Visit site
✟191,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That phrase is not a "Jesus is the son of God" assertion, that phrase is a "Jesus is God" assertion.

The Koran does not deny the New Testament verses of Jesus asserting that He is the Son of God the Father--the Koran does no deny what Jesus is specifically quoted as saying about Himself. The Koran does directly deny what "the Christians say" about Jesus.

That's why if one is speaking to a Muslim, the best tactic is to quote the New Testament directly, and not proof-text, but read the passages of the entire scene so Jesus' words about Himself are given in context.

Don't try to use a "Christians believe" tactic--go straight with scripture.

So again, please provide the verse from the Koran which states that Jesus is the Son of God.

This is the 3rd time I ask.

Jim

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,488,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So again, please provide the verse from the Koran which states that Jesus is the Son of God.

This is the 3rd time I ask.

Jim

You're not getting what I'm saying. You're making a proof text argument-which is something modern Fundies and atheists do, and surprising coming from a Catholic.

I'm talking about evangelizing to Muslims and countering their objections. The Koran does not deny anything quoted by Jesus in the NT, and what it does not deny a Muslim can accept if done from scripture.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're not getting what I'm saying. You're making a proof text argument-which is something modern Fundies and atheists do, and surprising coming from a Catholic.

I'm talking about evangelizing to Muslims and countering their objections. The Koran does not deny anything quoted by Jesus in the NT, and what it does not deny a Muslim can accept if done from scripture.

Earlier you posted
According to the Koran, Jesus is the Son of God and is the Messiah.

I said this goes against what Muslims I've spoken with have said.

But it appears you're not going to provide the verses from the Koran that states Jesus is the Son of God, as the New Testament states.

True, the Koran doesn't contradict the NT about Jesus, but from what I've been told, it merely says that Jesus was a prophet.

Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess I can explain the difference of how Arab Christians and Muslims view God is like the way Catholics view Mary, and how Protestants view her, but multibly that by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000...000. Muslims' knowloge of the one true God is merly a Shadow of how we Christians know him. Jesus revealed God to us in the Holy Trinity. And made US his chosen poeple. Muslims merly follow him as a master. They are his slaves. They obey him to martyrdom, like us Christians, only our definetion of Martyrdom and theirs is exactly the opposite. Of course even Jews know God better than Muslims. So basicly Muslims think that they really believe in the one true God. But they only know his name! ALLAH!! They know nothing about him and his commandments, teachings, laws, Kingdom, etc.

Well, first you would need to have an accurate understanding of Islam. It is true that being a "slave of God" is considered virtuous. But Allah is also known as Ar-Rahman, which means "The Merciful." It is also said that Allah has written on His throne: "My Mercy Precedes My Wrath." It is also taught in a hadith that Allah let a prostitute, who lived a life of general dissipation, into Paradise because she took in a stray dog out of pity. IOW, perhaps there is more to Islam than you are aware of.

It is true that Islam does not acknowledge the Trinity. That is because it teaches the Unity of God (Tawhid). The Jewish Shema (from the Old Testament) says: "Hear O Israel, thy Lord is but One God." And that seems to resemble the Islamic view of Tawhid. And we Christians view the Trinity as One God.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I find the arguments against Arabic Speaking Christians using the word Allah, for God, as rediculous as trying to argue against French speaking people using the word Dieu, for God.

Allah is the word for God. How one believes in Allah makes the difference between Jews, Christians and Muslims.

...and it only took 5 pages of needless arguing for a bout of common sense to appear.

Upvote 0

StRestlessHeart333

Chaldean Catholic
Jul 23, 2014
✟15,513.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, first you would need to have an accurate understanding of Islam. It is true that being a "slave of God" is considered virtuous. But Allah is also known as Ar-Rahman, which means "The Merciful." It is also said that Allah has written on His throne: "My Mercy Precedes My Wrath." It is also taught in a hadith that Allah let a prostitute, who lived a life of general dissipation, into Paradise because she took in a stray dog out of pity. IOW, perhaps there is more to Islam than you are aware of.

It is true that Islam does not acknowledge the Trinity. That is because it teaches the Unity of God (Tawhid). The Jewish Shema (from the Old Testament) says: "Hear O Israel, thy Lord is but One God." And that seems to resemble the Islamic view of Tawhid. And we Christians view the Trinity as One God.

I think you have misunderstood me for hating or attacking Muslims. I'm defending the use of the Word Allah by Christians only. I lived with muslims all my life. I have Muslim friends. I know how they believe in God. I sat in class in school while listening to my teachers calling Christians Blasphemers while being unable to utter a word about it! I am not attacking them as people, I know many Muslims who would reject what their holy book says about killing Christians and Jews. They say that it's the old ways and that modern Muslims shouldn't take those verses Literally cuz that was just for the old ways. And I respect those people. But that does not mean I would admit that their religion is true and that M was truly a prophet. Just like my Muslim friends love me and respect me though in their hearts they think I'm going to hell for worshiping Jesus, and let me know of their disapproval yet not interfering at all with my believe.

We have so many similarities yet that does not make their religion is true. They believe Jesus was a prophet. He didn't die. He was assumed to heaven. He will come again on judgment day with two other prophets, one of them is their prophet. They don't believe he was crucified, died and then rose from the dead. Some Muslims love Mary to the point of praying for her (not all of them though). They love Abraham. They follow his son Ishmael as I'm sure you know. They believe that Moses was a prophet sent to the Jews but they know nothing of God's Commandments. They don't believe we were created in the image of God. They know John The Baptist is a prophet yet they call him Yeheya, while Arab Christians call him Yohana, they know that there are followers of John (Sabea or Soba) have a true religion from God. We Christians don't believe that of course cuz we know John was sent to prepare people for Jesus. And Soba don't even believe in Jesus as a prophet or anything but a lier.
Many other prophets, stories, laws etc manly from the Old Testament. So there religion is only a twisted story of the REAL STORY. The Real Story and truth of God that Christians know and believe in.

Anyways I was defending God's name in Arabic cuz many Westerns hate Allah and that is very wrong, I apologized if I made it sound as an attack.

God bless :)

Upvote 0