Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its weird to say "I don't care" the case involves the murder of a 4 year old little girl. She was 4 right?

This may be hard to believe, but many Americans have not followed this case :p It's not like the defendant is OJ Simpson or the victim is the Black Dahlia. My only concern in trials in the American justice system is that the defendant's Constitutional rights are respected :thumbsup: Only the jury fully sees the evidence in the case, and their opinion is the only one that matters. My opinion certainly does not matter.

Reactions: CruciFixed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the irony here is that you post you dont care

why would you do that if you 'dont care'

do you just want to be heard ?

i think maybe you are just annoyed that you are not in the loop

Nope, I am just addicted to voting in polls :p Unfortunately, this poll only has two options, neither of which I can select. Therefore, I must register my vote by a response.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've been watching the case. Looks like the defense theory it crumbling with the presentation of the videos of Casey with her parents/brother in the jailhouse. They contradict her courtroom story as to what happened. Whether they can prove 1st degree murder, I don't know. But, she'll probably be found guilty of some degree of murder.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
the whole family is unlikable, a trainwreck

casey showed no emotion towards her mother when the mother was distressed, the father is about as smart as an egg timer, casey accused her brother of incest/rape to save herself when all he ever did was to defend and protect her- now he testifys against the psycho

and casey was dirty dancing with other women while 'looking' for her daughter ?

i feel sorry for the other inmates who will be forced to do time with casey

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've been watching the case. Looks like the defense theory it crumbling with the presentation of the videos of Casey with her parents/brother in the jailhouse. They contradict her courtroom story as to what happened. Whether they can prove 1st degree murder, I don't know. But, she'll probably be found guilty of some degree of murder.

Remember, according to the news, it's still the prosecution's turn--then comes the defense's turn. I keep wondering if she'll somehow get off on a technicality--like the fact that she wasn't read her Meranda warnings, or just because everything is about circumstantial evidence and will therefore be appealed, or what-have-you.

BAFRIEND you are right--the whole family is a trainwreck. It's just too too painful. I can't imagine people rushing to get one of the 50 seats in the courtroom so that they can watch, but it seems that they do.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Unless Casey herself testifies, they won't be able to re-question her brother regarding material not already covered--like the DNA test he took. So, that whole theory will not hold up unless she testifies (then they can re-call the brother and ask his side of the story). The judge has already ruled on the limited scope of testimony regarding him. Other than that, George has already denied everything presented by the defense. I doubt they'll re-call him cuz that territory has already been covered and the judge won't allow a re-hashing of that. I don't see much else Casey's lawyer can do other than refute evidence presented by the prosecutors, but much of that territory has already been covered.

Reactions: BAFRIEND
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Still that lack of Miranda warning may just be her "get out of jail free card."

I just can't get over how gung ho just about everybody was to making sure Casey dies, but now that Casey's attorney raised the suspicion that she may have been abused, the darndest people seem to have softened their stand somewhat.

Still, I find it too too painful to watch and listen (the whole family is disturbed and nothing makes sense to me). And unfortunately for me--it seems to be a 24/7 news story. And even *if* the attorney saves Casey's life, it's for what? Casey seems to have burned all her bridges.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Did her lawyer ask for a mistrial based on lack of Miranda? (If he did, I missed that.) I know he's been asking for a mistrial this week, but don't know on what basis. (I haven't been able to watch that much the last few days.) From what I understand, Miranda is given when someone is officially arrested, not during routine questioning.
The reason all the abuse allegations made by Casey are being presented in court is to create a defense as to why she didn't report her child missing for so long. They had to have some kind of explanation for why (their story) of an accidental drowning would go unreported. I can't figure out why they dragged George into the whole situation other than the insinuation the defense presented regarding Casey's brother and the DNA test of Caylee. Casey's lawyer did say that the pregancy was hidden like a "flower in the attic" (referencing that book where unwanted children were hidden in the attic). So, the defense may be trying to say the child was her brother's and had to be hidden from an autopsy at any cost (where a DNA test may be done). So, that's why Casey and her father hid the child rather than call the police.That's just a wild guess though, cuz much of this case is totally confusing. Her lawyer's opening statement was vague and filled with insinuations.

I'm not saying that I buy any of that story, just saying what the defense may be thinking. Personally, with all the lies that Casey's told in the past--who could believe anything she says? She may even be one of those people who lies so much they begin to believe their own lies. She lead the police into a place she said she worked at and walked all the way down the hall, only to turn around at the last minute to tell them she really didn't work there--very strange! Personally, I don't see the defense having much chance of swaying anyone after they listened to Casey say how great her parents were on the jailhouse videos, then turn around in court and say they were abusive. All that does is prove what a liar she is.

Upvote 0