undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The full movie is on Youtube until Sept 30; I have this clip placed to the important part @53:37

upload_2021-9-15_15-4-12.png

It's about 60 seconds.

(the entire thing is great)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fakenews is a problem, and it's a big problem; but I just put 2 and 2 together, and realized something. The people who put this vid together, and particularly the one giving the talk in the image and where I have bookmarked the clip are brilliant. That's why I put it here. But they aren't addicts, and they don't understand what happens when you come between an addict and their addiction. I do. And I've seen this film before, and it was a huge illumination and root source on a problem that I already recognized, fakenews and why people were consuming it and how they were led to consume it.

But what didn't fully sink in, is that it was Addictive fakenews. I understood that on the surface, but didn't apply the deeper meaning. The meaning of that just flashed on me and sunk in, in a personal way, the thoughts, the denial, the mindset in response to challenge, which, btw if you don't already know, is not a safe or sane one. And if you apply that to a societal scale (and it HAS been applied at a societal scale), I don't see how that's not fully and inescapably game ending over what I suspect will be a surprisingly short period of time. Sitting back and waiting for rationality... it won't work here. Maybe on some personal levels, but not on the overall societal one.

So, this is how it ended. Not with a bang, but with a click.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0