Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.care-net.org/media/budden.html

Bravo for their courage to stand up to Def Jam Records!! :clap: Amen!!!

The rapper in question, Joe Budden, features the following lyrics in popular singer USHER'S "Confessions, Part II":

"Pray that she abort that, If she's talkin' 'bout keepin' it /
One hit to the stomach, She's leakin' it"
:mad:

Yes, we have free speech - but we should not "reward" artists with our money for such disgusting, insensitive, violent, and HATEFUL lyrics towards women (and children). Good grief! :sigh:

drboyd

Jun 27, 2004
✟3,316.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Those lyrics are beyond disgusting. We need a "puke" icon for this one.

SuzQ said:
http://www.care-net.org/media/budden.html

Bravo for their courage to stand up to Def Jam Records!! :clap: Amen!!!

The rapper in question, Joe Budden, features the following lyrics in popular singer USHER'S "Confessions, Part II":

"Pray that she abort that, If she's talkin' 'bout keepin' it /
:mad:

Yes, we have free speech - but we should not "reward" artists with our money for such disgusting, insensitive, violent, and HATEFUL lyrics towards women (and children). Good grief! :sigh:

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
toxiciridescence said:
I'd say that its more pro-violence than pro-abortion. something pro-abortion would be less degrading than that.

How about somewhere in between? Like more of pro-FORCED-abortion-by-violence lyric?

P.S. For Dr.Boyd: :sick: Totally agree with you on that!

Upvote 0

soulbrother-NO.1

Aug 10, 2004
✟302.00
Faith
Atheist
SuzQ said:
I really don't like rap music. I have seen a whole generation of potentcialy talented black musicians go right down the toilet. You bring up a good point SuzQ, not censorship but of turning our back on disgusting, sillyness. Sort of like abortion, you just can't say "don't do it" or just pass a law in the heat of the moment. We need to go deep into ourselves. Another example would be terrorism. We just can't kill terrorist and expect everything to go away, we need to find the cause of terrorism, something that Bush can never do. Which brings us back to why people have abortions, or listen to stupid lyrics. Thats why i'm a so called "liberal". I believe we just cannot ban something with the hopes of it going away. Especially with personal freedoms. That just cannot be. Didn't Nietzsche say that "The cure for love is often that ancient radical medicine; love in return."

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Actually the lyric "Pray that she abort that, If she's talkin' 'bout keepin' it /
mad.gif
is a criminal offense, I totally agree that it is disgusting and revolting, but how is this different than the other violent lyrics regarding police that have been in some rap for a long time?

Upvote 0

toxiciridescence

Nov 1, 2004
✟8,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Izzy23 said:
Unbelievable! No conscience. These are the new teachers. It's very sad. These are some of the ideals backing Kerry and they speak volumes.
...Kerry is personally against abortion, and against legal partial birth abortion. This has nothing to do with Kerry and his ideals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drboyd

Jun 27, 2004
✟3,316.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
May I point out that seven of the nine current Supreme Court justices were appointed by republicans. The house and senate are both controlled by republicans. The president is a republican. If they ever intended to actually do anything about abortion, this would have been the time.

Face it - they don't intend to. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

Izzy23 said:
Kerry SAYS a lot of things. It's not what he says, it's what he does. <snip>

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find it ironic that people that are alive would sing about abortion. Do they really know what REALLY entails with an abortion? To blithely sing about it, shows their ignorance, and their conscience null and void of ANY compassion. :(

Reactions: SuzQ
Upvote 0
G

goodoldboy

The lyrics shouldn't be seen as pro-abortion, pro-violence, or whatever. It is more about telling a story that includes the thoughts and feelings of a man who got himself in bad straights. It is no more pro-forced-abortion than if you read it in a novel.

Here are a the complete lyrics if you want to read them.
it`d just been you and not all that
just gotta be nice to the chick on the side
run game and pray that she abort that
when she talk about keeping it. one shot to the stomach she leaking it
but then she might want to get even with
so wear that thats just the lesson you take
then sit wifey down like look theres a confession i gotta make
There is no need for censorship here. Nobody is going to commit violence against pregnant women because of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

toxiciridescence

Nov 1, 2004
✟8,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Izzy23 said:
Kerry SAYS a lot of things. It's not what he says, it's what he does. These are your ideals. Birds of a feather.
...since when did this go from bashing Kerry to bashing me??

Plus, Bush SAYS he's pro-life, but only for the unborn. Once your out, you're fair game.

Upvote 0

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not bashing you, Tox. When I said ~These are YOUR ideals~ I meant in general, not you personally. I'm sorry that I was unclear. I was quite tired last night.

I don't believe anything Kerry says. I think he's a puppet. I personally feel he's weak and convictions to him are whatever is popular at the moment.

Pro-life is the unborn. President Bush has made it clear that he won't take life to give life. This would make us hypocrites.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Izzy23 said:
Kerry SAYS a lot of things. It's not what he says, it's what he does. These are your ideals. Birds of a feather.

Yep, ya know your right. Just the other day Kerry made a stump speech about how we should all go around punching pregnant women in the the stomach so that they'll abort an wanted baby.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This was a thread about obscene lyrics in pop culture. Let's get back on message and leave the candidate bashing to the (many) other threads.

Personally, I find these lyrics offensive, in whatever context you place them in. It goes beyond the criminal nature of the verse to a societal attitude about abortion. It is so apparant that the target group this person was aiming at is largely accepting of abortions (even forced), and that this portrayal is simply a way of life.

We need to change society's attitude on two things: that violence is glorified, and that abortion is an easy means to get out of a situation you placed yourself in.

Upvote 0