Chess Club

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm on chess.com too. So always ready to play. Do you post on there as well?
I have a profile on there that I use to play games regularly with friends. I've never really used the other features of the site though. You can send me a challenge if you want. My profile Joliz is not hard to miss. It has a Yankees logo for the avatar lol

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who wants to post their elo rating? I bet we got some pretty good players here :) Mine is less than the default 800 cause i am not very gooood. Also I lost to my friend who used stockfish like 5-6 times in a row which ruined it. I beat him with scholars mate 2nd game then I was like wow man you got really good, didn't realize how easy it was to cheat online:/

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who wants to post their elo rating? I bet we got some pretty good players here :) Mine is less than the default 800 cause i am not very gooood. Also I lost to my friend who used stockfish like 5-6 times in a row which ruined it. I beat him with scholars mate 2nd game then I was like wow man you got really good, didn't realize how easy it was to cheat online:/
I don't think it's that easy to cheat. Sure you could look up moves and tactics, but that would take forever and it's not a guarantee that you'd see the opponent's strategy developing. Chess is kind of hard game to cheat in. If you have to get help, you'll probably lose most of the time. As your friend found out quickly lol. I don't think I've ever had an issue with anyone clearly cheating and I've played for years online.

Hopefully all of us will play fairly :)

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's that easy to cheat. Sure you could look up moves and tactics, but that would take forever and it's not a guarantee that you'd see the opponent's strategy developing. Chess is kind of hard game to cheat in. If you have to get help, you'll probably lose most of the time. As your friend found out quickly lol. I don't think I've ever had an issue with anyone clearly cheating and I've played for years online.

Given the nature of this forum I can only assume no one will cheat :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm really bad at chess but I think it's fun and interesting. I actually used to watch classmates play it at lunch in highschool. ^_^
Our english teacher had a fancy set in her classroom that she let some of us use occationally during lunch.
Maybe I'll check out that site. :)

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Nonsense.
Get a copy of a good Chess Engine. I believe that's what he was saying.
Get Chessmaster XI. Put it in the hardest mode. and whatever moves your opponent makes, you make against the computer. and whatever moves the computer makes, you play in the online game.

Essentially, your online opponent is playing against the extremely difficult computer rather than you. But doesn't know it. It's cheating.

yeah he beat his friend with the four move checkmate in the second game, and then his friend used stockfish to beat the next 5-6 times in a row. He was like "WOW" until he realized the friend was using stockfish and cheating.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense.
Get a copy of a good Chess Engine. I believe that's what he was saying.
Get Chessmaster XI. Put it in the hardest mode. and whatever moves your opponent makes, you make against the computer. and whatever moves the computer makes, you play in the online game.

Essentially, your online opponent is playing against the extremely difficult computer rather than you. But doesn't know it. It's cheating.
Okay. I guess I never thought about that. I suppose if some care that much about their ranking there are ways to cheat.

I had intended for this club to be friendly and fun. I don't see how someone can get any satisfaction at all from cheating to win, but these are valid concerns being raised. One way to eliminate this is a Skype video chat while playing chess, lol. Then you can't cheat:)

• Haha
Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0