Catholic Defenses - Issue 1 - Praying to Mary

Read it ALL, compare it to the Bible and if you still cannot see the problem then I have nothing left to do except pray for you.

http://www.catholic.net/RCC/Catechism/Doit.html

Don't forget to read the part about how it's OK to pray for the dead and how we have purgatory (because Christ's death wasn't good enough) and read about all the rituals and ceremonies that we must do (because Christ's death wasn't good enough.) And what about this holy father thing. The only holy father I have is God! The pope is no better than me or you or the bum in the street and he is no holy father of mine. I was in catholic school for 5 years and not once did anyone ask me if I knew or wanted to accept Jesus. It was all about what the "church" said not what the bible said. In the catechism it basically says if you are not catholic you will go to hell. Jesus said if I believe in Him and receive Him into my heart I will have eternal life. I choose to believe Jesus.

Co-Redemptrix? Read the definition below:

re•deem \ri-"dem\ vb [ME redemen, modif. of MF redimer, fr. L redimere, fr. re-, red- re- + emere to take, buy] 1 : to recover (property) by discharging an obligation 2 : to ransom, free, or rescue by paying a price 3 : to free from the consequences of sin 4 : to remove the obligation of by payment <the government ~s savings bonds>; also : to convert into something of value 5 : to make good (a promise) by performing : fulfill 6 : to atone for — re•deem•able adj — re•deem•er n
(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Mary did not have ANY part in my salvation. How dare anyone defile the name of Jesus by placing a mere human on the same level as Him. You can try to defend this with semantics all day long but the bottom line is that it is a bunch of junk.

I do feel very passionately about this. I am sorry if my manner has offended anyone but I will not apologize for my message, it is the truth.

This will be my final post on the issue. But I will leave you with this:

REV 17:1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."
17:3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 This title was written on her forehead:

MYSTERY
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

REV 17:6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.

Many believe the woman talked about in this passage represents the catholic church.

I will keep you all in prayer.

In His Service,

Sandy

Note: Any disagreements should be addressed through your e-mail or private message option. Do not air them in public. Therefore, your statement of disagreement has been removed (by MizDoulos on 2 September 2002).

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Devotion to Mary is very scriptural. "All generations shall call me blessed." Who but Catholics call Mary "Blessed"?
And as an aside: Sola Scriptura is found no where in Scripture.

But really folks- Lets unite at the cross of Christ. That is where Mary stood with John and that is where Catholics and nonCatholics can meet in homage to God.

In Christ: Patrick

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by ServantOfTheLord
Read it ALL, compare it to the Bible and if you still cannot see the problem then I have nothing left to do except pray for you.

http://www.catholic.net/RCC/Catechism/Doit.html

Don't forget to read the part about how it's OK to pray for the dead and how we have purgatory (because Christ's death wasn't good enough) and read about all the rituals and ceremonies that we must do (because Christ's death wasn't good enough.) And what about this holy father thing. The only holy father I have is God! The pope is no better than me or you or the bum in the street and he is no holy father of mine. I was in catholic school for 5 years and not once did anyone ask me if I knew or wanted to accept Jesus. It was all about what the "church" said not what the bible said. In the catechism it basically says if you are not catholic you will go to hell. Jesus said if I believe in Him and receive Him into my heart I will have eternal life. I choose to believe Jesus.

Co-Redemptrix? Read the definition below:

re•deem \ri-"dem\ vb [ME redemen, modif. of MF redimer, fr. L redimere, fr. re-, red- re- + emere to take, buy] 1 : to recover (property) by discharging an obligation 2 : to ransom, free, or rescue by paying a price 3 : to free from the consequences of sin 4 : to remove the obligation of by payment <THE bonds savings ~s government>; also : to convert into something of value 5 : to make good (a promise) by performing : fulfill 6 : to atone for — re•deem•able adj — re•deem•er n
(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Mary did not have ANY part in my salvation. How dare anyone defile the name of Jesus by placing a mere human on the same level as Him. You can try to defend this with semantics all day long but the bottom line is that it is a bunch of junk.

I do feel very passionately about this. I am sorry if my manner has offended anyone but I will not apologize for my message, it is the truth.

This will be my final post on the issue. But I will leave you with this:

REV 17:1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."
17:3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 This title was written on her forehead:

MYSTERY
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

REV 17:6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.

Many believe the woman talked about in this passage represents the catholic church.

I will keep you all in prayer.

In His Service,

Sandy

Note: Any disagreements should be addressed through your e-mail or private message option. Do not air them in public. Therefore, your statement of disagreement has been removed (by MizDoulos on 2 September 2002).

&nbsp;

Aahhh&nbsp; yes , we have all heard that stuff before ,&nbsp; but there is another woman , and she has played the horlot before , and she is guilty of killing the prophets and stoning those who were sent to her .

<SUP>16</SUP>And the LORD said to Moses: "Behold, you will rest with your fathers; and this people will rise and play the harlot with the gods of the foreigners of the land, where they go to be among them, and they will forsake Me and break My covenant which I have made with them.<SUP> </SUP>

<SUP></SUP>&nbsp;

Luke 13
<SUP>33</SUP>Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

<I>Jesus Laments over Jerusalem</I>
<SUP>(1)</SUP> <SUP>34</SUP> "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!<SUP> 35</SUP>See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly,<SUP>[1]</SUP> I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!"'<SUP>[2]</SUP>

Upvote 0
In the catechism it basically says if you are not catholic you will go to hell.

Document or retract please. The Cathechism says no such thing.

How dare anyone defile the name of Jesus by placing a mere human on the same level as Him

We honor Jesus above all, as He is God. Mary takes nothing away from Jesus, as the Cathechism, does state.

You can try to defend this with semantics all day long but the bottom line is that it is a bunch of junk

As you know, Satan mixes lies with the truth to deceive people. You seem to imply that Catholics play word games, but in fact, unless you understand the details of our faith, you will be duped into believe that the Catholic Church is evil.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Shel:

Neither Catholics nor any other Christian is "required" to ask Mary or any saint for intercession on his or her behalf.

Salvation is by grace through faith, and it is available only by the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0