Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbym336

Aug 12, 2003
Lubbock, Texas
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
This is the reason why so many, who try to make finite an infinite God, have trouble with salvation. While some where predestined to hell and others to heaven it is the same way for the angels. The bible speaks clearly of elect angels. When you can't believe in the sovereign God of the universe these are the problems and questions you run into. It becomes man centered and you try to rationalize God and attach your own emotions to Him.

BAChristian: It doesn't solidify the catholic position, it just show how much catholic doctrine has infiltrated mainstream protestantism. When you have man resting on the finished work of Christ it is hard for him to be manipulated by other men. Think about it.

Sola Scriptura,

bobby

Upvote 0

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
bobbym336 said:
BAChristian: It doesn't solidify the catholic position, it just show how much catholic doctrine has infiltrated mainstream protestantism.
Well there bobby...I disagree.

I grew up in Protestant churches. Go tell a Nazarene that Catholic dogma has infiltrated their doctrine, and you'll get laughed out of the sanctuary. You obviously, are mistaken.

It's my opinion, (and it's the doctrine that some Protestant churches teach) based on Scripture, that OSAS is nothing more than an excuse to sin every day and still get to heaven.

Sorry, but you can go on and on about how the good Lord is just going to die for us and we're not going to have to do much more than just try to live a good life, and hey, ya know, if we just try to be good, then ya know, God's just going to be there for us no matter what! I mean, we can do whatever we want and still get to heaven, but ya know what, you're just straight up mistaken my friend...

I guess no one is going to hell other than the Atheists, huh? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟565,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BAchristian said:
It's my opinion, (and it's the doctrine that MANY Protestant churches teach) based on Scripture, that OSAS is nothing more than an excuse to sin every day and still get to heaven.

Trouble is, and I have never gotten a satisfactory answer to this from opponents of OSAS, we do sin a little every day. Whether you believe in OSAS or not, you do sin. Every day. And sometimes more than just a little. What you seem to miss is that if OSAS is false, then everyone (including you) is still lost and going to hell. Even you.
Are you going to hell? I cannot see how you could believe otherwise.

I realize you may attempt to construct some elaborate reasonings to explain why you are not not going to hell and OSASers are... but in the end you are sinking in your own boat.

(of course I do not believe you are going to hell, but I do think you are ignoring the plan facts)

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's my opinion, (and it's the doctrine that some Protestant churches teach) based on Scripture, that OSAS is nothing more than an excuse to sin every day and still get to heaven.

This is so much like the response of Paul's critics, who accused Paul of preaching a grace message that gives one the licence to go sin. Licence or no licence, as disdaskalos pointed out correctly, everyone still sins.

6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
BAchristian said:
Hi there!

:wave:

I just wanted to tell you that I got "salvation" not "fire insurance".

~malaka~

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Luchnia said:
You have to wonder, if OSAS was biblical, why didn't someone tell Jesus about it? They left Him out! :D
JN 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. (NIV)

So, do you believe and have everlasting life or do you not believe and not have everlasting life.

Jesus said if I believe I have everlasting life. :)

Care to tell Him He is wrong?? ;)

Reactions: Serapha
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟565,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since I did not get a response to this... I thought I would post it again...

Trouble is, and I have never gotten a satisfactory answer to this from opponents of OSAS, we do sin a little every day. Whether you believe in OSAS or not, you do sin. Every day. And sometimes more than just a little. What you seem to miss is that if OSAS is false, then everyone (including you) is still lost and going to hell. Even you.
Are you going to hell? I cannot see how you could believe otherwise.

I realize you may attempt to construct some elaborate reasonings to explain why you are not not going to hell and OSASers are... but in the end you are sinking in your own boat.

(of course I do not believe you are going to hell, but I do think you are ignoring the plan facts)

Upvote 0

bobbym336

Aug 12, 2003
Lubbock, Texas
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
BA Christian,

Nobody has ever needed an excuse or a license to sin Col 2:13,Eph 2:1. I disagree with your premise that there are good people "there are none good no not one". You make the same arguments the RCC did back in the dark ages when they murdered over a million protestants. You show a ignorance in scripture and of history. I have backed my position with scripture. All I ask of you, is to do the same. For anyone to deny the perseverance of the christian, denies the substitutionary work of Christ on the cross. Just because you would do whatever you wanted if you knew you were secure doesnt mean every other christian would. I leave you with canon 9 and 16 of the RCC Council of Trent Session 6 Jan. 13, 1547. Many protestants denied these canons and were killed for it. Make a choice. You can believe your catholic doctrine or find the truth in the name you claim. :whack: :homerun!:

[size=-1]CANON IX.-If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema.[/size] (anathema - accursed)

[size=-1]CANON XVI.-If any one saith, that he will for certain, of an absolute and infallible certainty, have that great gift of perseverance unto the end,-unless he have learned this by special revelation; let him be anathema.[/size]

bobbym336

Reactions: Serapha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
didaskalos said:
Since I did not get a response to this... I thought I would post it again...
Hi there!

I posted this elsewhere, but it still applies,

I got salvation not "fire insurance". Fire insurance is just going through the motions, saying the words for repentance without a sincerity, and they intend to sin again and again.

Those that have "fire insurance"... don't really have "fire insurance".

~malaka~

Upvote 0

Luchnia

Jul 19, 2003
✟1,127.00
Terri said:
JN 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. (NIV)

So, do you believe and have everlasting life or do you not believe and not have everlasting life.

Jesus said if I believe I have everlasting life. :)

Care to tell Him He is wrong?? ;)
amen! What happens if you quit believing and stop abiding? There were those that even fell apostate to the point of no return, are they still saved even though the Word states they cannot return? Does this mean that if you turn back to evil you are saved? (Gal5:19-21; 6:7; Heb 6:4-6; 10:26-29; James 5:19-20; etc.)

Word up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

suzie

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟1,406.00
Faith
Christian
When we are saved we die to self and take on Christ. It is no longer we who live but Christ that lives in us. The Holy Spirit comes into each believer and we are sealed to eternity. Adopted heirs to the kingdom. We are His.

There will always be those among us who talk the talk, who take the front rows in church and even serve along side but God knows their true hearts. Not all who profess to know Him do.....

Believers are those who have made the life changing decision that begins a lifelong journey of transformation from the inside out. An eternal journey.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew said:
IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE SAVED AND THAT YOU ARE DEFINITELY HEAVEN-BOUND SAY AMEN!
Hi there!

Revelation 22:3-4
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

I can claim the promises of God, that when Jesus Christ said He was going to prepare a place for me that I might be with Him. I believe that.

Revelation 22:3 tells me that I will be a servant to God and the Lamb; therefore I will cheerfully serve. I don't care if I am cleaning toilets in the littlest mansion the farthest from the throne of God in the most remote corner of heaven. I will be able to see His face and bear His name for eternity from any point of heaven.

~malaka~

Upvote 0
Malaka said:
Hi there!

Wow, I can hear the fat frying.

Let me address just one point...

"May our enemies be scattered, and may God continue to bless the Remnant!"

In the Bible, the remnant is Israel, and the last time I checked, they were still God's chosen people.

Have you ever heard that you can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar?

~malaka~
And since Christ is from Abramham luke 3:34..Matt 1:1

and we are in Christ .... Gal 3:29

Upvote 0
John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father [Eph 1:3-4] I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my Name, he may give it you. 17 These things I commanded you, that ye love one another.

Upvote 0

JWS

Sep 27, 2003
✟127.00
The bible says you must believe in the gospel to be saved - that you musn't add to or take away from Jesus' completed work in bridging the gap between man in his sins and God in his holiness that was done in his death and resurrection.

How can one know if he is sincere and believes vs and just 'talking the talk'. Does belief require complete understanding? Does belief require life-long adherence to belief (not trying to be a do-gooder in the hopes it will make you more saved)? We are imperfect, so how can we believe perfectly?

Reactions: BAChristian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.