Absolutely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look at how deep we are into the culture of death.

[font=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Hip-Hop Song Advises Violence Against Pregnant Women Who Refuse Abortion
[/font]
ahd_pinline.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7/17/04[/font]

ahd_pinline.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
LOS ANGELES — In a remixed version of pop artist Usher's new song called "Confessions (remix)," Hip-Hop artist Joe Budden suggests violent action against a mother when she is unwilling to abort her child.

"Confessions (remix)" includes lyrics such as:
…Pray that she abort that,
If she's talkin' 'bout keepin' it,
One hit to the stomach,
She's leakin' it…​
Commenting on the lyrics, Day Gardner, director of Black Americans for Life, an outreach of the National Right to Life Committee, said, "These lyrics are demeaning and outright violent toward both women and unborn children. It is appalling to suggest that a man attack a woman to cause the death of her unborn child. As women and as mothers, we simply cannot allow ourselves or our unborn children to be treated as objects of such abuse."

Black Americans for Life is urging African-Americans to call BMG Entertainment, the parent group of Usher's record label LaFace/Zomba, to request that they pull support of the song and to call their local R&B/Hip-Hop stations to request that "Confessions (remix)" be pulled from their playlists and from the air.

(This update courtesy of <A target=_blank href="http://lifesitenews.com/">LifeSiteNews.com.)​
[/font]

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know that there's anything we can do about it in the US except not let our kids listen to that trash, or do our best to see to it that they don't. Or maybe there is, I just don't know what.

I am never ceased to be amazed though at how detached and heartless, how pathetically hardened and desensitized our culture is to the sacredness of life.

Michelle

Upvote 0

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
I did love that song.. I guess I wasnt paying much attention to those lyrics.. written here.. I ddint know the words.. but now.. i dont care to hear it.. That is just horrible for him to say that!!! :mad: It makes me so angry to think of the abuse some people think they could do to someone else.. How dare he think he could do something like that.. hurt that woman and that baby.. as if it was her fault.. I cant believe he could think he'd get away with those words..

Upvote 0
A

Alessandra

While the lyrics are disgusting, you can not deny that it is actually shedding light on an important issues in society. There are a lot of guys out there who do this kind of thing and if this song makes people think about what is happening to these women, then at least something good is coming from the situation.

Please don't think I support the song, I was merely noting something good that could come from it. You know, looking on the bright side and all.

Upvote 0

pthalomarie

American Aquarium Drinker
Jun 2, 2004
Northeast USA
Visit site
✟549.00
Faith
Christian
AmeriLovesJesus said:
I did love that song.. I guess I wasnt paying much attention to those lyrics.. written here.. I ddint know the words.. but now.. i dont care to hear it.. That is just horrible for him to say that!!!
Please, people...PAY ATTENTION when you read the article.

Those are not the lyrics to Usher's version of the song. Those are lyrics added by Joe Budden, the guy who did the remix. Usher had nothing to do with it.

How dare he think he could do something like that.. hurt that woman and that baby.. as if it was her fault.
Uh...yeah, it's offensive, but it's a song, okay? Budden is not claiming that he actually assaulted anyone. I don't think he even had a specific woman in mind.

I cant believe he could think he'd get away with those words.
Well, thanks to the article and other outraged groups, he's going to make a lot of money. Don't people ever learn? This is what Budden wants! He wants you to get so mad that you tell everyone. That way he gets famous. And more people buy the remix, just to hear what the fuss is about.

If you wanted to punish him for it, you would speak not a word about it. Nothing kills a career like silence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.