Nov 1, 2004
✟8,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Arwen Undomiel said:
^So true.

I just returned from the polls where I cast my vote for George W. Bush. And I am not ashamed about it one bit, as people have actually told me I should be. Oh, and I kicked the Kerry sign on my way back to my car. Okay, so no one was looking, but it made me feel better. :)
You shouldn't be ashamed for your vote, but kicking the sign? That was quite childish. Have some self-control.

I've come across signs with the "one man + one woman = family" design on them and find them utterly disgusting and degrading to families not exactly like the ones pictured, but I retain my composure and don't kick them, even when I've wanted to. You are free to believe as you wish just as whoever put that sign up is free to do as they wish, but you thought your disagreement would trump their right.

People in this world need to have some respect for others and let their actions show it. Politics in this country have been handed to the liars and cheaters, at least the constituents should keep from going to their level. As soon as I'm done with college I'm on my way to Canada.:help:

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
toxiciridescence said:
You shouldn't be ashamed for your vote, but kicking the sign? That was quite childish. Have some self-control.

I've come across signs with the "one man + one woman = family" design on them and find them utterly disgusting and degrading to families not exactly like the ones pictured, but I retain my composure and don't kick them, even when I've wanted to. You are free to believe as you wish just as whoever put that sign up is free to do as they wish, but you thought your disagreement would trump their right.

People in this world need to have some respect for others and let their actions show it. Politics in this country have been handed to the liars and cheaters, at least the constituents should keep from going to their level. As soon as I'm done with college I'm on my way to Canada.:help:

this probably has a thread of it's own, i've not checked yet :) but i reckon it's better to kick a sign than a human

oh, and i voted for Bush since i managed to not be disenfranchised this election cycle :)

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
MoonlessNight said:
I voted a while back via absentee ballot. Went with Badnarik (of course) since I honestly can't see enough of a difference between Bush and Kerry that I would feel justified in supporting one or the other. Plus when I voted Badnarik had just gotten arrested, that pretty much sealed the deal.
:thumbsup:

I'm Not old enough to vote, but I'd probably do the same thing.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Fineous_Reese said:
this probably has a thread of it's own, i've not checked yet :) but i reckon it's better to kick a sign than a human

oh, and i voted for Bush since i managed to not be disenfranchised this election cycle :)

Inigo Montoya!! :hug:

Wow, I can't believe that was a PROFESSOR that kicked the person, too??? How very mature. :scratch:

The kicking of signs I could care less about, since the campaign is coming to a close, anyway. Here in Wisconsin, there was a picture a few weeks ago in the paper of a Kerry sign in the yard, that had a cardboard "disclaimer" taped to the top of it. It read something like: "Please excuse my husband, he does not speak for the entire household". ^_^

Upvote 0
A

aeroz19

BradC314 said:
Wow, you'd think on a forum like this that a man who professes his faith and says that he is born again, who has known born again believers in his cabinet, who openly says that he is following his faith; a man that claims that prayer is a major factor in his life, would receive a warmer welcome from fellow Christians in a place like christianforums.com. But instead, we see the same bitter name-calling that is so prevelant in other secular forums on the Internet.

So sad, really.
We aren't unintelligent enough to blindly follow anyone, regardless of his or her faith.

My friend says she is voting for Bush because he is a Christian and God-Chosen and blah blah blah, worship Bush! But she also thinks Republicans are the Party of God and Democrats are of the Devil. So, that should explain a lot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? said:
Today was the first time that I have ever voted... ever! And I voted for John F. Kerry!:clap:

See now every time I see his name written "John F. Kerry" I read it as Kennedy (dunno why) so I was about to suggest that you must have been given a very old ballot :)

I was pleased I saw statements from both Candidates on the news saying something to the effect of "it's just important that people vote" although Bush's one seemed to still feel a little political as it ended with something like "and make the right choice to keep the nation safe" whereas Kerrys was quite Neutral and didn't allude to talking points - but that's just one statement from each candidate, and I imagine they've been making them in every interview for every TV station all day...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sycophant said:
See now every time I see his name written "John F. Kerry" I read it as Kennedy (dunno why) so I was about to suggest that you must have been given a very old ballot :)
That's because when we read, our brain looks at the word as a whole and not each letter individually. You see the K and the Y, and perhaps those two R's that sorta look like N's, and there you have it. Fascinating, I know. ;)

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jazzbird said:
That's because when we read, our brain looks at the word as a whole and not each letter individually. You see the K and the Y, and perhaps those two R's that sorta look like N's, and there you have it. Fascinating, I know. ;)

--Veering Wildly Off Topic--

Yeah, it is - I did actually know that... I've seen some very interesting tests to prove it as well.

I believe there was a study about a year ago on it - as long as the first and last letters are right, you can match words by context when all the letters in the middle are mixed up, or in this case not even right.

In context of presidents, or presidential candidates I guess, I see John F. and then something beginning with K and ending with Y and in context I assume Kennedy. It's also to do with the fact that JFK is almost always referred to as John F. Kennedy not John Kennedy. Whereas it's the other way around with Kerry, he's mostly John Kerry, but occasionally his middle initial comes into play.

It's basically pattern matching for the brain. And is apparently very very advanced and efficent.

-- Sorry about that diversion --

Upvote 0