Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that hindering is not overpowering will even temporarily? If he willed to visit but couldnt isnt that being overpowered by the enemy? Or do you mean overpowered and power over are different?

I was just hoping to get some clarification.

yes, that is what I am saying. Satan has no authority to override man's free will unless man surrenders it to him.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am curious if sinning, and satan taking a foothold the same as satan having power over us?

Case study Ananias and Sapphira and 1 Cor 5

If the enemy comes to steal, kill and distroy...do you have to willfully say yes you can steal, kill and distroy me or does he do so as a thief does without permission?

Case study John 10:10

What about forgetting to put on all the armour for the battle we are fighting and we get some battle wounds. Is forgetting armour the same thing as relinquishing power?

Case study Eph 6

If the enemy is a lion waiting to devour...what is keeping him at bay? Our will or the Lord? Does the Lord allow the enemy to enter us like Judas? I recognize this happened before crusifixion.

Some examples i am hoping you shed light on please. I understand Col 2 :13-15.

yes, when we sin, we relinquish our will to Satan at least a little bit. keeping him at bay is seeking cover in Christ, where the Light dispels the darkness.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
yes, when we sin, we relinquish our will to Satan at least a little bit. keeping him at bay is seeking cover in Christ, where the Light dispels the darkness.

Many children of the Most High God have an incredible amount of protection of which most are ignorant. Sinning doesn't make a satan rule over our lives (especially not for eternity), but it could make holes in the fortress already set up for us. Any trial we go through is something allowed for our growth; the enemy doesn't do one iota of what it wants to do - even in the most heavy of trials for us.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Many children of the Most High God have an incredible amount of protection of which most are ignorant. Sinning doesn't make a satan rule over our lives (especially not for eternity), but it could make holes in the fortress already set up for us. Any trial we go through is something allowed for our growth; the enemy doesn't do one iota of what it wants to do - even in the most heavy of trials for us.

yes, Satan only rules in our hearts when we open the door to the fortress and let him in. sinning opens holes in our walls where he can mess with us.

nice analogy

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And when we attend Dodgers games

yes, Satan only rules in our hearts when we open the door to the fortress and let him in. sinning opens holes in our walls where he can mess with us.

nice analogy

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aren’t you from Pennsylvania!? Not a Phillies or Pirates fan!?

yes, I am a proud son of the Keystone State. but no. I have tried to enjoy watching baseball, but to no avail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I guess!? For me, football or basketball doesn’t hold a candle to Giants baseball!!
Football is fine. Basketball at least is fast played...but baseball...I am a guest in this forum so I will say no more, except that I much prefer the fast paced, heavy hitting sport of ice hockey.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even with H2O (Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt) you didn’t get into the Phillies!?!?

yes, I am a proud son of the Keystone State. but no. I have tried to enjoy watching baseball, but to no avail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Much more interesting my butt!!:mad::mad::rolleyes:
Please forgive me.

I like to watch the baseball highlights on the evening news, if that shows any chance of redemption?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A bunch of guys going in circles scoring once every hour and a half knocking teeth out and haplessly pounding away at each other in a freezing meat locker vs. America’s Past time....meh

But if I must—-Go Sharks!

Football is fine. Basketball at least is fast played...but baseball...I am a guest in this forum so I will say no more, except that I much prefer the fast paced, heavy hitting sport of ice hockey.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A bunch of guys going in circles scoring once every hour and a half knocking teeth out and haplessly pounding away at each other in a freezing meat locker vs. America’s Past time....meh

But if I must—-Go Sharks!
Sadly, they (mostly) stopped knocking teeth out in the ‘70s. While I sympathize with those who lost teeth, hockey was a lot more exciting back in those days...

Upvote 0