem halfway wise to pick some up if you've got cash for it?

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Silver is good. Gold is good. Anything that they can't inflate. Keep in mind though, the government can always make ownership of precious medals illegal.
Supposedly the silver to gold ratio is skewed so silver is the best bang for your buck..
I'm thinking about picking some up since I have a decent chunk in savings,
and really it's sadly a number on a computer which can shift around as it pleases due to currency manipulation.
I use Amazon payments, Paypal, Simplify Commerce, and Etsy which trickle into my checking account.. I buy a lot of supplies online, and love how it's all on my phone. But I know inherently it's not as stable or safe as it was a few decades ago..
I'm thinking about buying a couple 10 oz Sunshine bars since they're from a good mint, and aren't much over spot.
I'll probably be moving possibly this year though with my family from Hawai'i to Austin,TX. They can take whatever they want off of you when you fly, and so I'm guessing I'm relegated to putting a little bit into each moving box or package to even out the odds of losing anything (I heavily doubt).

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not dumping. Just I've heard they're starting to shift to precious metals and etc according to the news which could destabilize the US Dollar. That for me brings up the thought that whatever you save sometime could be useless.
I've been working hard and smart so I have some decent savings but I saw our last financial bubble.. Silver at $40+ an ounce and other nutty things..
Thinking about picking up more silver since it's rather low right now..

What do you guys and gals think about all of this that's been happeneing?
Since silver is under $15 per ounce doesn't it seem halfway wise to pick some up if you've got cash for it?

Just a word of advice: be careful what sources you get this kind of info from. There are a lot of people and websites out there that enjoy scaring people with claims that some country is going to cause an economic meltdown in America, or there's some conspiracy in the government.

It's never wrong to invest wisely and have a diversified portfolio, but just check your motives and make sure your not reacting out of fear or anxiety—as many of these pundits would have us do.

My ex-MIL was heavy into end-times conspiracy theories, and one aspect of those was financial and economic woes caused by China or Russia. It's just fear, and fear is never fruitful.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I am relatively conservative, am allergic to end of timers, and definitely am the first to call BS on something :)
I just see that things are cooking out there, and I keep hearing it. I saw my family's savings, retirement, and everything go down the drain. I've only amassed enough to pay for a decent new car in cash, but I know that it's going to help me in the future (college, business, and saving so I can have some cushion for when I hopefully get married), and so I think some diversification may be in order since 90% of what I have is just cash..

I do appreciate the two cents since typically, impulsive and emotionally driven actions are the worse. So I'll do best to avoid such things, and mull it over for a week or so.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I think I'll pickup maybe 40 ounces soon. Business is weird since this month is like Christmas and I thought Christmas was nuts. So I'm not sure if it's growing, or what this winter will be like. So if it continues I'll start tossing a decent bit to silver to have some sort of stability and cushion if things start to slide some.

Upvote 0

briquest

Jun 11, 2015
✟7,887.00
Faith
Christian
FIRST SEEK YE THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

Acts 2:38 King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
2 Thessalonians 1:8
King James Version
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

China Dumps Record $120 Billion In US Treasurys In Two Month Via Belgium
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...rd-120-billion-us-treasurys-two-month-belgium

hmm..
Augason Farms 30 Day Food Emergency Disaster Bucket, 1 Person, 20 Year
Storage Shelf Life http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=14ES8E7R24CWX474TDPZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am relatively conservative, am allergic to end of timers, and definitely am the first to call BS on something :)
I just see that things are cooking out there, and I keep hearing it. I saw my family's savings, retirement, and everything go down the drain. I've only amassed enough to pay for a decent new car in cash, but I know that it's going to help me in the future (college, business, and saving so I can have some cushion for when I hopefully get married), and so I think some diversification may be in order since 90% of what I have is just cash..

I do appreciate the two cents since typically, impulsive and emotionally driven actions are the worse. So I'll do best to avoid such things, and mull it over for a week or so.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Nothing wrong with investing in various things, including precious metals, since their value has only increased over the past decade or so.

Just out of curiosity, where do you usually get your financial information?

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
The issue with investing into emergency stuff is that it won't benefit long term.
I've met many end of timer kind of people, who are into collecting, storing, and otherwise just preparing for the end of society as we know it.
If the economy farts briefly I could see it working. But total economic collapse and an ensuing war.
I'd see it as a struggle that a few supplies wouldn't bear. However, if our cash's value fluctuated violently, and you had some solid assets then you could try to take steps to keep some stability whilst trying to formulate some plan of action.
In my book. I just don't want a stack of bills to be worth far less, and to see my efforts go to waste so some financial cushion since I can do it sounds like a decent idea.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Sounds like a good plan to me. Nothing wrong with investing in various things, including precious metals, since their value has only increased over the past decade or so.

Just out of curiosity, where do you usually get your financial information?
I haven't really read in a long time, and I find it too entailed to really delve into it.
I do read the news though, and have taken enough random bits of business courses (half a degree, and I run a small business) to know that it's not wise to count on stability. Our spending habits as a whole are disastrous and compared to many Asian countries we are in bad shape.

Silver in itself has many industrial uses, it's supply is thinning out, and it's currently well below mining cost.
But I don't read a lot, and so although I know that's true I can't say if it's a really good investment or just a way to ensure the moth's won't eat all your money :) And really. I don't have much money. I might be able to live off it for six months if I were rather careful. So it's definitely not a lot by any measure.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Zach91

Dec 31, 2011
New Bordeaux
✟16,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
image.jpg

Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
I think you should read up some books on precious metal investment before diving into it.

I have read some investment books, including one that was rated one of the best stock market investment book ever. Even then I win some and lose some.

An elder in my church said unless you are professional (CFA), you should keep your investment simple. Avoid complicated things like margin. And avoid IT and pharmaceutical stocks (not stable at all). Invest into Canadian Banks (cannot go bankrupt) and oil companies (the world will always need oil).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums