New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except for the children of parents who won't teach them. Worst sex-ed story I've ever heard? A 16 year old who learned what sex was from the police officer who interviewed her after she was raped.

Comes close to the 11 year old who was 5 months pregnant when she was finally removed from her home and came into the temporary care home still not know what sex was, and how she was pregnant. Despite someone finally comprehending that she was being raped by her stepfather nobody bothered to explain anything to her until she got into the group home where she had to have the on campus health center nurse educate her.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Teaching youths that they may hold off on implementing a sexual relations routine in their lives is the goal of many nations' parents.

What exactly is a sexual relations routine?

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Providing an environment for youths to focus on their strengths, contributions and be a part of a group that supports one anothers achievements is an investment. Ensuring enough time is given to youths to explore their own interests and development is respectful of youths' innocence. Parenthood overall is purposeful in raising youths to consider all their potential and possibilities from the very core of their innocence.

It is not your priority. Teaching youths that they may hold off on implementing a sexual relations routine in their lives is the goal of many nations' parents.

I might need your help finding where I said that teaching children to develop their own personhood is not my number one priority in my interactions with children. Because it is.

Though, I think I may also need your help understanding how developing one's own personhood becomes impossible as soon as you have sex. I can speak from personal experience, that there have been times I helped old ladies shower, hunted for mushrooms or talked a friend down from suicide, and also had sex.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Am I the only person who won't care if my hypothetical teenage daughter has sex as long as it's her choice and does it safely?

I'd care, but I wouldn't necessarily think it was a bad thing.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I might need your help finding where I said that teaching children to develop their own personhood is not my number one priority in my interactions with children. Because it is.

Though, I think I may also need your help understanding how developing one's own personhood becomes impossible as soon as you have sex. I can speak from personal experience, that there have been times I helped old ladies shower, hunted for mushrooms or talked a friend down from suicide, and also had sex.

Our priorities are not the same. Communities where more community chaperones commit to youths' programs, in school and out, are communities that engage youths in cultural projects.

Communities that tolerate commercial sexation and/or mottos such as Youths Are Free To Do As Youths Want To Do (when it comes to sexual relations) engage in additional cultural projects.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of a kid I knew who grew up in a very closed, rigid and disciplined atmosphere where she was never ever exposed to anything her parents deemed as innappropriate or corrupt...as soon as she went to college, she started smoking crack and dropped out and got pregnant....

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of course sex ed is needed, but there is also the necessity of giving moral education with it.

Kids should be told, "Don't have sex until you are older and have a very serious relationship, etc. and you should make considerations of any personal religion or other moral codes you may have; it's a big step in your life."

Worst ever sex ed story I heard?

Young kids having sex because they thought that it was "OK" since they had protected themselves from physical aspects, but were too emotionally immature to deal with the actual consequences...

(I believe we are in the mood of making up stories that are supposed to somehow be condemning of the other person's views, but not actually be that connected; it is sort of like a Strawman Story theme that you can all expand on if you want.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Young kids having sex because they thought that it was "OK" since they had protected themselves from physical aspects, but were too emotionally immature to deal with the actual consequences...

Broken hearts without pregnancy and disease are always better than broken hearts complicated by diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

Your story doesn't come close to the idiocy of things we worked with during the years I worked in residential care. Young children who were subject to a variety of abuses who had no education whatsoever about their bodies, sexual intercourse, the difference between rape and consensual sex. Children led to believe that they should shut up and not talk about "nasty" things and should be ashamed to tell anyone what happened to them.

Perhaps you have not ever worked in a field where over 90% of the children you provide care for have been sexually assaulted and 100% have been physically assaulted. The lack of quality education and the inability of a community to discuss sex without shame certainly contributes to many victims of abuse not understanding that they are being abused and their reluctance to tell.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of a kid I knew who grew up in a very closed, rigid and disciplined atmosphere where she was never ever exposed to anything her parents deemed as innappropriate or corrupt...as soon as she went to college, she started smoking crack and dropped out and got pregnant....

You are referring to an inchoate system, a colourless system. That has nothing to do with community chaperones and communities centered around youths.

When I self-correct certain aspects of my life that I intend to change, I supervise how my progression is going. The same can be said for a community and/or a grassroots' community.

Everyone has the potential to contribute to a community. Everyone has the potential to speak up and demand better resources be alloted to a community. Thinking minimally, this happens on a day to day basis with interested individuals dedicated to teaching youths some of their own cultural passions.

I add the fact that youths' interest can be held to pursue a lifestyle of sexual abstinence when given opportunities to broaden their abilities. Again, a Create-It Courtship is one approach to getting such a feat off the ground.

Laugh at it. Scoff at it. I am used to it. There is good in teaching youths to acknowledge one another's accomplishments. To give them space to figure out what type of life partner (if at all) exhibits an essence characterized by know-all empowerment of what does not need to be said or described is a goal we should all back. It is good for youths to contribute to the growing years of other youths to watch them build up their emotional intelligence.

There is a difference between acknowledging and respecting other youths for their contributions and being falsely attracted to them, thereby leading to peer pressure to entice sexual relations. Instead of having possible sexual relations with a youth, or variety of youths, and then later settling for one for a while or so, the art of courtship is taught through the sponsoring (and building up) of community chaperones with Arts projects.

Perhaps some choose to dumb down the concept because of this or that. That has been the case when often some want to change wrongs for rights in a situation. For example how best to manage the geriatric population. Why not give quality homestyle care instead, as certain online journalists have written, fancy but ghetto care? Such employees who have spoken up for residents of long term care and say a need for a resident to be in his/her own room with a sitter/activities person or CNA for parts of the day would be beneficial, but (because such resident is barred from his/her room for safety reasons) the concerned employee is not taken seriously. Such corporates are consistent 9 times out of 10 to keep staffing down.

To also add, there is not one thing wrong with competing with other communities/groups who oppose those who promote abstinence options for quality resources.

All the arguments in the world can not dump the concepts I propose (CCs, Create-It Courtship, Arts Projects). However, bad teachers can. Promoting an abstinence option, providing quality sex-ed workshops (that cover a broad range of reproductive health material and are directive toward youths respect for how they choose to learn to respect one another) requires the skill and attention of committed community chaperones. Parents and other community members are constantly in and out of the workshops in order to motivate and support. In other words, sex-ed does not have to be dependent on the state. Sex-ed can be taught in the community as well.

Focus on youths first through Arts based programs, where youths market their own programs to their peers and younger members of society, potentially reaching those who are kept from socializing. It is their community to build.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, sex-ed does not have to be dependent on the state. Sex-ed can be taught in the community as well.

The community is apart of the state.

After school, sports, a multitude of other extra curricular activities and social lives, do kids really have an extra hour to attend a church-based initiative to teach more sex ed?

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course sex ed is needed, but there is also the necessity of giving moral education with it.

Kids should be told, "Don't have sex until you are older and have a very serious relationship, etc. and you should make considerations of any personal religion or other moral codes you may have; it's a big step in your life."
[/quotes]

In general, I agree, though, depending how we define "kid," the "older" part might not be necessary

You honestly think that the emotional consequences of losing your virginity consensually an regretting it afterward is worse than the emotional consequences of being raped and not having any idea what is going on or what to do about it?

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did not mention a church-based initiative, although some I might commit to.

It is the promotion of Arts in courtship projects; those who try it out but prefer otherwise may indeed, after seeing the consistently in teaching and practice in true form and function of Origination and Appeal, recommend it down the line. The projects themselves are rigorous for CCs. The projects ulitmately compete with public school systems.

An option to be a part of a group that pulls together worldwide resources to promote a learning environment that builds upon contributing to other youths' development, without choosing to explore sexual relations until the age of 18 or marriage, is an option I address.

I briefly add between the ages of 14 and 17, sexual violence is as big a part of the workshop I have in mind as advanced A & P and POVs. One in three females are sexually assaulted. I am not sure what the stats are for males. I am also not sure what the stats are for uni-sex (lgbt) individuals.

It is an idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I briefly add between the ages of 14 and 17, sexual violence is as big a part of the workshop I have in mind as advanced A & P and POVs. One in three females are sexually assaulted. I am not sure what the stats are for males. I am also not sure what the stats are for uni-sex individuals.

Prior to the ages 14-17, a foundation is laid that explores both reproductive health (age specific) and the Arts in worldwide themes and lectures and then subjects are broken down to suit the youth. Human trafficking is introduced in every subject according to its relation.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Considering our motivation to operate SETI programs, Europa complexes, ai as soon to be one-on-one personal tutors and posthuman mindsets, all while carrying the feedline to the newest, and sometimes dangerous, diet of the month, I am puzzled as to why teaching youths about the art of courtship is a turn off.

I know this, for what I have in mind will break the bank. Mobs illegally traffic humans per demand. I raise the question to market interested individuals to teach the art of courtship per youths' collected interest is surely something everyday people can do? Pulling together bright minds to work passionately and swiftly for the empowerment of a few youths, to begin with, will take a perfect (researched) investment plan. It would be good to invest in all youths' potential in the same way Art/Tech programs are given. No more dead-end, part-time jobs during their growing years.

If anti-trafficking teams are working to prevent sex slavery at major social events like the superbowl, why not also invest in marketing concepts that prove communities put youths first?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sex-ed should not be regulated.

And herein lies the problem. Sorry to break it to you, but you do not own your children, nor does anyone own theirs, nor would I when I have kids. They are human beings, independent lives that deserve certain basic human rights and educational standards.

Sex-ed should very much be regulated, because there are people in this world who will tell their kids that sex is dirty and wrong, and that if they feel sexual urges they should oppress them. This leads to ignorance, more unwanted children and more sexually transmitted diseases.

Kids who are taught abstinence are more likely to catch sexually transmitted diseases, and the girls are more likely to get pregnant. Fact.

Surround it with all the pretty language you like, you're promoting a cult-ish indoctrination of children that is proven to lead to higher levels of disease and unwanted pregnancy.

Go on about "courting" all you want, but this isn't the 15th century, it's the 21st, and, newsflash, these days we like to get laid. And we can, without physical consequences, if only people like you would shut up.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, the amount of time that is invested in cultural progams takes decades. An option to teach the art of courtship for those who expect it takes one decade.

Ownship has nothing to do with it. The masses and the majority vote has nothing to do with it. There are youths who would like the option presented to them.

It is not a turn off to offer the option. The reward is learning from youths how they intend to carry out their overall option to act upon their own courtship plan. The youths teach the community what it is they can do, even if they are the minority.

In no way does providing the option to manage the art of courtship impose on those who opt out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0