MikeBigg

Apr 13, 2010
Hampshire, UK
✟17,374.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
There's a video on the Premier Radio website with Amy Orr-Ewing presenting the case for the Bible being reliable. Its not short - about an hour long, but worth watching if you're interested in such things.

It can be found here:

Apologetics | Premier.org.uk, Features

Regards,

Mike

MikeBigg

Apr 13, 2010
Hampshire, UK
✟17,374.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Can we trust the bible? Absolutely. Why? Because we can trust the author, God's Spirit :)

Hmm. Author? or Inspirer?

I trust the Bible, too, but it is interesting to hear some points on the authenticity of the ancient documents.

Mike

Upvote 0

Danny777

Jan 7, 2013
✟8,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. Author? or Inspirer?

I trust the Bible, too, but it is interesting to hear some points on the authenticity of the ancient documents.

Mike

Hi Mike,

For me, it's not an "either/or" question - it's a "both/and". I believe the Bible is 100% authored by human hands and 100% inspired by the Holy Spirit. (In a similar way, I believe Jesus Christ was 100% human and 100% divine.) I don't see any contradiction with this even though it can be quite hard for our Greek minds to understand...

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
xTx said:
I like reading the parts where Jesus spoke. Everything that Jesus spoke is good.
What about what Jesus did?

To separate Jesus's speech from his actions is to grossly distort their meaning.

Upvote 0

DaCalledOne

Da Love Of God
Jan 27, 2014
✟7,628.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
yes we can rely on the bible it is the word of God, but also with the human influence in putting together the holy book, u know it is not a 100% accurate God's word. certain verses in the old bible has been taking out of the new bibles because it does not qualify or fit to be in the bible. all this proves the human influence on in the bible. the word begotten is an example of changes made in the bible u wont find that word in any of the new bibles. the holy bible is the word of God but also has human errors. i can rely on the bible because these errors are few not even up to 1% of the whole content so YES I CAN RELY ON THE BIBLE.

PEACE BE UPON U ALL

Upvote 0

MikeBigg

Apr 13, 2010
Hampshire, UK
✟17,374.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I haven't listened to this yet, but I would assume a lot of her points would be similar to what is this book of hers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-Trust-Bible-Answers-Questions/dp/1844743470

I guess so.

What is it they say - evangelicals read books, charismatics watch dvds?

I'm not into "arguing" the gospel, but sometimes it is useful to be able to disagree with statements people make as fact and have something to back it up. This video is in that category - most Christians do believe and trust the Bible, but blind faith may not be enough when talking to people who don't believe. Sometimes their unbelief can be rooted in a mis-belief.

Some of the mis-belief is about whether or not the bible can be trusted. This video helps in that situation.

I found it encouraging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeBigg

Apr 13, 2010
Hampshire, UK
✟17,374.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I thought she was hardwork to listen to, got through half of her talk, at a push, but had to turn it off.

Me too.

I do like how she aimed the talk at a level suitable for lay people. She is an intelligent woman and quite capable of using long theologically words correctly, but doesn't in this video.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
No doubt she has her head screwed on right,
what I think is maybe a problem today is, negativity when the word "tradition" is used/applied, she was into "oral" teachings a little, but not enough, I think, actually it may have been more fun if she had banged her fist into the pulpit, and said something a little more radical, :D.

But then she may not be asked to speak anymore, haha.

Upvote 0