Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes you would get to the same point, that also works on flat earth.

How so? I said "in a STRAIGHT line WITHOUT deviation"
On a flat earth,the line would be circular..
Little experiment for you..draw a circle.Starting at the center,draw a straight line in any direction..It won't come back to the center.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I was under the impression that "the powers that be" are themselves convinced of the reality of evolution. .. I hadn't heard that they were secretly tricking us into believing in it, again, what would be the motive?

They do, but there are a lot of Creationists out there who think it is an atheist plot. http://www.darwinconspiracy.com/

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
For posting bible verses on a Christian website ?

Even Satan can argue from scripture:

“If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: He will give his angels charge of you” (Matthew 4:6

Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is a model I made in Cinema 4d:

158b9uh.jpg

Its shows the major continents in the center, and Antarctica in the outer circle, with the sun and moon inside the firmament, following 2 seperate but similar paths.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

158b9uh.jpg

Its shows the major continents in the center, and Antarctica in the outer circle, with the sun and moon inside the firmament, following 2 seperate but similar paths.
That model deosn't explain seasons, or night and day.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That model deosn't explain seasons, or night and day.

It explains both.

The Moon and Sun rotate around the earth, when the Sun is above it causes day, when the moon is above it causes night.

Seasons are simply caused by God, has nothing to do with the position of the Greater light and Lesser light

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My posting that has nothing to do with proving or disproving what you seem to be on some crusade about. You use the term firmament which is out of the book Genesis, so I guess you have a version of reality you are in the process of supporting which I have as much interest built up in me as a fleas capacity to for retaining flatulence about. Take a number along with the several hundred others who have something to prove.

I love beauty and that's why I posted it

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so." - Genesis 1:14-15

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

158b9uh.jpg

So where in that model does the Sun go DOWN as stated in Scripture?

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bible is not intended to be accurate to modern science/astronomy. The bible was also not written in a historical/cultural vaccum. The Ancient cosmology of the Bible isn't accurate. This poster shows the danger of seeing the bible as accurate in ALL types of truth (including science). It breeds ignorance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so." - Genesis 1:14-15
That's what I thought. You are stuck on something that was written and seem to think God has no capasity to improve on anything without informing us. Do you actually think we need to know every step and every detail of creation? Would we understand it, if he did? I think there is a part in the Book of Job where God dressed Job down for intruding too far in his affairs.

Getting back to creation I think it was the separation between the waters above and the waters below that allowed us to live as long as we did in those years directly following the expulsion from Eden. You will notice there is nothing about the longetity of man after the flood and I think that body of water is what filtered out the harmful rays of the sun and in taking that away because of our wickedness we began the life situation that we have today.

If God changed the world so many times without explaining these steps to us, then what makes you think that he didn't change the situation when he first formed the Earth?

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The bible is not intended to be accurate to modern science/astronomy. The bible was also not written in a historical/cultural vaccum. The Ancient cosmology of the Bible isn't accurate. This poster shows the danger of seeing the bible as accurate in ALL types of truth (including science). It breeds ignorance.
The timeline of The Bible is not one which man can navigate because we have no reference to what in the mind of a deity considers a day. especial when we regulate days by the mechanics of a Solar System which he created after his idea of time was already established.

I think the OP has the literal translation of The Bible in mind and refuses to accept anything that is not in there. I guess he thinks God should have put everything in The Bible, which would have become too great to have been ever read, let alone interpreted.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It explains both.

The Moon and Sun rotate around the earth, when the Sun is above it causes day, when the moon is above it causes night.

Seasons are simply caused by God, has nothing to do with the position of the Greater light and Lesser light
The model shows the sun is always above the earth.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Bible is the Word of God.

You're not Christian if you don't believe the Word of God

Upvote 0