CF Singles Mario Kart Tournament!! (and other games)

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's been interest in a Mario Kart tournament, and I think it's an AWESOME idea, so I wanted to make a semi official thread for it. :)

Edit: We're on for Sunday afternoon/evening, depending on your time zone. Come join us!!! You know you want to. :)

Here's the list of Wii codes posted so far (I'll update them here as they're posted):

Mario Kart
Thunder Peel: 0774-4658-0578
Sapphyre: 0774-5391-2832

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Thunder Peel: 1461-5872-6425
Sapphyre: 4897-5723-8152

Last edited:

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to rob a pawn shop and get a wii. But if I did.... I'd rock this! :D

Hahaha well I can't condone robbery on this forum, so I'll just say I wish you could join us! ;)

Sounds like fun!

Is a Wii necessary, or is there another way to play?

For Mario Kart you need a Wii. But! There are lots of other games out there for other systems and PC/Mac. I'm willing to bet more than one person here has a Steam account. :)

Upvote 0

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, as far as other games go, I'm also down with playing Super Smash Bros on Wii (4897-5723-8152) and Portal 2 on Steam.

Oh! And as soon as I can get back into my PSN account - I have Blur and Little Big Planet. I hear Sony is going to give free game credits to everyone once they've got themselves a little more together, and that one of the eligible games is LBP. Just sayin'. :)

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, as far as other games go, I'm also down with playing Super Smash Bros on Wii (4897-5723-8152) and Portal 2 on Steam.

Oh! And as soon as I can get back into my PSN account - I have Blur and Little Big Planet. I hear Sony is going to give free game credits to everyone once they've got themselves a little more together, and that one of the eligible games is LBP. Just sayin'. :)

At some point I want to play super smash bros with you!!! I looooooooooove that game... although nothin will ever top melee, the one for gamecube haha. I never got used to this new one.

Anyways, I don't know how to play against other people on the wii. Where do you get those crazy numbers from?

Upvote 0

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At some point I want to play super smash bros with you!!! I looooooooooove that game... although nothin will ever top melee, the one for gamecube haha. I never got used to this new one.

Anyways, I don't know how to play against other people on the wii. Where do you get those crazy numbers from?

Yay! And yes, the GC one will forever hold a special place in my heart. I miss playing as Roy! (and no, Ike is NOT the same thankyouverymuch.)

On the Wii you have to get your code from each game (annoying I know) instead of just a friend code or name for the whole system. Basically in whatever game it is, find the Wi-Fi section and poke around until you find it.

In SSBB, go into the WiFi section on the main menu and then go to Friend Roster. Your code should be at the top. :)

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There's been interest in a Mario Kart tournament, and I think it's an AWESOME idea, so I wanted to make a semi official thread for it. :)

Who wants to play sometime this weekend? I'm sure it's going to take a little effort to coordinate a time that works for everyone, but I know we can do it! Feel free to post here or PM me about it - and please include your time zone when doing so.

Here's the list of potentially interested people that I have so far - if I missed you or you want to get added just post!

Shadolus
Thunder_Peel
Gym
Tamara224
Revived
Sapphyre: 0774-5391-2832

I'll update this post with codes as you guys post them too so they're all in one place. :)

Also - if you have any other online games post those codes/usernames/whatever too!

I want to play SOOO BADDDD!

But I don't have a Wii or any gaming-type equipment that will allow me to play.

:sad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah no rush with the codes, guys - I just got excited haha. :)

RoseHannah, a lot of newer games connect to Steam, which is a free service that integrates chat and multiplayer into games that can be played online. Some games use their own servers instead. It all really depends on the game! If you have or get any that you like to play, see if they have online capabilities. :)

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
RoseHannah, a lot of newer games connect to Steam, which is a free service that integrates chat and multiplayer into games that can be played online. Some games use their own servers instead. It all really depends on the game! If you have or get any that you like to play, see if they have online capabilities. :)

Ah! Thanks!

But if I make a steam account, what do I do after that? I'm so confused! I need help! Lol! :sorry:

:mmh: It has been a LONG time since my gaming and MMORPG days. And this is quite different!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, here are my friend codes for the two Wii games:

Mario Kart: 0774-4658-0578

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 1461-5872-6425

Also, my PSN username is U2_Vertigo40 in case anyone wants to add me. I mainly play Uncharted 2 but I also play Ghostbusters and Quantum of Solace from time to time too. It would be amazing to have CFers to play co-op with!

Upvote 0

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟20,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
x) Yay! I'll add your MK # to the first post.

My PSN is Dolfinz524 if anyone's interested who hasn't already added me. One day Sony will get themselves together and have the network and the password reset system up all at the same time and I'll be able to log in again. :)

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I would love to join in but my wii's at my brothers house :(

I enjoyed playing MKwii with friends but it lacked the whole competative side, seemed too 'dumbed down'. It's like Brawl compared to Melee. How many people played Mario Kart DS? I hate to sound cocky but I'm kind of a big deal. I don't think I ever had a world record but if I did this run a week earlier it would have been. YouTube - ‪KS' RR sc's 35.851‬‏

My old MKWii WR's aren't too impessive now since they were like, 3 years ago, anyone could probably beat them now, but at the time they were pretty impressive.

mkw2.jpg

jhfkj.jpg

You guys gotta tell us all who wins! :D

Upvote 0