✟17,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^So true.

I just returned from the polls where I cast my vote for George W. Bush. And I am not ashamed about it one bit, as people have actually told me I should be. Oh, and I kicked the Kerry sign on my way back to my car. Okay, so no one was looking, but it made me feel better. :)

Upvote 0

starchild

Even the least of these my brethren.
Oct 19, 2004
✟18,246.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Democrat
Arwen Undomiel said:
^So true.

I just returned from the polls where I cast my vote for George W. Bush. And I am not ashamed about it one bit, as people have actually told me I should be. Oh, and I kicked the Kerry sign on my way back to my car. Okay, so no one was looking, but it made me feel better. :)
Of course you shouldn't be ashamed. Geesh. And whoever said that to you should be ashamed.

Of course, so should the people who have called the people voting for Kerry "un-Christian" and a zillion other things.

Some people are stupid. You learn that if they throw out such judgemental drivel, you get to discount every freaking every other thing they say. It makes reading emails go every so much faster.

(Not to be applied at your place of business...)

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I voted first thing this morning & a few people waiting in line began to "chat". No one was discussing their choices & smartly so. However, everyone agreed that we all hope there is a CLEAR winner TONIGHT, either way. I also think that the fact that my "polling place" is a CHURCH, was interesting??? hee-hee! Perhaps being in a place of sacred worship made some "re-think" their vote? Hey, I can hope..... ;)

Sorry, I can't stay silent: for those who argued their reasoning for voting for Kerry as being "Christian"? All I can say is that the majority of devout, born-again, spirit-filled Christians in this country (and all around the world) disagree with that notion.......Iraq war, or no Iraq war. Why? For the mere fact that Kerry takes a GIGANTIC stand against ALL pro-life issues: banning partial birth abortion, voting against Lacy & Connor's Law, advocating the destruction of future, viable human embryos for "diabolical" experimentation, and finally: supporting the "constitutional"(?) upcoming murder of Terry Schiavo in Florida. All because the "secular" reasonings have become more socially acceptable than moral reasons.

For anyone who lives Christ, the sanctity of INNOCENT human life should be your first concern, period, IMO. For final consideration, there is even a gay/lesbian organization that puts "pro-life" issues far above gay marriage: plagal.org. Also, feministsforlife, and so on & so on......

Ok, I'm done now. ;)

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SuzQ said:
Dubya. I could be like others and throw it back that he's simply not Kerry. ^_^ But, I won't. I've become a huge fan of Dubya the last few years. (Pssst! This is from a gal who voted for Gore last time, too! ha-ha!)

"Four More Years!" (hopefully?) :D
SuzQ, I am with you. I was not a big fan of President Bush before 9/11. He has won me over. (this from a former GreenPeacer and still quite the treehugger) :)

Four more years :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 11, 2003
California
Visit site
✟1,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I voted for bush....and as long as he can stay in office i will always vote for bush.... when i first started voting when i turned 18 my dad always told me ... no matter what.. vote morals not parties or if we hate one canidate more than the other.... but morals..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
iimefsgt said:
If it isn't obvious which candidate a Christian should choose, then we've obviously "missed the mark". Jesus said there were two commandments that were core to our faith. To love God without boundary and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Is it any wonder that we can't reach the unsaved? The church, once again, is split.

How is bombing the heck out of people loving our neighbors?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I voted a while back via absentee ballot. Went with Badnarik (of course) since I honestly can't see enough of a difference between Bush and Kerry that I would feel justified in supporting one or the other. Plus when I voted Badnarik had just gotten arrested, that pretty much sealed the deal.

Upvote 0