Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually went and checked if liquor stores counted as essential in New York right before the shelter-in-place order went into effect. (They do.)

Then I ran and got a couple of bottles of Port anyway just in case there are issues importing stuff from Europe. ^_^

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our gov got us on the stay at home bandwagon starting this morning. Probably the right decision. Curiously tho, liquor stores and MJ dispensaries are "Critical Critical Retail" (yes, thats how the actual order reads).

They were justifiably concerned about a massive, possibly dangerous run on these outlets if they weren't allowed to remain open.

Coronavirus Update: Colorado Under Stay At Home Order - What You Can And Cannot Do Under Polis' Stay In Place Order

We must remember that the base purpose is medical.
The governor’s order, however, will change how dispensaries do business. In-person sales are limited to medical patients only;

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I actually went and checked if liquor stores counted as essential in New York right before the shelter-in-place order went into effect. (They do.)

Then I ran and got a couple of bottles of Port anyway just in case there are issues importing stuff from Europe. ^_^
Nice. Its lame when your port gets stuck in port.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Our gov got us on the stay at home bandwagon starting this morning. Probably the right decision. Curiously tho, liquor stores and MJ dispensaries are "Critical Critical Retail" (yes, thats how the actual order reads).

They were justifiably concerned about a massive, possibly dangerous run on these outlets if they weren't allowed to remain open.

Coronavirus Update: Colorado Under Stay At Home Order - What You Can And Cannot Do Under Polis' Stay In Place Order

The same has happened here in Ontario. A public health official described it as being a calming influence on a population that is under stress.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Same here in CA. Weed dispensaries and delivery services can stay open as essential businesses but really, I think it’s so people don’t lose their minds staying home for several weeks on end.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Nice. Its lame when your port gets stuck in port.

Most of my port is stuck in my wine cellar waiting for the right time. I have some Tawney and Ruby that can be consumed now, but my vintage is only about ½ way. I had one in 2017 after 20 years and it was tolerable but another 20 will take care of that.

port.jpg

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Most of my port is stuck in my wine cellar waiting for the right time. I have some Tawney and Ruby that can be consumed now, but my vintage is only about ½ way. I had one in 2017 after 20 years and it was tolerable but another 20 will take care of that.

View attachment 273707
So what are you going to drink for the second week of isolation?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So what are you going to drink for the second week of isolation?

I have several bottles of 15-18 year old Scotch, lots of Rum, some Gin, some Tequila, Champagne, regular wine (around 600 bottles), and some beer somewhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have several bottles of 15-18 year old Scotch, lots of Rum, some Gin, some Tequila, Champagne, regular wine (around 600 bottles), and some beer somewhere.

Ahhh, we have a hoarder.:D

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In Los Angeles county, gun shops have been deemed as an essential business and allowed to remain open. And you should see the lines to get in!

Is that so that they can shoot anyone who violates social distancing?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, we have a hoarder.:D

Most have either been my wine cellar or on top of my refrigerator for years. Since I retired from the military, I have not been able to afford my tastes in alcohol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They want people to be sedated for the duration so they don't get out of hand.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,477.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

<Belk raises a glass of 21 yr Glenmorangie to Aryeh Jay>

Allons!

Upvote 0

Kathyleen

Jan 26, 2020
Vienna
✟1,904.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Liberals
Last edited:
Upvote 0