Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
IF - she suffered from 'acting like' her child was still alive - as was reported - and finally acknowledges that after 30 days she is gone, one would not be showing happiness in any way.

Perhaps if she had been given hope she was alive or ok... but she was being taken in for charges and she was smiling it up for the camera??

I am sorry, her emotions do not portray a mother's pain.

And that stuff about her not accepting it is hogwash because she did finally report her missing. Missing would have to cause her some emotion besides smiling.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, her emotions do not portray a mother's pain.

Perhaps you might want to take some grief counseling before saying that. Grief can show itself in strange ways. It doesn't always manifest itself in tears and sadness. Dr. Keith Ablow, a psychiatrist, has even said that he has had patients who, in their grief, really believe that their child is a duplicate. It goes without saying then that they think that their *real* child is okay--just needs to be found. (Sounds familiar. :scratch: And in the first days of the trial, the Prosecutor put on the stand one of Casey's friends who testified that "if anything happened to Caylee, Casey would "snap", put it all in a box... ") Then some grieving mothers insist that their child is still alive and still have conversations with him. Oh, the people are not insane--would not fit the definition--just in deep grief. Time is a healer. Eventually they "snap" out of it. Hopefully with treatment.

Add this to Casey's usual way of handling things--lying--and can we say that there's a problem?

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, bearing false witness is a problem. Whether it be character defamation & blaming someone for kidnapping knowing full well they didn’t do it, lying to throw the police off of the scent, or flat out lying about killing your child. One can safely assume the truth has never emerged from her mouth. Habitual lying, however, —whether it belies a mental illness or a personality disorder (the latter being more likely)---- isn’t an excuse for anything, as much as you’d like for it to be . That smile on her face is just plain creepy.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And that stuff about her not accepting it is hogwash because she did finally report her missing. Missing would have to cause her some emotion besides smiling.
Her grandma reported her missing,after she told the story about the babysitter taking and not returning her.I don't think she would have reported it,if it wantn't for the grandmom.Also think she'll do this again,if she has another child,she has no need for the child anymore.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think she would have reported it,if it wantn't for the grandmom.

You are right. Especially if she had "snapped" (like the Prosecution had elicited out of the friends on the witness stand--I doubt that that was intended) and had somehow believed the child to still be alive (even though she knew in her heart that little Caylee was dead). But even if it is an abnormal grief, it doesn't last forever. According to hospice, which deals in the grief process, in time reality comes back. Of course Casey will probably need a great amount of treatment to become "normal".

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Anyone see the interview on Dr. Drew with Casey's "bodyguard" who said Casey kept playing the same song over and over while they searched for Caylee.

(Name of song, I think)
Sevendust The Past

Some of the lyrics:

Beneath the water
that's falling from my eyes
lays a soul I've left behind
the edge of sorrow was
reached but now I'm fine
I've filled the hole I had inside

I pray it doesn't scream my name
so I light a flame and let it breathe
the air that kills the shame
~~~~~

That song (considering what happened) gives me chills.

Upvote 0