'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trying to describe what I've read on this thread to my son. His comment, "Well, of course people who make fake pictures of the earth will forget to put in the stars, duh! That's just too much to keep track of!"
the reflection of thesun off the water as an issue was interesting to me.
"Hey Bob, we need some more totally fake pictures from that non existent spacecraft we got $100,000,000 for"
"Use these 3D renders our intern whipped up"
"Hey, he put some glare on the water like the sun is diffusely reflecting off of water. That is totally impossible for unstated reasons. Should we take 5 minutes to fix this totally fake 3D render?"
"What, you think we got photoshop money? No, just run with it and home some guy on the internet doesn't notice"
Rinse and repeat for every single photo from every space program worldwide.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God tells us we are living inside a firmament, and that the Sun and Moon are INSIDE the Firmament. Genesis 1:14-15

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

the heavens (the cosmos) is as a curtain. and the heavens - the stars, constellations, galaxies, planetary system is likened as a tent to dwell in.

In Revelation 6, the sixth seal, the cosmos (the second heaven) the curtain (likened to a scroll in Revelation 6 below) is going to be removed, which separates earth from (the third heaven) where God's throne is.

Revelation 6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Its curved because the map is curved, everything is more curved than it appears, on a flat earth disc map.

The earth is flat and stationary. I swear on Jesus name.
An earth eclipse of the moon is observable from earth. The curved shadow of the earth as it sweeps across the moon proves that the earth is round.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MaxR1996 said,
"The earth is flat and stationary. I swear on Jesus name."
Matthew chpt 5 The Lord Jesus said,

34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

MaxR you've got me wondering. I'm starting to lean towards thinking that your not so much a troll as a puppet, with maybe more than one person pulling the strings? If you are "genuine", well that would need a far longer post than I've got time for at the moment.
How about a few more rap songs?
><>

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trying to describe what I've read on this thread to my son. His comment, "Well, of course people who make fake pictures of the earth will forget to put in the stars, duh! That's just too much to keep track of!"

I personally think that "no stars" and "there is no north and south poles" comments that allegedly prove the frauds of nasa and other astronomical agencies, as a shallow response.

I like the skepticism.

but it simply does not stand up to true science.

mathmatically speaking we can prove at least a 3D universe. More probably something over 20 some odd, dimensions in the universe exist, with the majority of the dimensions being unobservable to the eye, and mainly seen in the math involved.

this is why quantum mechanics and astrophysics is a huge thing in science.

they deal with all these dimensions.

to say that we can't take a 3D picture is probably true.

but you can buy 3D camera's that take two pictures at different angles, and create a type of hologram picture.

I am sure such things exists.

but the idea of no stars, is a matter of resolution and shutter times or exposure.

not necessarily a catch all for fakes pictures.

and stating no north and south poles as a proof is error prone as well because, one could simply be taking a picture of the north pole only.

it is technically a partial picture of the earth.

and this is what the OP wants.

but to take a 360 degree picture is only available in time lapse dealing with 4D as I describe above.

unless one takes a picture of a panorama, then there it has the 360 degree exposure, for true 3D picture.

but without a video capability we are still short of 4D as the fourth dimension is time.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Correct.

The dome is solid.

The Sun, Moon, and Stars are just lights inside the dome.

Greater light and lesser light.

Genesis makes it explicitly clear that these lights exist INSIDE the firmament
Genesis 1:14-15

So you can't be a Bible believing Christian and not believe this.

I can. I rather enjoy being a Bible-believing Christian who also belives in science. It's a bit like eating chocolate custard, or listening to Russian military music; entirely too much fun.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you start going west in a straight line,and continued in that straight line WITHOUT deviation, would you not get back to your departure point from the west?
As I understand him, he thinks Antarctica is the outer edge of the world, where the dome comes to earth. That would make east-west a circular route, not a straight line. Something like this polar projected map:

Azimuthal%20stereographic.gif

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a model I made in Cinema 4d:

Its shows the major continents in the center, and Antarctica in the outer circle, with the sun and moon inside the firmament, following 2 seperate but similar paths.
OK - account for gravity with this model.
What keeps the sun, moon, and man-made satellites from falling straight down to earth?

In the spherical understanding, centrifugal force keeps them (moon, satellites) from falling to earth and the earth from falling into the sun.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm also wondering if anyone has actually come in contact (touched,bounced off of or spattered) with "the dome"
Sir Edmund Hillary never mentioned it .......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're not Christian if you don't believe the Word of God
What does misunderstanding or misapplying the Word of God make someone?

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I know..I'm also wondering if anyone has actually come in contact (touched,bounced off of or spattered) with "the dome"
I don't know, but Gabrielle Henriet, in her book Earth and Sky (pp. 25-6), thought that meteorites were fragments that had become detached from the firmament and had fallen to Earth - http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/library/books/Heaven and Earth (Gabrielle Henriet).pdf .

Perhaps people thought that the sky was a solid vault in the first place because they saw masses of stone and iron falling from the sky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can. I rather enjoy being a Bible-believing Christian who also belives in science. It's a bit like eating chocolate custard, or listening to Russian military music; entirely too much fun.

Theres no thing as "science", just truth or lies.

In this case science happens to be lying about the shape of our world.

Upvote 0