CF upgrade 05 May 2008 Q-A

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Feel free to ask questions here. :)

Q&A over the Armory should be asked here.

- Mini FAQ -

Question: When will the upgrade take place? How long will it be down for?
Answer: Estimated downtime is from Sunday evening to Monday evening, this is all estimated, things can go wrong!

Question: Will my blessings or reputations be lost?
Answer: No

Question: Will reps still be private?
Answer: Yes

Question: Will I lose all my PMs?
Answer: Very well possible. I'd suggest downloading all the ones that are important to you.

Question: What will profiles look like?
Answer: See post #10

Question: Will we lose our pets?
Answer: The pet system is not nailed down yet, when we have information we will release it. Please put your pet in daycare if you are worried about them not being fed.

Question: Will we lose our blogs?

Question: Will we lose our guestbook?

Question: Will my post count be effected?

mnphysicist

May 11, 2005
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
The tech guys are telling me, it should be a one time deal when we changeover. Of course, there are always unknowns and other bug fixes, but generally those are the types of things that can occur in the background. This upgrade otoh, is a complete rewrite of pretty much everything top to bottom.

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0
C

cfFosterANGEL31

The tech guys are telling me, it should be a one time deal when we changeover. Of course, there are always unknowns and other bug fixes, but generally those are the types of things that can occur in the background. This upgrade otoh, is a complete rewrite of pretty much everything top to bottom.
thank you for this , but does that mean a day or two? So I guess we should REALLY feed our pets!! Thanks so much

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

May 11, 2005
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
12 hours is the time frame I was given.... but thats mostly technical. Then we have set up and configuration issues. I really think we will be back alive come Monday evening... but am confident stating Tuesday.

We do have CF2 running right now on another server, and its stable. The tech guys also have made a few dry runs of the migration, and that too seems to work out pretty well.

Upvote 0

Agent101

*formerly know as jesusgirl101
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
coolness. and maybe you could open a thread for questions about the new setup once the upgrade is completed?

and you could tell us how to make backgrounds and add stuff to our profiles. :)

thanks! have fun with the "techie" stuff. ;)
~"Amy"~

Upvote 0
C

cfFosterANGEL31

12 hours is the time frame I was given.... but thats mostly technical. Then we have set up and configuration issues. I really think we will be back alive come Monday evening... but am confident stating Tuesday.

We do have CF2 running right now on another server, and its stable. The tech guys also have made a few dry runs of the migration, and that too seems to work out pretty well.

again thank you soooo much, we will be praying for a smooth set up and for all the techs..
thanks

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

May 11, 2005
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
coolness. and maybe you could open a thread for questions about the new setup once the upgrade is completed?

and you could tell us how to make backgrounds and add stuff to our profiles. :)

thanks! have fun with the "techie" stuff. ;)
~"Amy"~

Yep, we'll have a number of threads to help folks with the changes, as there are a lot of them.

Here is a profile on CF2

Attachments

• nic1.JPG
    nic1.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NutCase

Apr 30, 2005
✟6,620.00
Faith
Oneness
Politics
US-Green
thanks for starting this thread...my question is, how is this going to affect our CF homepages?

ok so i just read your other announcement, and it did mention profiles. but i still don't quite understand... if we have pictures and stuff on our html section now, will those be lost? i mean will everything basically be reset to a clean slate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.