Can some one explain to me the problem of being a Christian Buddhist ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConvictionofGod

לא תרצח‎ (δεν θα μπορείτε να σκοτώσει)
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find the level of imposing of their fears from ignorance of certain christians is one reason why certain souls avoid too zealous types who impose their version without ever understanding that just maybe they don't know yet .

could you explain what you mean? please and thank you

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know someone (not very well) who I have been told is a Christian Buddhist. I have been told that they believe that Buddha and Jesus are the same person and Jesus is in effect the reincarnated Buddha. I dont think this is in line with scripture and if it was true surely Jesus would have referred to the teachings of Buddha or at least that there were teachings n other countries/lands that were of Him.

For me this is breaking the first two commandments, to have "no other gods before me" and no graven images as Buddhists have statues of Buddha used in worship, surely these are graven images.

Also, over the years I have known a few people who always seemed to struggle with their Christian walks, some of them have told me that they overcame a lot of issues when they cleaned up there lives. This including getting rid of statues of Buddha in some cases. I have even been told by people that it was when they got rid of the Buddha that things turned around.

There is also a conflict in their practice. Buddhism is about obtaining things like peace, nirvana, etc by self works including meditation. Meditation is something that have concerns about in itself. In Christianity we talk about meditating on the Word. What this means is that you think about and focus on the Word. It does not mean you give up control of your mind. In Buddhism, Hinduism and possibly other religions I think that meditation often means emptying your mind and allowing outside influences to control your thinking. This opens us up to demonic influence and for a Christian is very dangerous. You are giving Satan and demons a open pathe to attack you unhindered.
She did not say she was practising buddhism ,but using some techniques to calm the mind . Sometimes the narrowness of certain christians is suffocating and fear driven ,and this is a sign of satan who makes us fearful ,while true Christians can study other things with discernment .

If it was up to them we would not be hee on this net .

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's good to ask questions ... and I suspect strongly that it was Spirit Who was causing the unrest within you.

Consider this: everything made was made "good" by God... if there is something beneficial that someone else/some other faith or organization is using, then realize that the BEST example of that will be found in God's Word! The devil creates facsimiles to entice you away from God.... regardless of the verbiage, the words used, the Mind of Christ, meditation, mindfulness... the CONCEPT can be best found and followed in Scripture... and yes, even the idea of a goddess...or rather the benefit of that... can be found in God and His Word.

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thank you all for posting back to me am sorry for what i did sxometimes the OCD And my mental health makes me feel very confused about things my OCD kinda makes me move from one faith to another i am trying to get help for this and i guess i was looking for a quick fix to my depression and self injury i think my pastor was trying to make me see that it was the wrong way to go i have to pray to JESUS TO FORGIVE ME am scared ill go to hell like what one of my abusers told me i am when i was a child i am scared of this and this is why i look to other faiths as well its FEAR that drives me to do this

The Lord bless you. This is a perfect example of why we are to fill our mind with Christ and His mercy, goodness etc... for you too as someone suffering with OCD this means to work at (I know it's work) focussing on GOD... your focus must be on Him... trying to empty the mind is only opening it for satan's thoughts to influence you. Take it slowly, find a few key verses to memorize and then, like a 'mantra' repeat them to the glory of God!

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She did not say she was practising buddhism ,but using some techniques to calm the mind . Sometimes the narrowness of certain christians is suffocating and fear driven ,and this is a sign of satan who makes us fearful ,while true Christians can study other things with discernment .

If it was up to them we would not be hee on this net .
If you read my post it refers to Christian Buddhist although thinking about it they may be called Buddhist Christians, but it is an actual religion. Its not just a case of my saying what the person I know believes, but what i have learned about the organised religion. I first heard of it from someone else who told me she had gone on a weeks retreat with this group. The OP said she is a Christian Buddhist in the title and in the post. I gave information on this group which has teaching I believe to be contradictory to the Bible.

Some of the Buddhist practices are also not to be recommended such as meditation that required emptying your mind and giving up control of your own mind which is what some meditation requires.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
i have started to look into Buddhism as a philosophical way to help myself with my OCD mindfulness and meditation looking more at the mindfulness meditation my mental health has been good since starting this but i want to look even more deeper into Buddhism as a Christian Buddhist i have read that you can follow Buddhism and still follow your christian faith my mental health has gotten to the point where my husband has to lock the door and keep keys on himself to meds most of the time i am a danger to myself and others but the last week or so looking at this has helped me so much i am more positive and happy doing this i am still christian i still believe in Jesus , God and the Holy Spirit i still want to celebrate Christmas and Easter yet i feel a pull towards Buddhism i talk to one of my pastor who told me just to follow the meditation and the mindfulness i asked him if it ok for me to go and join a Buddhist meditation class and he said no i feel disappointed and upset that i cant follow this but what the problem with this i am still Christian Am still going to church every week am a member of the church voting member maybe i dont see why he said this can someone please explain not allowed to do this i am unable to talk to my pastor again until Tuesday he know i have mental health problems but he dont know how things are going since the last time i saw him i wanted to show him that Buddhism is a philosophical but i was unable to explain to him i know that most of you will say that Buddhism is new age and of the devil but really ??? saying things like that makes your go 1000 years backward where women who helped people with medicine where burt at the stake for being witches where black people where slaves are,nt we going too backwards with things like that its 2017
not that dark ages you know i feel some want angry and upset I AM A CHRISTIAN BUDDHIST weather people like it or not
CAN SOMEONE EXPLANE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ???
I remember looking into Buddhism myself and found that the story of Buddha was very touching as it told the story of a young prince who had never left the palace. One day he snuck out to see the rest of his subjects in India. Much to his surprise he saw that many were sick, poor, and hungry. He could not believe that his parents had hid him from all of this tragedy. From that day he vowed to leave the palace and never return, instead he would share the fate of the poor. After sometime he decided that he also needed to deny himself of food and water so he fasted for a long time. After having experienced great riches and great poverty he mediated on his life up to this point: he concluded that riches nor poverty bring happiness, riches, or good health: but a denial of worldly desires. He concluded that all men are one in the same and that to give to the poor is to become rich; to clothe the cold is to become warm; to heal the sick is to become well. After this enlightenment it is said that he had achieved Nirvana and was seen no more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you read my post it refers to Christian Buddhist although thinking about it they may be called Buddhist Christians, but it is an actual religion. Its not just a case of my saying what the person I know believes, but what i have learned about the organised religion. I first heard of it from someone else who told me she had gone on a weeks retreat with this group. The OP said she is a Christian Buddhist in the title and in the post. I gave information on this group which has teaching I believe to be contradictory to the Bible.

Some of the Buddhist practices are also not to be recommended such as meditation that required emptying your mind and giving up control of your own mind which is what some meditation requires.

by definition buddhism is not a religion, its a philosophy, as it does not have or contain the worship of a deity, the buddha is not a god, but a prophet if you will. however to truly practice buddhism you will be turning your heart and mind away from the core essentials of God's word.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I remember looking into Buddhism myself and found that the story of Buddha was very touching as it told the story of a young prince who had never left the palace. One day he snuck out to see the rest of his subjects in India. Much to his surprise he saw that many were sick, poor, and hungry. He could not believe that his parents had his him from all of this tragedy. From that day he vowed to leave the palace and never return, instead he would share the fate of the poor. After sometime he decided that he also needed to deny himself of food and water so he fasted for a long time. After having experienced great riches and great poverty he mediated on His life up to this point: he concluded that riches nor poverty bring happiness, riches, or good health: but a denial of worldly desires. He concluded that all men are one in the same and that to give to the poor is to become rich; to clothe the cold is to become warm; to heal the sick is to become well. After this enlightenment it is said that he had achieved Nirvana and was seen no more.
Now while Buddhism does not promote worship of any gods explicitly, and has a very moving story it must be matched against the teachings of Jesus. The Buddhist teachings do not explicitly go for or against the commands but, one must raise questions at the numerous statues of Buddha (very close to if not idolatry). And while denial off self and worldly pleasures to attain contentment sounds great: there is no ultimate answer to evil. And since this awakening can be accomplished through Christ Jesus: Buddhism is just an empty philosphy with false promises of being able to escape evil, judgement, and no correction of evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember looking into Buddhism myself and found that the story of Buddha was very touching as it told the story of a young prince who had never left the palace. One day he snuck out to see the rest of his subjects in India. Much to his surprise he saw that many were sick, poor, and hungry. He could not believe that his parents had his him from all of this tragedy. From that day he vowed to leave the palace and never return, instead he would share the fate of the poor. After sometime he decided that he also needed to deny himself of food and water so he fasted for a long time. After having experienced great riches and great poverty he mediated on His life up to this point: he concluded that riches nor poverty bring happiness, riches, or good health: but a denial of worldly desires. He concluded that all men are one in the same and that to give to the poor is to become rich; to clothe the cold is to become warm; to heal the sick is to become well. After this enlightenment it is said that he had achieved Nirvana and was seen no more.

my friend we are off topic now, according to the 10 commandments, number 2-thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the inquiry of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
So to hold in reference buddha or any likeliness of his image, or word is to take your mind and thought from God and pay heed to the teachings of the buddha.
this should not be done, it is heresy.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
my friend we are off topic now, according to the 10 commandments, number 2-thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the inquiry of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
So to hold in reference buddha or any likeliness of his image, or word is to take your mind and thought from God and pay heed to the teachings of the buddha.
this should not be done, it is heresy.
You misunderstand my point. The story was to show first the origins of Buddhism and the ignorance of many concerning it. This is why it is important to know yourself and your enemy: so that you will never lose a battle. I made clear in post #48 my conclusions concerning Buddhism.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was pagan before becoming a Christian. I sometimes miss my goddess.
Have you read the story of Jacob leaving Laban after having married Laban's 2 daughters? Laban chased after them because he wanted his idols back that one of his daughters had stolen. She was able to hid them because she professed female reasons as did you ... that's what made me think of it. They built there an altar to divide between what was Jacob's and what was his father-in-laws. Read Genesis 31, you may get something out of that.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that too many Christians misunderstand God to the point where they worship a golden calf that they think is God. it contradicts Gods command to not quench the spirit though the dangers in going past the boundaries that your fathers set is real. since so many fear I will go far far beyond the norms, thanks for the push and if I end up in hell then so be it for the saints also were not fearful of roasting in hell due to their love for God.

the flesh makes divisions but the spirit searches the deep things of God. study human biology and you will see that humans tend to pick something and then reject other things and hate people that are not as they are due to survival mechanisms such as disgust sensitivity. the Lord told us to not live according to the flesh.

James 4:1-8 (YLT)
Whence are wars and fightings among you? not thence--out of your passions, that are as soldiers in your members? ye desire, and ye have not; ye murder, and are zealous, and are not able to attain; ye fight and war, and ye have not, because of your not asking; ye ask, and ye receive not, because evilly ye ask, that in your pleasures ye may spend it . Adulterers and adulteresses! have ye not known that friendship of the world is enmity with God? whoever, then, may counsel to be a friend of the world, an enemy of God he is set. Do ye think that emptily the Writing saith, `To envy earnestly desireth the spirit that did dwell in us,' and greater grace he doth give, wherefore he saith, `God against proud ones doth set Himself up, and to lowly ones He doth give grace?' be subject, then, to God; stand up against the devil, and he will flee from you; draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you; cleanse hands, ye sinners! and purify hearts, ye two-souled!

1 John 4:17-19 (YLT)
In this made perfect hath been the love with us, that boldness we may have in the day of the judgment, because even as He is, we--we also are in this world; fear is not in the love, but the perfect love doth cast out the fear, because the fear hath punishment, and he who is fearing hath not been made perfect in the love; we--we love him, because He--He first loved us;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i have started to look into Buddhism as a philosophical way to help myself with my OCD mindfulness and meditation looking more at the mindfulness meditation my mental health has been good since starting this but i want to look even more deeper into Buddhism as a Christian Buddhist i have read that you can follow Buddhism and still follow your christian faith my mental health has gotten to the point where my husband has to lock the door and keep keys on himself to meds most of the time i am a danger to myself and others but the last week or so looking at this has helped me so much i am more positive and happy doing this i am still christian i still believe in Jesus , God and the Holy Spirit i still want to celebrate Christmas and Easter yet i feel a pull towards Buddhism i talk to one of my pastor who told me just to follow the meditation and the mindfulness i asked him if it ok for me to go and join a Buddhist meditation class and he said no i feel disappointed and upset that i cant follow this but what the problem with this i am still Christian Am still going to church every week am a member of the church voting member maybe i dont see why he said this can someone please explain not allowed to do this i am unable to talk to my pastor again until Tuesday he know i have mental health problems but he dont know how things are going since the last time i saw him i wanted to show him that Buddhism is a philosophical but i was unable to explain to him i know that most of you will say that Buddhism is new age and of the devil but really ??? saying things like that makes your go 1000 years backward where women who helped people with medicine where burt at the stake for being witches where black people where slaves are,nt we going too backwards with things like that its 2017
not that dark ages you know i feel some want angry and upset I AM A CHRISTIAN BUDDHIST weather people like it or not

unfortunately, most christians have turned out to be unprepared to help people well enough (at least for the last decades), and many people missing finding solution to their certain problems in christianity and elsewhere got caught up in and (were) converted to buddhism and other alternative faiths/religions, which usually offer a partial solution to some problems if not to all; however, there is a problem in following alternative faiths/religions, namely because they are founded/based on the satanic kingdom; what happens in that case is that certain manifestations of the "darkness" find a way to enter the world through people practicing the faith wrong, and the consequences of that are usually catastrophic for all humankind/world (or at least have been since the day of the Fall), or as St Paul says:

Romans 5:12-14 (KJV) "by one man(also: through the generation of the unrighteous spiritual workers/servants) sin(i.e. the devil as well as the system of spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness, a.k.a. the kingdom of the evil/wicked one) entered into the world, and death(i.e. and the (spirit of) deterioration) by sin; and so death passed upon all men(i.e. and so deterioration affected many humans), for that all have sinned(i.e. because many were seized by the system of (spiritual) unrighteousness/wickedness - some as its servants, others as its victims): For until the law sin was in the world(i.e. because the "darkness" was in the universe even before the nascence of human spirituality/religiosity): but sin is not imputed when there is no law(i.e. but there is no sin where there is no spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness). Nevertheless death(i.e. the deterioration) reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression(i.e. even over people that had not committed spiritual lawlessness/wickedness)"

of course i don't say that people committing spiritual lawlessness certainly die in no more than a few days, but there will be a judgment in the last day and the souls that committed great enough spiritual lawlessness to the last will be punished, and the punishment for that is eternal torments at least in the course of the circle of the eternity of eternities - of course i cannot explain everything in one post, but here i will try to explain the main things concerning great spiritual lawlessness

here is an explanation with pictures:

the "tree" that is beyond the "garden of Eden" and that has been forbidden by God, also called (the) "fig tree"(art image):

189fc681748972e007e700def9cd5c13.jpg

a human can "eat" from it by practicing occultism, esotericism, idolatry and, in general, unrighteous faith/spirituality/religion, but initially this happened in the form of the creed that for the last centuries has been known as yoga of krishna and patanjali

yoga as a "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the yogi(n) as cognizing/knowing and joining/uniting with it(art image):

00d95b05d3d607b22bc90f9d7b1f819b.jpg

the "third eye"(a.k.a. the sixth chakra) on the forehead of a female yogi(n) in the process of yoga(art image):

1187032_406389959462545_1080857987_n.jpg

this is a process that converts/turns the human(the practitioner) into a spiritual servant/worker of satan, while the culmination is their transformation into (complete) angels of satan

an yogi(n) in process of cosmic transcendental meditation and the so-called "chakras"(seven main satanic spirits)(art image):

chakra1.jpg

an yogi(n) in process of intensive and deep yoga meditation, there is a powerful prana(satanic force) unleashing in him(art image):

72516b588a84f5d0714e2eab8998314a.jpg

the peak culmination of yoga is when after an intensive, deep and long-standing meditation there occurs physical death for the yogi(n) and they resurrect in the "darkness" like the Lord, Jesus Christ, Who has (been) resurrected in the "Light", so the yogi(n) turns into a complete angel of satan mastering/having powers for great signs and wonders even on a cosmic scale with/through which a maximum number of people to be misled/deceived/lied, including various types of wisdom, omnipresence, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, materialization, dematerialization, etc.

a complete angel of satan showing great signs and wonders on a cosmic scale (in this case cosmic nebulas, supernova or other cosmic phenomena)(art image):

103a8ff24af63bf8e89b8f9b65a5f681.jpg

the kingdom of satan (whose structure consists of many occult realms) can exist for no more than 5-6 millennia as from the day of the Fall (which was soon after the seventh day), then there will be a full destruction of it and all that inhabit it

of course this doesn't mean that there has been no great spiritual lawlessness/wickedness also in large part of the hitherto prevailing christianity, albeit not through the disciplines of yoga that have been taught for the last centuries, but, after all, the religious worshipers should conform with the Holy Law of the One Who is really the true God, because there have also been satanic equivalents of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit known for example as sat-cit-ananda in the vedic religions...

Blessings

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think that too many Christians misunderstand God to the point where they worship a golden calf that they think is God. it contradicts Gods command to not quench the spirit though the dangers in going past the boundaries that your fathers set is real. since so many fear I will go far far beyond the norms, thanks for the push and if I end up in hell then so be it for the saints also were not fearful of roasting in hell due to their love for God.

the flesh makes divisions but the spirit searches the deep things of God. study human biology and you will see that humans tend to pick something and then reject other things and hate people that are not as they are due to survival mechanisms such as disgust sensitivity. the Lord told us to not live according to the flesh.

James 4:1-8 (YLT)
Whence are wars and fightings among you? not thence--out of your passions, that are as soldiers in your members? ye desire, and ye have not; ye murder, and are zealous, and are not able to attain; ye fight and war, and ye have not, because of your not asking; ye ask, and ye receive not, because evilly ye ask, that in your pleasures ye may spend it . Adulterers and adulteresses! have ye not known that friendship of the world is enmity with God? whoever, then, may counsel to be a friend of the world, an enemy of God he is set. Do ye think that emptily the Writing saith, `To envy earnestly desireth the spirit that did dwell in us,' and greater grace he doth give, wherefore he saith, `God against proud ones doth set Himself up, and to lowly ones He doth give grace?' be subject, then, to God; stand up against the devil, and he will flee from you; draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you; cleanse hands, ye sinners! and purify hearts, ye two-souled!

1 John 4:17-19 (YLT)
In this made perfect hath been the love with us, that boldness we may have in the day of the judgment, because even as He is, we--we also are in this world; fear is not in the love, but the perfect love doth cast out the fear, because the fear hath punishment, and he who is fearing hath not been made perfect in the love; we--we love him, because He--He first loved us;
In response to you first statement before the video clip: the subject of this thread is not about you but, about answering this sisters question concerning Buddhism being able to mix with Christianity. And no one has pushed you to go past the boundaries of God but, Satan alone who crossed them first. And the saints did not hope to burn in hell for their faith: they chose to die in order to be in the New heaven and earth.

In response to the video the image portrays Shiva the Hindu Goddess of Death; the shirt gives a loving welcome to Hell; and the lyrics speak of the one entering bow in down be for the ruler of Hell. You have a chance to humble your pride now before God decided when to seal your fate.

As for the scriptures you cited neither have any place in this thread. The first concerns the origins of evil which breaking the tenth commandment which prohibits coveting what belongs to another. And the second passage deals with the issue of fear and love: mainly that if one's love of God is true then there is no fear in being punished for sin nor, fear for keeping the commands of God in the Law of Moses.

Upvote 0

EllenP

Oct 8, 2017
Jurupa Valley, California
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EllenP

Oct 8, 2017
Jurupa Valley, California
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose with 53 responses before mine, someone has already explained why practicing Buddhism is in conflict with practicing Christianity. So may I simply ask, would it be possible for you to embrace the concept of mindfulness without embracing Buddhism? What I like about mindfulness - which helped me a great deal when I was facing physical health challenges - was to live in the moment. I saw ways I could incorporate faith into that, for instance any of the more than 300 verses that say not to fear.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose with 53 responses before mine, someone has already explained why practicing Buddhism is in conflict with practicing Christianity. So may I simply ask, would it be possible for you to embrace the concept of mindfulness without embracing Buddhism? What I like about mindfulness - which helped me a great deal when I was facing physical health challenges - was to live in the moment. I saw ways I could incorporate faith into that, for instance any of the more than 300 verses that say not to fear.

it is a delicate situation, simply put " if ye love me, you will keep my commandments [John 14:15-21]
so i will say this, if you can keep your loyalty and faith to God and God alone, i do not see anything wrong in theory with practicing a meditative mindfulness, for after all, prayer (can be viewed) as a form of meditation which is projected to God

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Mindfulness is literally the process of being mindful. Mindfulness is not wrong in and of itself. The question is what are you being mindful of? Still it is important to educate oneself on the meaning of words as Satan will not always outright tell you to sin or disobey God. Mindfulness is a subtle introduction into things like meditation, yoga, etc. until you find yourself locked into something sinful. Yoga for example literally means 'to join' or 'union' yet, what is one joining themselves to? It is important to know what Jesus teaches and what the wolrd doctrines teach; compare what the world has to offer with what Jesus offers and ask:

What is missing?
What is the same?
Does it answer evil?
Does it explain the origins of all things?
Does it explain the end of all things?

From here one may determine which is true and which is false; that which leads to life and which leads to death. For an example of how I applied this read my comment on Post #48 of this thread.

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i believe you can "cherry pick" certain practices of buddhism while still remaining a true christian, but i do not see how it is possible to completely adhere to the teachings and way of life of practicing buddhism while adhering to and following the teachings of Christ, there will be too many discrepancies and contradictions. i make no refute or rebuttal to any post on this thread, i only feel it isn't possible.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In response to you first statement before the video clip: the subject of this thread is not about you but, about answering this sisters question concerning Buddhism being able to mix with Christianity. And no one has pushed you to go past the boundaries of God but, Satan alone who crossed them first. And the saints did not hope to burn in hell for their faith: they chose to die in order to be in the New heaven and earth.

the saints did not care if God sent them to hell because they have faith in him and they casted out fear which is something that the OP seems to have a lot of and one of the reasons why i reacted as I did. another reason I reacted as I did were some other peoples post in this thread.

In response to the video the image portrays Shiva the Hindu Goddess of Death; the shirt gives a loving welcome to Hell; and the lyrics speak of the one entering bow in down be for the ruler of Hell. You have a chance to humble your pride now before God decided when to seal your fate.

you are incorrect but that series of games does make characters based on various religions and the person who makes those games is influenced by certain angels of heaven just as anything that is good is affected by the Father of lights.

contemplation of the matter will give you whatever angel or devil you can hear and take heed to. there are numerous positive ways to understand that song just as you know that you can find truths in other religions.

here are some verses defending both my position and the OP, though she might choose not to reap of whatever goods God has hidden in buddhism and she does not need it either because she is Gods child.

Ps 139:8 (KJV)
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Eph 4:6 (YLT)
one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all,

Acts 17:24-28 (YLT)
`God, who did make the world, and all things in it, this One, of heaven and of earth being Lord, in temples made with hands doth not dwell, neither by the hands of men is He served--needing anything, He giving to all life, and breath, and all things; He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth--having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings-- to seek the Lord, if perhaps they did feel after Him and find, --though, indeed, He is not far from each one of us, for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Phil 4:8 (ESV2011)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

As for the scriptures you cited neither have any place in this thread. The first concerns the origins of evil which breaking the tenth commandment which prohibits coveting what belongs to another. And the second passage deals with the issue of fear and love: mainly that if one's love of God is true then there is no fear in being punished for sin nor, fear for keeping the commands of God in the Law of Moses.

they have plenty of place in this thread and your understanding of X scripture is certainly not the only authority on the matter nor the end all be all to the depths of wisdom God puts in a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.