AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you had searched hard enough,you would have found this..Link here..http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...iss-expedition40-14305478680_00d895014c_o.jpg
iss-expedition40-14305478680_00d895014c_o.jpg
I like this

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When people think "edge" they assume you can fall off.

Thats not what I mean, we are surrounded 360 degrees by the firmament, the outer "edge" where the dome connects to the ground, is in Antarctica 360 degrees around us.

The Un LOGO shows the world we live in. You could imagine the fern is Antarctica surrounding the inner continents.

Read this VERY carefully and tell me if it refers to a flat earth...especially the part about Argentina...or did that country geologically poof into existence when it joined the UN?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_Nations#History

Last edited:
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Max was asking for pictures of the Earth with stars in another thread..I posted that one there also.
Thank you. I read as much of the first page I could before my eyes glazed over. I just wanted to add a little more beauty to that heavenly post you provided. What a wonderful world we live in. Thank you for being who you are.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Poetic language.

I think the ancient Hebrews probably took this literally. The notion that the earth is flat and covered with a dome goes all the way back to ancient Sumer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anu#Sumerian_religion

But Paul seems to have the Ptolemaic system in mind when he speaks of going to the Third Heaven. Likewise the Qur'an has Jesus ascend to the Fourth Heaven.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. I read as much of the first page I could before my eyes glazed over. I just wanted to add a little more beauty to that heavenly post you provided. What a wonderful world we live in. Thank you for being who you are.

I like your's better too...both should be proof to flat earthers that we live on a global earth.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we live under a dome,why doesn't the ISS smack into it?
If you start going west in a straight line,and continued in that straight line WITHOUT deviation, would you not get back to your departure point from the west?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Max, do you have any idea why "the powers that be" would want to trick us into believing that the earth is a sphere? You may have already addressed this, I haven't read all 415 comments :•)

Hey, if you believe that the 'powers that be' have tricked us into believing evolution, is this so far-fetched? It is the same principle, isn't it?

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we live under a dome,why doesn't the ISS smack into it?
If you start going west in a straight line,and continued in that straight line WITHOUT deviation, would you not get back to your departure point from the west?

Yes you would get to the same point, that also works on flat earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, if you believe that the 'powers that be' have tricked us into believing evolution, is this so far-fetched? It is the same principle, isn't it?

I was under the impression that "the powers that be" are themselves convinced of the reality of evolution. .. I hadn't heard that they were secretly tricking us into believing in it, again, what would be the motive?

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is an edge. Like the edge of my living room floor connecting to the wall. The dome would be equivalent to that wall.

WHERE IS IT???? Show me a picture of that connection.

Yes the outer circular wall, its all around Antarctica, Antarctica is a circle surrounding the oceans and continents.

Upvote 0