Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can't vote, and even if I could, it won't affect the Californian results. The only reason I would vote if I could vote is to bump up the number of young Asian-Americans voting, contributing ever so slightly to our presence and the possibility we'd actually be noticed in the future as a substantial voting bloc.

Upvote 0
A

aeroz19

Reader Nilus said:
John Kerry And John Edwards
Reader Nilus
My, my, you're excited. But so am I.

However, because I am not enthusiastic about any of the candidates, I will not shout out my vote in loud letters. I voted for Bush as the slightly-lesser of two evils. My decision was made based on national security and taxes, mostly.

Upvote 0

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I voted for Kerry mainly because I don't trust Bush. IMO, he lied about the reasons to go into Iraq (let's not start a debate here, I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours).

I am against abortion for the purposes of birth control. But I am not going to vote for Bush because he is pro life. Think about it... at the third debate, Bush said he was NOT going to use a lithmus test for his judicial nominees. He said he would use persons who would interpret the law objectively. Therefore this sets up 2 situations that are possible: 1. Bush will keep his word and the Supreme Court will not become more conservative than it is now... the Supreme Court as it stands is conservative, so if it doesn't become MORE conservative, the chances of Roe vs. Wade being overturned are less. 2. Bush lies about the lithmus test and appoints judicial nominees for the purpose of overturning Roe vs. Wade. It is overturned and the abortion decisions go back to the states. oVerturning this case will not outlaw abortion... it will simply put the decision back to the individual states.

So the situation becomes that a vote for Bush is either NOT a pro life vote, or it is and Bush is a liar. Hmmm... that's why as a Christian, I am not obligated to vote for Bush.

Upvote 0

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mϋzikdϋde said:
Are these two guys really the BEST our country has to offer?

Maybe it just takes a moron to actually want the job.
Well, there is always the chance that Carrot Top will win by write in vote.

Upvote 0

BradC314

Jun 25, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow, you'd think on a forum like this that a man who professes his faith and says that he is born again, who has known born again believers in his cabinet, who openly says that he is following his faith; a man that claims that prayer is a major factor in his life, would receive a warmer welcome from fellow Christians in a place like christianforums.com. But instead, we see the same bitter name-calling that is so prevelant in other secular forums on the Internet.

So sad, really.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BradC314 said:
Wow, you'd think on a forum like this that a man who professes his faith and says that he is born again, who has known born again believers in his cabinet, who openly says that he is following his faith; a man that claims that prayer is a major factor in his life, would receive a warmer welcome from fellow Christians in a place like christianforums.com. But instead, we see the same bitter name-calling that is so prevelant in other secular forums on the Internet.

So sad, really.

Well, I guess actions speak louder than words. I think he's a likeable guy, and he appears to be sincere in his faith, but I don't think he's made the best decisions, and I really question a lot of his motives. I'm not making any judgements about his spiritual life, only about his actions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Playerslight77 said:
I read both of his posts, and I still don't know who he wants people to vote for. It sounds like Kerry, but I could be wrong. I would say that the 'mark' has been missed :)

Yeah, you're right. Very bad of me for jumping conclusions. Usually if someone says that there is only one candidate a Christian should vote for in good conscience, I assume they are talking about Bush, but I could very well be wrong.

Upvote 0