Can the US afford to lose so many women?

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
States with more abortion restrictions have higher maternal and infant mortality, report finds

Maternal death rates in states that restricted abortion were 62% higher than in states where abortion was more easily accessible, new research showed​

And, not only that but babies that were meant to be born that were WANTED? They died at a higher rate too.

And, unbelievably for a country as rich as it is, the US is ALREADY ranked a shameful 46th in terms of maternal mortality.
https://www.wilsoncenter.org/event/what-explains-the-united-states-dismal-maternal-mortality-rates#:~:text=Twitter%20LinkedIn%20Email-,What%20Explains%20the%20United%20States'%20Dismal%20Maternal%20Mortality%20Rates%3F,at%2046th%20in%20the%20world.

Is everyone/anyone okay with this shift in numbers?

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, keep in mind that from the perspective of people who see abortion as killing babies, the result is far fewer lives lost overall.
I think you're right but each of those women could have had MORE kids.

Upvote 0

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟312,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my experience women have little value except as cooks, maids and baby factories.

My father in-law gave me this definition of wife " a wife is an appliance you have sex with occasionally"

So it is no surprise that fetuses are far more valuable than grown women / "appliances". After all appliances are easily replaceable when they wear out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In my experience women have little value except as cooks, maids and baby factories.

My father in-law gave me this definition of wife " a wife is an appliance you have sex with occasionally"
"No disrespect" but anyone who has that view has the intelligence of their own genetalia and little more.

So it is no surprise that fetuses are far more valuable than grown women / "appliances". After all appliances are easily replaceable when they wear out.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think it's lies.

I think the vaccine has done something to pregnant women and the liberals are covering it up.
1671057493859.png

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One of the important bits of the article:

Zephyrin's report reveals a correlation, not a direct causal link, and other policies in states with high maternal mortality most likely play roles in the disparity, as well. For example, some states that restrict the ability to terminate pregnancies also have more limits on Medicaid coverage and fewer OB-GYNs and nurse midwives per capita.

The correlation is maybe not that surprising considering where these states are (both politically and geographically). It's partly about abortion, but it's probably more to do with a general indifference to women's health (or lack of desire to spend hard-earned taxpayer money to improve women's health).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's lies.
Okay, why do you think it's lies? If you look up maternal death rates by country and by state, there is no getting around the abysmal rates which have been common knowledge for a long time now.

I think the vaccine has done something to pregnant women and the liberals are covering it up.
The awful maternal death rate in the USA has been ongoing since well before the vaccine, so.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And, not only that but babies that were meant to be born that were WANTED? They died at a higher rate too.
That alone signals more is going on than what the headline suggests, but headlines were the original clickbait.

In the US, there is a program called WIC, (see Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) | Food and Nutrition Service ). the idea is to provide proper nutrition to expectant mothers and mothers and infants in order to help lower the mortality rate. There is also this: Are there any health assistance programs for pregnant women, mothers, and children?

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, why do you think it's lies? If you look up maternal death rates by country and by state, there is no getting around the abysmal rates which have been common knowledge for a long time now.

The awful maternal death rate in the USA has been ongoing since well before the vaccine, so.
I do not want to get into an argument that could be misconstrued as being anti-vaccination. The question is whether the unvaccinated who caught COVID-19 experienced the same effects as those who had side effects from the vaccine. This is strictly anecdotal, so make no more of it than that: While I didn't have noticeable side effects from the vaccine, most of those I know who did suffered headache, mild fever, and fatigue for a certain amount of time. When I caught COVID-19, I observed fever and some fatigue for the same amount of time. Anecdotally, that implies the side effect was due to the body's response to the virus, whether it was the full virus or just a snippet of code.

That's just anecdotal, or course. Please, no one make a conspiracy movie about it.

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look up maternal death rates by country and by state, there is no getting around the abysmal rates which have been common knowledge for a long time now.
What is the cause and what is the solution?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
One of the important bits of the article:

Zephyrin's report reveals a correlation, not a direct causal link, and other policies in states with high maternal mortality most likely play roles in the disparity, as well. For example, some states that restrict the ability to terminate pregnancies also have more limits on Medicaid coverage and fewer OB-GYNs and nurse midwives per capita.

The correlation is maybe not that surprising considering where these states are (both politically and geographically). It's partly about abortion, but it's probably more to do with a general indifference to women's health (or lack of desire to spend hard-earned taxpayer money to improve women's health).
I have 0 doubt that this statistics is NOT dictated by a single policy but by an overriding philosophy that red states are led by unhelpful leaders who have little desire to help their own citizens because it costs money. I'd be curious what the discrepancy was like BEFORE covid

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That alone signals more is going on than what the headline suggests, but headlines were the original clickbait.

In the US, there is a program called WIC, (see Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) | Food and Nutrition Service ). the idea is to provide proper nutrition to expectant mothers and mothers and infants in order to help lower the mortality rate. There is also this: Are there any health assistance programs for pregnant women, mothers, and children?
It's great that those organizations exist but it needs to be remembered that even with these organizations, the US still ranks 46th. You have bigger problems than those organizations can handle.

Ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if mothers choosing to avoid certain procedures due to costs.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have 0 doubt that this statistics is NOT dictated by a single policy but by an overriding philosophy that red states are led by unhelpful leaders who have little desire to help their own citizens because it costs money.
Can you please tell me if you believe in and follow Jesus? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Click on the little circle thingie under the avatar and people’s info pops up. HTH.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I can and I will but I'm wondering why you want to know that in this discussion?

I do.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0