Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is full of scriptures like the following:

Ecc 7:14
In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider -- God has made the one as well as the other So that man will not discover anything that will be after him. (NASB)

Job 1:21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."
Job 1:22 Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God. (NASB)

Some people put off making a decision for Ch
rist until the last possible moment. Sometimes it takes an illness, or some other type of life-changing event. My mother-in-law (whom I loved more than my own mother) did not make a decision for Christ until cancer had ravaged her body and she was too weak from the chemotherapy. She's with the Lord now.

Still other people are lukewarm for the Lord. They want to keep one foot in the world and the other on the things of God. The thing is, no one knows how long they have. We are constantly being tested. Why do bad things happen to good people? Maybe because God loves them and wants to give them one last chance. No excuses.

On a more personal note, I have a biopsy scheduled for this Friday. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Reactions: Ariellamb

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Many sadly make bedside confessions out of fear of dying and being placed in hell....It's like getting your "get out of hell free" card..

Sad concept.

Hope your results come back good. I had to go through 3 years of watching for cancer, not a fun thing, but all turned out OK. May God's love surround you as you deal with this.

Upvote 0

MrSparkle

Feb 23, 2010
Zionsville, Indiana
✟15,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why do bad thing happen to good people? Why does God let bad things happen? If he loves us why would he allow that? I have heard a lot of people ask this and I have noticed when the bad things happen the fruit of the Spirit is most obvious.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

If there was no illness, no suffering and no needs then there would be no need for His fruit and no opportunity for us to demonstrate it. So, when someone is sick and hurting we should be fruitful for His glory. And when we are sick and hurting we can take comfort that we are being used to produce and develop His fruit in others. Being human we have a difficult time looking at this from God's perspective.

Joh 15:1 Jesus said to his disciples: I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. Joh 15:2 He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit. But he trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit.
Even with the current uncertainty you are being used by God to allows others to demonstrate His fruit. And if the test come back OK you will most likely demonstrate your fruits to others who will go through the a similar scare. Take comfort that you have those that care and are thinking of you. I will be praying that all goes well.
(drop by at work again...enjoyed talking with you. - Incidently "MrSparkle" was my name in hgh school because of the way I acted and dressed).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many sadly make bedside confessions out of fear of dying and being placed in hell....It's like getting your "get out of hell free" card..

Sad concept.

Hope your results come back good. I had to go through 3 years of watching for cancer, not a fun thing, but all turned out OK. May God's love surround you as you deal with this.

Thank you and may God continue to bless you with a clean bill of health.

My parents had time and opportunity to make a decision for Christ. Instead, they chose to put their faith in a religious institution and the traditions of man.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do bad thing happen to good people? Why does God let bad things happen? If he loves us why would he allow that? I have heard a lot of people ask this and I have noticed when the bad things happen the fruit of the Spirit is most obvious.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

If there was no illness, no suffering and no needs then there would be no need for His fruit and no opportunity for us to demonstrate it. So, when someone is sick and hurting we should be fruitful for His glory. And when we are sick and hurting we can take comfort that we are being used to produce and develop His fruit in others. Being human we have a difficult time looking at this from God's perspective.

Joh 15:1 Jesus said to his disciples: I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. Joh 15:2 He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit. But he trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit.
Even with the current uncertainty you are being used by God to allows others to demonstrate His fruit. And if the test come back OK you will most likely demonstrate your fruits to others who will go through the a similar scare. Take comfort that you have those that care and are thinking of you. I will be praying that all goes well.
(drop by at work again...enjoyed talking with you. - Incidently "MrSparkle" was my name in hgh school because of the way I acted and dressed).
Mr. Sparkle, glad to see you made it. We need to do lunch again.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hey, Faith.Man, I'm praying for you, Buddy.
Thank you. Your prayers are most appreciated and welcomed. I joined CF in October of last year. It's been both great and challenging being around so many intelligent people with a genuine desire for the Lord. If you ever need prayer, please let me know. May God bless you in all you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hey, Brother, I'm still praying for you. How did the tests turn out?
Thank you Brother for your prayers. I am a big believer in the power of prayer, especially the prayers of others like yourself, Christian Brothers and Sisters strong in the Word.

I don't know if you've ever had a prostate exam, but getting biopsy samples (in my case 12) is a lot worse and most unpleasant. I wasn't given an anesthetic and was fully awake. I will spare you the details only to say it involves a camera and 12 very long needles. It will take about 7 days or so before I get the results back.

Thanks again for your prayers and may God bless you, and everyone else praying for me.

Bob

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you Brother for your prayers. I am a big believer in the power of prayer, especially the prayers of others like yourself, Christian Brothers and Sisters strong in the Word.

I don't know if you've ever had a prostate exam, but getting biopsy samples (in my case 12) is a lot worse and most unpleasant. I wasn't given an anesthetic and was fully awake. I will spare you the details only to say it involves a camera and 12 very long needles. It will take about 7 days or so before I get the results back.

Thanks again for your prayers and may God bless you, and everyone else praying for me.

Bob
Though prayer doesn't change God's mind I am praying for you. As far as the tests go I think I would just rather die of whatever God takes me with. I have had one prostate exam and will never have another. Unless, of course, they do it while I am asleep. I asked the doctor to do one while he was in there when I had a colonoscopy. I don't remember a thing.

P.S. The one thing I found out when I had heart surgery was that the first thing to go is your dignity.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Though prayer doesn't change God's mind I am praying for you. As far as the tests go I think I would just rather die of whatever God takes me with. I have had one prostate exam and will never have another. Unless, of course, they do it while I am asleep. I asked the doctor to do one while he was in there when I had a colonoscopy. I don't remember a thing.

P.S. The one thing I found out when I had heart surgery was that the first thing to go is your dignity.

Thank you. (We'll have to discuss prayer sometime outside of this thread.)

Prostate cancer is one of the more treatable cancers. I won't know if I'll need treatment or not for a week. Yeah, the exam is uncomfortable, but so would dying from this type of cancer. I've only had one colonoscopy (upper and lower GI) eight years or so ago, and like you I was put under.

Dignity? It seems like the older you get, the less you're allowed to keep. I hope your heart problems are behind you. God bless.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.