CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well this part of your post does not agree with God's Word *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 8:13 and the rest of the scriptures provided in the OP.
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.— John 10:27-28
This part of your post I also love! Thanks for sharing it with us. Now who are God's Sheep? Yep those who believe and follow God's Word. This scripture says outside parties cannot steal God's sheep out of God's hands it does not say that those who were once sheep cannot fall away from believing and following God's Word does it?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well this part of your post does not agree with God's Word *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 8:13 and the rest of the scriptures provided in the OP.
Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives? For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband. So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man. Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
— Romans 6:21-7:6
This part of your post I also love! Thanks for sharing it with us. None of these scriptures you have provided here disagress with the OP or does it say that a believer can fall away from believing and following God's Word to become an unbeliever now do they?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That’s the point. It does not address your pretext. You have a preconceived notion reading it into the text.
Not really. It is God's word that is provided in the OP not mine. Do you not believe the scriptures provided? If not why not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we must stay on the narrow path ad finish the race
Hi charsan, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think very small post that has a lot of truth in it that many today do not realise and that is once we become a Christian it is only the very beginning of our walk with God and it is only those who finish the race who endure temptation to the end believing and following God's Word that receive the prize of eternal life. Thanks for sharing brother.

God bless

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not for those who believe and follow God's Word *JOHN 3:15-21
So it's not a new and better covenant, it's the same as the old testament era, and Jesus didn't need to die at all since salvation is based on an individual's obedience to scripture.

This is what I am gathering from your reasoning.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't finish the good race
you never had it in the first place.

Real christians will persevere.

Although looking good for a while
seed planted on rocky soil will die.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So it's not a new and better covenant, it's the same as the old testament era, and Jesus didn't need to die at all since salvation is based on an individual's obedience to scripture.

This is what I am gathering from your reasoning.

Nope it is a new covenant promise to give all those who believe God's Word a new heart to love and follow him through faith by grace *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 5:4; EPHESIANS 2:8-9.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,736,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?
No.

But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
— Titus 3:4-7

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,736,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?
No.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
— Ephesians 2:4-7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Nope it is a new covenant promise to give all those who believe God's Word a new heart to love and follow him through faith by grace *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 5:4; EPHESIANS 2:8-9.
I was just saying, that's just how it comes across.

I hope you have a good day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you don't finish the good race
you never had it in the first place.

Real christians will persevere.

Seed planted on the rocky soil will die.

M-Bob

Absolutely Bob, it is only those who endure temptation to the end that receive eternal life. But there are those who believed that started the race that gave up to return back to a life of sin to no longer believe and follow God's Word. This is what the scriptures in the OP are about and elsewhere *HEBREWS 6:4-8.
Thanks for sharing.

God's blessing

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟891,334.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listened to David Bercot today. His take (which he also claims is the early Church's belief) is that we are saved by repentance and kept saved by love/faith/obedience. So salvation is a two part deal. Entering a relationship with Christ and then living in the relationship with Christ.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus died and rose again, not just died. His death nailed sin and death to the Cross. We do not have eternal life until we give up the ghost in this life, we are not guaranteed something if we can not stay on the narrow path. Even one who confesses Christ can still be lost
Sounds like bad news to me.

People are spiritually transformed so they cannot live life like they did before, and can still not make it.

Guess we'll need that holy whip of antioch that's made of scorpion tails and all that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.