• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  8. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Child birth and dad in labor room

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Gynecological Issues' started by mariahcarey, Aug 12, 2016.

1. mariahcarey

mariahcarey New Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    Hello friends,
    What will be your opinion on dads attending their child birth in labor room?
    I will soon be delivering my baby, due date in October.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 4x4toy

4x4toy Newbie Supporter

+1,740
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I was not with my wife in the room and I wouldn't want to be in a position where I could not help or be of use . Plus I was scared . I don't go shopping either , I'm scared .. Good luck though and God bless ..

3. mariahcarey

mariahcarey New Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    Is it that scary, Ya may be which is why my husband is not willing to attend.

4. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+16,383
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    My husband was there when our daughter was born. I just asked him if he regretted it at all, and he said, "It wasn't pleasant, but I was very pleased to be there to support you, and to be there at Zoë's arrival."

Make of that what you will.

But if your husband isn't willing, what other people think really isn't the issue. What is his concern?

5. mariahcarey

mariahcarey New Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    Hello Paidiske,
    He is actually willing to attend, but I want a normal delivery. My husband being very soft at heart, he is not gaining confidence in him will he be able to support me or ask for c-sec if it becomes unbearable to me. I am madly reading out the articles on it and searching the best option out.
    The story doesn't ends here some articles say dads should attend and some say not to. See this an article on it by Tony Luck http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/should_the_dad_attend_the_birth_of_his_baby.html
    This was quite impressive I and my husband have joined the classes where the midwife is teaching related exercises which are to be carried out at the time of labor, prenatal, postnatal etc all courses will be covered in it.
    Hope this will make both of us bold enough to face the situation.

6. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,992
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Let's look at this from a patient and medical perspective instead of a 'should men be there for women things' perspective. Studies have shown that patients that have family present to support them helps them to recover faster. It's not about him, it's about being there to support you.

If there's one thing I've learned from my friend that's an L&D nurse, it's that normal situations can turn into high risk emergencies very quickly. While childbirth is a natural process, there are always complications that can arise before, during, and after. And regarding c-sections, it is surgery. There is always a risk involved.

7. Poppyseed78

Poppyseed78 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,327
    Christian
    Married
    My husband was in the room with me when I was in labor and during the birth of our son. I had an induction and was in labor for 32 hours. I would not have been happy if he decided not to be there with me through it. His support was really helpful to me. He had some worry beforehand that he'd be overwhelmed, scared etc, but once we were at the hospital, we did what we had to do and he was there for me through it. The goal is to have your baby as safely as possible. Once you're in labor, adrenaline takes over. It's a natural process that, I think, can actually be beneficial to the father and to the couple as they meet their new child together for the first time.

8. elladig46

elladig46 New Member

+0
    Oriental Orthodox
    Married
    I personally against my husband's presence in a labor room. Some of them have really weak nerves) It's better to save them and yourself) My 7 months pregnant friend has the same opinion.