✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
The most I post on here, the more I feel like I need to go to seminary o_O... I'm the type of person that would like doing that "just because" if I had enough money... even though I don't feel called to be a preacher.

The main thing I have to offer is biblical knowledge... that and discernment are the main ways I can help on here... Scripture or sections of scripture will sort of jump into my head sometimes, but other than that I just don't think I have the knowlege to write some kind of sermon.

Also... at this point I do not have time to study for a sermon.

Also... Is there a "exploring Christianity" section or someting?... Where did you lead these 5 people to Christ at?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Veteran_Gymnast said:
Also... at this point I do not have time to study for a sermon.

Also... Is there a "exploring Christianity" section or someting?... Where did you lead these 5 people to Christ at?
That's fine. It's finals week, but I can squeeze in a sermon :)

Outreach Forum. I have also helped some people who were leaving Christianity, but came back.

Upvote 0

dastangman

Life of the Party
Jul 20, 2004
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Bonjour, I feel so important, almost politiciany, and like I'm part of this organization, haha I guess I am, I remember a time when me and my friends would appoint people leaders of our little "agencies". I was always the spy.

Anyway that's getting a little off, well I started this thing, I seen it in a movie called pay it forward, and basically you do one thing for another person, and the only catch is they have to do something for another person, I believe it was 1 guy helped 3 guys, who each helped three more, it all started with a man who gave away a car free of charge, except that the reciever had to help 3 people in any way. And each of those helped 3 more, I'm sure ur catching on now, so that's what I'm doing, telling 3 people (trying to get more slowly, but it takes awhile to get blessings and items ready to send that are meaningful and that they don't already have...anyway so then I give them a little "love speech" about how jesus loves them, and about how i care for them too, without even having to know them and that im praying for them, then i give them an item with only one string attached, if they choose, and that is, they must tell others the same message with or without a blessing or item, and that each of them must tell more and those tell more and etc..it's the fastest way that I've seen to reach tons of people, that's how those online email petitions work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
dastangman said:
Bonjour, I feel so important, almost politiciany, and like I'm part of this organization, haha I guess I am, I remember a time when me and my friends would appoint people leaders of our little "agencies". I was always the spy.

Anyway that's getting a little off, well I started this thing, I seen it in a movie called pay it forward, and basically you do one thing for another person, and the only catch is they have to do something for another person, I believe it was 1 guy helped 3 guys, who each helped three more, it all started with a man who gave away a car free of charge, except that the reciever had to help 3 people in any way. And each of those helped 3 more, I'm sure ur catching on now, so that's what I'm doing, telling 3 people (trying to get more slowly, but it takes awhile to get blessings and items ready to send that are meaningful and that they don't already have...anyway so then I give them a little "love speech" about how jesus loves them, and about how i care for them too, without even having to know them and that im praying for them, then i give them an item with only one string attached, if they choose, and that is, they must tell others the same message with or without a blessing or item, and that each of them must tell more and those tell more and etc..it's the fastest way that I've seen to reach tons of people, that's how those online email petitions work.
Hmm. We could start some "Pass on the Blessing and the Message" thing, with the message being about love. I like the "Pay it Forward" Idea.

Upvote 0

dastangman

Life of the Party
Jul 20, 2004
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
yeah, but they obviously reach tons of people, i don't know if they matter, but you always see tons of names, and im sure that people do forward them...i put them in my junk email too, i don't think they do much good unless it's one specific list, otherwise its just tons of little parts, oh well, anyways, i guess im off track from the whole subject here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dastangman

Life of the Party
Jul 20, 2004
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
I found a random repuation thread, people just give out random reps, im trying to make it so it's not so random there, so that people have to give out a nice comment along with their reps, support, motivation, kind words, common interest, "i like ur name", "like ur avatar" just something so it's not here's a free repuation, but kind words to go along with them.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
BInC said:
I'll look for it and we can see if it will help.
Ok :)

You can post it of course, we just have to make sure it acceptable in GT for one, and that it will impact others without being spoken (as it's always harder to teach online, most people won't read it unless you make it small and sub divide it a lot)

Upvote 0

BInC

Brother In Christ
Sep 2, 2003
Southeast Kansas (middle of nowhere)
Visit site
✟8,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright, got it. These are the basic notes. As I gave the sermon, some new things would pop into my head as I went along, just kinds whatever I felt God wanted me to say. But here was my original outline.

Love

-3 Parts to my sermon – What Love is, Why you need Love, How to get Love

I. What Love is

-1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 gives the most specific definition of love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

-Pretty clear through this point. Verses 8-12 go into more depth.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

-This passage tells of how most abilities that many people consider important will eventually pass away. Prophecies, tongues, and knowledge are a few examples.

-Two analogies of spiritual progress or growth, of how when perfection comes, imperfection disappears.

-analogy of child – when you mature spiritually, the “childish” spiritual qualities that you have will go away, to be replaced by “adult” ones

-analogy of the mirror – now all we see of the world we live in is a “poor reflection” (imagine trying to see what a tree looks like by its reflection in a lake on a day that the wind is making big ripples in the water), with God’s help we can see things “face to face”, exactly how they are

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-This passage tells us that when you remove all the things that will eventually pass away, the “childish” spiritual qualities, you will be left with three “mature” spiritual qualities – faith, hope, and love, the greatest of the three being love. When we put down the poor mirror and look at life face to face, we find love.

II. Why we need Love

-bible says If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

-We know from Duet. 27:26 that cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of Law

-we cant do it, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

-we are cursed if we try to follow the law, for the wages of sin is death.

-Romans 7:14 – We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold a as slave to sin.

-not condemned directly by the law, but by our sinful nature

-Romans 7:25 - … So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

-Because we cannot follow the law, we sin, and become slaves to sin

-Now we see the problem – if we don’t follow God’s law, we are cursed and condemned. But by trying to follow God’s law, we sin and earn death. We need a solution.

III. How to get Love

-As you might have guessed, the solution is Love. 1 John 4:9 – This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

-So how does that help? Romans 8:2-4 – because through Jesus Christ the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned the sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

-So because Jesus came as a sacrifice, we do not need to meet the requirements of the law as long as we live according to the Spirit. To live by the Spirit we must accept God’s love for his, his sacrifice for us – Jesus.

-When we accept God’s love, we bring his love into us.

-Two things happen when God’s love is inside us.

-First, we want to show everyone else God’s love – like when your dad gave you a really cool toy and you wanted to show it to all your friends and share it with them. God’s love is something so cool that you won’t be able to resist showing it to everyone else.

-Second, we will want to make God happy – like when you love a friend or your spouse. You don’t do things because you have to, but because you want to make them happy. Conveniently, we have an entire book about how to make God happy.

-we follow God’s law not because we can do everything it says, not because we have to, but because we love him and want to make him happy. What better way to make him happy than doing these things that he wants us do to.

-love comes first, a desire to follow God’s law come with love for Him.
I don't know if that is the direction you want to go with this, but it still has several good verses. Most of those verses also come from entire passages that talk about love, so if you look them up there might be more usefull stuff in the area around them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.