✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 5:15-17 NIV

“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.”

As followers of Jesus, we are to be in the process of being conformed to his likeness, by the Holy Spirit, via our submission to him as Lord. We are to no longer live as we did before we believed in Jesus. Instead, we are to be daily walking in his righteousness, by the Spirit.

We are to be walking in the way of the Spirit and not in the way of the flesh. We should not be living in immorality, impurity, and idolatry, but we should be walking in moral purity, in holiness, in righteousness and in faithful obedience to God/Jesus as our ONLY LORD.

And this is because Jesus died on that cross to deliver us out of our slavery to sin and to empower us to live righteously.

He shed his blood for us to buy us back for God (to redeem us) so we would now honor God with our bodies. And he died on that cross in order that we would no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave his life up for us (Rom 6:1-23; 1 Co 6:19-20; 2 Co 5:15, 21).

Therefore, we are to be very careful how we live, not as unwise but as wise. We are not to be foolish, irresponsible, and self-indulgent, but we are to listen to the Lord and gain wisdom and understanding from him, and from his word, and then follow the wisdom he gives us.

We are not to “play with fire,” i.e., to go places where we know we will be tempted to sin and where we have had a history of falling into sin in those places. Instead, we are to resist the devil, flee temptation, and draw near to our Lord in obedience to his commands.

The days we live in are certainly evil. Evil is everywhere, on the left and on the right, and in the church and outside the church. It is in the government, in the media, in church leaders, and in human hearts, in general.

So, we must be diligent daily in guarding our hearts against all evil. And we must be making the most of every opportunity the Lord provides for us to live godly and holy lives for his glory and to be his witnesses and to carry the truth of the gospel and the love of Jesus to the world around us.

Ephesians 5:18-20 NIV

“Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Drunkenness is not just about having too much alcohol or wine to drink. It is about lacking self-control, living foolishly in self-indulgence, doing whatever feels good at the moment, and not considering the consequences of our behaviors. It is about following our emotions instead of using our brains.

So, you can be intoxicated (drunk) with wine or with romance or with lust or with anything that causes you to become senseless, so that you make unwise decisions, and you end up doing what ought not to be done. When people allow their emotions to rule them, they end up doing stupid stuff.

And it isn’t just that what they do is stupid (senseless), but they often do what is harmful to others and that could cost others their lives or that might injure them in some way. Or they might commit adultery or leave their spouses for “another love,” in the moment of that intoxicated feeling.

So, instead of living lives which are out of control, because we are living senseless and selfish lives, thinking only of self and self-gratification and self-pleasure, we are to be filled with the Spirit and live lives which are under the Spirit’s control and guidance, in submission to God.

And we are to encourage one another in our walks of faith to also not live selfish lives for self-gratification, but that we are to live lives pleasing to God – holy, pure, righteous, self-sacrificial and obedient to our Lord.

And this involves us sharing with one another hymns, psalms and songs from the Spirit for our mutual edification and spiritual growth in Christ. And this is not for entertainment purposes, so it doesn’t have to be on a professional level according to the world.

I believe there are many Christians with songs or hymns or psalms they could share who don’t share because they feel they are not on a professional level and that people would not want to hear them.

But we have to think with spiritual minds here and not natural minds. And we have to get past that so that we can share the gifts God has given us for the mutual edification of the body of Christ and for their spiritual growth in Christ. For we all need to be encouraged in Christ in these days of evil.

Do You Love Me?

An Original Work / July 24, 2013

Do you love Me now?
Will you seek My face?
I have given you
My love and My grace.
Will you walk with Me
Everywhere I lead?
Will you find in Me
All of what you need?

Won’t you meet with Me
Down upon your knees?