• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can I Stop Intrusive Thoughts? OCD Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

HappyChicken

Domestic Egg Executive
Nov 11, 2007
Indiana
✟8,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust me, as a fellow OCD'er.... THAT IS OCD in its PRIME... I have had this condition for years. I have recently found great help through my meds. and reading the Bible. Try your hardest to refuse to let that fear you. I know that sounds silly. But the more you practice not giving in, the easier it will become.

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! To fellow Christians, please read the entire story below – thanks!

I have an OCD for almost 7 years already. For the first three years, it was purely Compulsions (no obsessive thoughts or whatnot). It simply disappeared or became very subtle during my college years (next four years). It resurfaced just late this month – not as Compulsions – but as Obsessions.

I have been terrified and fearful because of the on-going war (OCD) on my head for the past two weeks, but when I read in the Net that those (the uncontrollable thoughts) are forgivable, I was greatly relieved – however, my OCD started branching out into different directions – like trying to cancel out the incoming blasphemous thoughts by thinking about it and thinking about the “not” after it – that sort of cancels it. One thing, however, that happened, is that it became furiously out of control, and maybe at times, it is me who initiates those thoughts – not an obsession, but probably a real thought – by me. This adds to my guilt and fear that maybe I have committed the unforgivable sin – because it just happens that I think about those blasphemous thoughts and the word “not” (to cancel it) not actually to cancel an incoming blasphemous thought, but just because it became a habit.

While the occasional obsessions or unwanted thoughts that spring out of the OCD mind (regardless of how blasphemous they are) are universally accepted as forgivable, there are some modifications in my OCD that I think may lead or may even be THE unpardonable sin:

1. As stated above, I cancel incoming blasphemous thoughts by thinking about them and the word “not” subsequently. Sometimes though, I forget to think about the word “not”. And what’s worse – it just became sort of a habit to me – thinking about blasphemous thoughts and the word “not” and sometimes forgetting to say the word “not”.

2. I was sitting on my bed yesterday, when suddenly a thought popped out of my mind – I do not know if it was indeed mine or of the OCD – it just sort of popped. It was a blasphemous thought, and then I said (thought) “not” seconds after to cancel that. Was it indeed canceled?

3. Later, wanting to check if I really did that, I tried to repeat what happened – and through this, I repeated the blasphemous thought and forgot to say “not” – which I did thought of only 5 seconds after.

4. When I was going to sleep, my head was suddenly filled with the urge (again, I don’t know if the urge was mine or the OCD’s – AND I’M REALLY AFRAID BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE MINE) to think about a thought like this: “[The blasphemy]…[not]” (Given this, the blasphemy is canceled, right?), so I thought about it. Then something just went to my mind - an urge to think about the word “not” (This cancels the initial one, thus making the blasphemy true) – I thought about it, to my horror. I did not know why I thought about it – or why did I have such an urge to do so. I immediately repeated the word “not” after a few seconds. – so I went to sleep extremely guilty and fearful.

5. As I was getting up from bed the next day, another blasphemous thought happened (I don’t know if it was me or the OCD which started it) – I thought about the word “not” – canceling the blasphemy…

6. But then, it was followed by another, which is another bad blasphemy, after which I thought “not” again – but suddenly it morphed from a blasphemy to one which is, well, still a blasphemy, but with a word “not” inserted in it – I was still canceling the first thought with my “nots” when this second thought (to which the first one morphed into) appeared– and since the second one had a “not”, when I think about the word “not” again, it would make the blasphemy true. The problem with this, is that since I’m half-asleep and half-awake, I was still thinking repeatedly about the word “not” to cancel the first blasphemy when this second thought happened – making this second blasphemy true (to my extreme horror).

7. I was going to the bank to pay some dues during 10 AM when I had the same thoughts again with #6 (above). However, the initial blasphemy, after I canceled it by thinking about the word “not”, was again morphed (I don’t know if it was me or my OCD – I really don’t know) – into another blasphemy, sporting a word “not” after it – which effectively cancels it. However, as I was still caught with the initial thought, I kept on repeating the word “not” in my head to cancel it (like the situatin above), even when the second thought (containing the word “not” in it) appeared – which, again, effectively makes the blasphemy true. Thing is, the “not” word has been repeated several times, which makes me doubt whether or not I’ve canceled these thoughts (same with # 6, above).

If it is possible, please answer per item if those thoughts indeed are the UNPARDONABLE sin (or if it was canceled) and if you had experiences with this. Did you have experiences of these?

What really makes me worried is that – maybe God has abandoned me or maybe He would not forgive me – or worse, maybe I am really meant to go to hell someday.

I am due to take the Medical Entrance Examinations in the coming weeks, and if these feelings inside me persisted, I fear that I might not make the grade that I need – I couldn’t even study well or process information at this point. On the other hand, I also have a worry that I might have committed the unpardonable sin.

I’m an honest Christian; I don’t do drugs or stuff like that. I’ve been brought up in a Bible-believing Christian family (dad is Baptist, mom is Evangelical), and my parents do Mission work. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and in the Bible. And of course, I’ve seen God work through my life before this resurgence of my OCD. That’s it – but then, I’m dead worried that I might not be go to Heaven someday, or that God might not help me in the upcoming Medicine Entrance Examinations and stuff like that because of the stuff I mentioned above.

One thing I’m sure of is that I’m totally a wreck right now – keeping on thinking if I’m still saved – and those situations (urges) above, particularly Numbers 1-7, might actually be a product of my VERY OWN thinking (not of the OCD) – leading to unpardonable sin. I am deeply worried right now – I don’t even have joy. Maybe I won’t be happy again in my entire life. I can’t even distinguish between my very own thoughts and that of the OCD – maybe I have been all along committing the Unpardonable Sin.

[After two weeks of these intense OCD in my head, my OCD symptoms are gradually starting to clear up (thank God!), but I still don’t know if I have committed the unpardonable sin and if I’m going to Heaven someday.

I would also like to know if you also had problems distinguishing between your own thoughts and that of the OCD.
Thanks and God Bless!

Upvote 0

jc9992

Oct 2, 2006
Florida
✟7,946.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Actually your experience is very very common,and i know what you mean about "canceling" the thoughts.Ive been through that.

You mentioned that you had thoughts that caused you to think they might lead you to actually commiting the sin one day.that is the devil putting those thoughts into your head so that will say or think them intentionally and eventually enjoy and in the end commit the sin.

so have you committed it?
no.but be on your guard.

Upvote 0

marcb

May 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually your experience is very very common,and i know what you mean about "canceling" the thoughts.Ive been through that.

You mentioned that you had thoughts that caused you to think they might lead you to actually commiting the sin one day.that is the devil putting those thoughts into your head so that will say or think them intentionally and eventually enjoy and in the end commit the sin.

so have you committed it?
no.but be on your guard.

I am sorry, but I would like to take this opportunity to share an opinion as a friend in Christ that differs from this one. I am only motivated to respond because I think intimating that this is from the devil and that we as disciples are at risk for such a mortal sin can provoke fear.

"For [we] did not receive a spirit that makes [us] a slave again to fear, but [we] received the Spirit of sonship." Romans 8:15.

I honestly don't know if the devil uses ocd to mess with us, but I will say that I don't think the devil has any interest in my other ocd symptoms:

I will say with fairly good accuracy that the devil did not make me:

1. Check the door to make sure it was locked.
2. Wash my hands again.
3. Think that something horrible would happen because of a random thought.
4. Afraid of contracting a horrible disease by shaking somebody's hand.

I get into enough trouble without the devil's help. When I think he's behind my thoughts I get more scared and spin harder into risk for blasphemous thoughts.

The devil has no claim over us. He stands condemned.

Remember, we are treating a disorder. I don't think meds, exercise, and therapy would work on the devil. We know they work on ocd.

The devil cannot un-Christianize a Christian:

Jesus' words in John 10:

27"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[d]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

Paul's words inspired by the Holy Spirit in Ephesians 1:

13"In [Christ] you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him,were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who isthe guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

I pray that you realize my motivation was not to offend or correct, but to offer another opinion.

In Christ,

Marc

Upvote 0

patricehaney

Nov 27, 2007
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

My honest opinion is this. Three years ago this started with me having
blaspheming thoughts against God in my mind. I tried and tried and tried to
overcome it. I prayed and begged God to deliver me from this, over and over
and over all to no avail. I talked to 2 different preachers and asked for
help. They prayed for me. I then started trying to make the bad thoughts
good
thoughts by changing the bad word to a good word. It was the only way I
could
cope.

I seeked outside help. Went thru a OCD treatment program but it didn't work
for me because this has become a sin for me. It's me cursing God in my own
mind and I don't even believe I love God anymore.

Several psychiatrist told me I had OCD but I didn't
believe in OCD I believed it was satan planting the thoughts in my mind.
Then
as I began to change the bad thoughts to good thoughts consistently over and
over and over until it was ruminating in my mind constantly like a record
player that was stuck. Then as I began to continue to have the bad thoughts
I
began to get scared and afraid, very very afraid. I then began to anlayze
the
thoughts trying to find a way out. Trying not to think them. I did this so
much that my mind was constantly filled with it to the point I could no
longer stop the thoughts and instead of being able to make them good I began
to curse God myself. My emotions were in a constant turmoil

I would read the bible and become so afraid. Whatever I read in the bible
not
to do I would then do in my mind. This has gotten so bad that I'm to the
point of saying
I f the holy spirit, I f the holy ghost, f u to God, I worship satan, f u to
Jesus, calling Jesus a bastard, f the blood over and over and over just like
a broken record. It's not OCD, it's me. I want to kill myself and I"ve been
serious thinking about it. I can't reach God even when I try and pray I curse
him and curse him and curse him.

This got so bad that I went into the hospital for 3 weeks and had ECT's
done,
electro shock treatments. It was supposed to erase my short term memory and
take the thoughts away. It didn't work. I was so scared, afraid because I
knew what I had done and that I had crossed the line. I wanted to commit
suicide. I have known that I am the one comitting the sin against God, on
purpose, intentionally. Whatever makes me miserable is what my mind goes to.
I lost all serious of eternity and the spiritualness of it all. No matter
what I do I can't seem to make up my mind that I am going to let these
thoughts go and be committed the God. I'm to the point of being lost forever.

Two weeks ago I went into the hospital and had 6 more ECT's done. I almost
committed suicide. Once I got out of the hospital I was feeling a little
better and had a plan in place I was going to fast to get rid of this demon
spirit that I was convinced is in me causing these thoughts. I had started
smoking again and was really struggling with fasting because I knew I had to
quit smoking again. I kept putting it off day after day then I started
falling back into the same pattern of the thoughts again.

I made the mistake of reading the bible one night and read the section about
"committing the sin unto death" the one about blaspheming the holy spirit
and
holy ghost. This particular sin has been my greatest fear for the last three
years that I've been living with this. I'm not sure what happened but I'm
guessing that satan tempted me to start cursing the hs and hg in my mind. I
started repeating the thoughts I f the hs and I f the hg in my mind over and
over and over and over. I couldn't stop it even when I did try. My body
craves misery.

I once again have become miserable and very sick. I lay in bed and am
miserable because I'm so
afraid of what I've done. The thoughts are such a temptation to me, I"m
addicted to them.

Now I wonder if I have committed the unforgiveable sin. Even when I try not
to do it I do it anyway. Keith my husband says it's part of my sickness.
That
the reason I want to entertain the thoughts is because my body is addicted
to
the misery of the emotions I am constantly in. I know this makes sense but I
don't believe it does not make me not guilty of committing these sins. I
know
better than to sin in this way so that makes me guilty. What makes this so
very hard for me is I have no love for God, no respect for God, little fear
of God, and no inner emotions of love and desire for him. This makes it very
very hard to try and overcome your thoughts even if you know their wrong
when
you have nothing on the inside to help you fight it. I've thought many many
times about fasting and even believe that God gave me a chance to fast a few
days ago but I kept putting it off and now I've committed these sins against
ths hs and hg and I"m not sure I can be forgiven. The other problem is being
able to control my mind to stop the cursings so I can ask for forgiveness. I
can't even pray without the cursing thoughts being there. I've given ino
them
and I am the one who has sinned against God and committed these horrible
sins. God knows all about my wickedness. I know I kept thinking oh I can be
forgiven if I just repent, but this didn't help me to stop the cursings. Now
I hate to say this but I'm to the point I just want to kill myself so I can
stop going thru this. I"m scared of God, I"m scared I've went to far. I'm
scared I can't overcome this even if I try. I've lost all respect for him.
I'm petrified of admitting that I know for sure that I have said I f the hs
and hg in my mind to God. I wish there was no unforgiveable sin.

You see how complex this is. I do know in the beginning I gave it everything
I had to overcome this. I prayed and prayed and prayed, I begged God to
deliver me. I was so sad for such a long time because I wanted to go to
church like everyone else and live for God, praise him and have a
relationship with him and couldn't do it. I cried and cried and cried. I
went
thru a period of hating God because he allowed this to happen to me. I tried
so hard and believed that I wasn't being given a fair chance that no matter
what I did it didn't matter. I finally gave up after about 2.5 years of it
and just quit going to church, but I didn't stop trying to overcome it
because I am so afraid and I know deep down I don't want these thoughts in my
mind. I wish I could come up with something to grasp in me that says no
matter what I am going to give these thoughts up. I've tried fear, I've tried
telling myself that God loves me, I've tried telling myself that this is
serious and if I die today I am going to hell. I've tried everything I can
think of. The preachers are so tired of talking to me, they won't even email
me back anymore.

I analyzed it and analyzed it but I just kept falling into the tempation of
the
sin until I'm where I'm at today.

The mistake I made was asking for help from the pastors and at times when I
could have probably been forgiven I didn't choose to repent and try and live
for God. By then I was deep into the sin and I also had begun drinking. I
would drink at home while cleaning house almost a 12 pack of beer. I then
became addicted to alcohol and used it to self medicate my depression. I've
been on more drugs than you can imagine and have spent thousands of dollars
on psychiatrist, counselors and doctors.

This is pretty much the complete story. The question is can I repent of the
sin, is their any chance at all that God will forgive me for blaspheming the
hs and hg in my mind? Can I be REAL with God and truly seek him without
cursing him. It's almost as if this is a game and not even REAL to me.

I have two problems, one is I"m sinning against God the second is I do think
that Keith is right about me struggling because I'm fighting the addiction
to
the misery emotions. Do I really have OCD? This would be great for me to
believe so I can take the blame off of myself. Deep down inside of me I know
I am guilty of the cursings, all of them. When I try and think of Jesus
dying
on the cross for me I even have the thougths of so f what. You see how bad
this is?

I feel like there is no hope I've tried it all to no avail. I"m still sick, I
want to die, I really do but I don't want to go to hell. I want to kill
myself to get away from the misery but at the same time I dont' want to die.
I used to love God so much, I even had the gift of the holy ghost and now I
curse it. God will never forgive me I belong to satan now. I know I do.
Thanks for your web site at least for someone to talk to.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

I feel like there is no hope I've tried it all to no avail. I"m still sick, I
want to die, I really do but I don't want to go to hell. I want to kill
myself to get away from the misery but at the same time I dont' want to die.
I used to love God so much, I even had the gift of the holy ghost and now I
curse it. God will never forgive me I belong to satan now. I know I do.
Thanks for your web site at least for someone to talk to.
You still love God. You need therapy. It's called "exposure/response."

Christ is the author and perfector of your faith.
I've been where you are....I know what you are feeling. It is a scary place. Please talk to your doctors about that which I just told you about.

You can get well....I am living proof! I had 8yrs of the hell you are talking about before I even was diagnosed.

Do not give up. God loves you with an everlasting love. Stop analyzing this situation....you will NEVER figure it out. No one with OCD can figure it out. God understands OCD....He's bigger than all of it. :hug:

From one who has been there,
seajoy

Upvote 0

marcb

May 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am SO sorry everybody.i was rushing when i typed the words and typed the wrong thing:(

what i meant was that the devil tries to take advantage of ocd and scare us with religous things.but its really ocd.im really sorry:(

Please don't worry. We are all here for one another....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

walloffire

Oct 4, 2007
✟970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

dig it? ok. now, don't get confused.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

dig it? ok. now, don't get confused.
What on earth is this all about? You trying to scare the daylights out of folks? Please explain.

The folks here in this forum have OCD...not a problem with God. It is a disorder. Niether condemnation or too much reassurance helps. Just good ol' fashioned exposure/response therapy, and a wonderful God who understands OCD.

seajoy :)

Upvote 0

HeatherG

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Patrice, (((Hugs))).
My heart goes out to you for the depth of the pain you are suffering from this severe OCD. Know that I am praying for you, as are many others who have read your post I'm sure.

I would like to share one thing with you. All of us on this board want nothing more than to know for sure that we are forgiven, to know we haven't committed the unpardonable sin. We spend a great deal of our time chasing after that reassurance, analysing our thoughts, wondering which parts are from us and which are from OCD, checking and rechecking, sometimes with a glimmer of hope, many times in despair. In the end, this fact remains: we can never know the answer in this life. We are not the judges of our own destiny. God is. And we can trust Him not to make the wrong decision. He knows absolutely intimately where our thoughts are from and He will make the absolute perfect, just, merciful decision for each of us, whether we spend 24 hours a day analysing ourselves or not. This is something to hold on to.

The turning point for me came when I came to that realization that there was really nothing more I could do but leave it to God, trusting in His mercy. When the need to stop fighting it diminished, so did the anxiety, and so did the thoughts. I made a decision: even if I am going to hell, I will serve Him in this life anyway. The fact remains that Jesus loved me enough to die for me, and even if I have somehow messed up my forgiveness, I want to know God in this life. I started to worry that God might hate me for my presumptuousness in thinking that I could continue to follow Him when I had sinned so grievously against Him, but then I thought again: what would God want me to do, turn my back on Him or live to please Him? Besides, what a waste of my life it would be if I really was forgiven after all and spent my whole life ruminating about whether I was going to hell. So I decided not to think about it any more but to leave it fully in God's hands and step out in faith to follow Him.

This was just over a year ago. I had suffered from this type of OCD for 16 years. Over the next few months something amazing happened. Slowly but surely the thoughts disappeared. At the same time I prayed for myself in a way I had never done before, claiming in faith His healing for my OCD. Sometimes the thoughts would come again and I would think it hadn't worked. I also learned to ignore the thoughts and not react to them, a bit like exposure/response therapy. It took me by surprise when I suddenly realized that I had hardly had an OCD thought in weeks. I still kept worrying it was going to return, but month after month passed with nothing. Now it has been more than a year. I had been in the depths of despair for 16 years and I could hardly believe that God had healed me. It's the sort of thing that happens to other people. Even more amazingly, I have experienced the joy and peace of God's presence again and found Him speaking to me through His Word. This has actually given me the assurance that I craved for so long, just when I had stopped looking for it.

I am not saying your struggles will disappear in an instant. It may take time. It may well also take medical help and exposure/response therapy. But have hope that God is so, so merciful and He is able to bring you through this. Our forgiveness never was about what we could do but about Jesus' amazing grace and love in redeeming us on that cross. Don't give up.

Heather

Upvote 0

childofgod57

Oct 2, 2007
✟7,886.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
think ive already posted in this thread but ill repeat it,blasphemy against the holy spirit is not cursing against it with words or indeed thoughts,especially so if the person suffers a mental illness,blasphemy against it is an outright rejection of the holy ghost when he comes to you to abide with you,obviously somebody who did that would need to be pretty evil to say no in the first place - the 2 converts who lied about the collection in the new testament and were struck down dead had REJECTED the holy spirit,instead they lined their own pockets when told what what was required of them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeatherG

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless you HeatherG!

This is so weird but your approach to ending the struggle is the exact same as mine!with the same results!

i too just decided to put full faith in God and now i feel his presence and know that he does love and blesses me.:)

jc9992, I'm so glad to hear God has brought you through this too! He is at work! How awesome our God is!!!:clap:
Heather

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're right, Heather G though I believe that God forgives everyone with OCD as long as the thoughts suddenly came out. From your posts, I feel that God has already forgiven you - I mean, your healing is a miracle from God - and answered prayers are marks of a Christian. Besides, one guy here is right - in Romans, there is a verse that says like this: "Once youve accepted Jesus Christ, there will be NOTHING that can separate you from Salvation". Come to think of it - if you are NOT against God, then you are FOR God. So, if you are FOR God, then you will go to HEAVEN someday. THat's what I think.

However, my problem is that I annot distinguish my thoughts from that of the OCD symptoms.

I know, that maybe I've already done the unpardonable sin, but the underlying thought is that - even if Ive done it (directly or indirectly because of the OCD) - it is not what my heart dictates. God judges us from the heart - being the Creator of everything, he will surely judge fairly. These symptoms I've been xperiencing just came 2 weeks ago - it was a relapse from the OCD Ive been havng for 6 years (though during the past, it was always the Compulsion type).

..Of course, the biggest question is, IS THERE SUCH A THING AS THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN?
Rather than ask it (acording to a a website), paraphrase it to: "IS THERE A SIN TOO GREAT THAT CHRIST;S DEATH CAN'T EVEN PAY?" or "IS THERE SUCH A SIN THAT CAN SEPARATE US FROM GOD's LOVE?"
If you stand by the Bible, I guess the answer is NONE, right? Besides, that website also said that Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees with the Law of Moses being enforced.

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My problems lately are not with the uncontrollable thoughts. Rather, it is with the things I do to counteract them. Before, as with others here, we control the thoughts by thinking about the word "not".

thAT's happened to me too, until it dawned on me to pre-empt the thoughts by thinking about the obsession and subsequently thinking about the "not" word after the obsession. Either intentional or unintentional, the "not" or several "nots" word in an English sentence effectively cancels out the thought anyway. This helps sometimes.

My problem is that lately, I sometimes forget to append the word "not" after I pre-empt those thoughts. Or that an impulse would have me think about several "nots" eventually culminating in a sentence that will make the blasphemy/obsession true. However, this sort of became a habit - probably independent (or dependent) from the OCD - I just suddenly feel the urge to do so. Just now, I've had two another pre-empted thoughts, I haven't been sure if I've appended "nots" to them. If not, probably that's another blasphemy - which adds to my surmounting conscience.

ALSO, lately, a thought pops in my head and I can't distinguish if it belongs to me or to the OCD - which leads me to wonder if I really did it or not.

Does having OCD make you angry against God?
I'm worried about someday going to that part of my life. I mean, being a person of my age, this is the best time of my life - I'm too happy, enthusiastic, and feeling blessed - this is the time I'm beginning to feel contented about my life, realizing the blessings that GOd gave to me. In my mind, I'm going to be the happiest person on earth: by God's grace and mercy, I feel that I have everything I can ever need or want - and that most of all, I have the BLessed Assurance of Salvation. Then suddenly, the OCD strikes (just 2 weeks ago), the fun stops, and the enthusiasm becomes depression. I mean, I'm already on the way to recovery right now, but the past two weeks of my life have created doubts of my Salvation - of my eligibility to Heaven and being with God someday. Worst of all, I'm going to have a Med school entrance test and of course I want God to help me (and this OCD also affects my chance of getting in) - and I badly want my old life back. This Christmas probably isn't going to be very merry.

I'm a recent Psychology graduate, by the way, and this is the first time I've gone to details of OCD (by reading these links because of my disorder). What's a "spike" anyway? I've already counseled two introvert people, and I've had several patients with Schizophrenia, Asperger's Disorder, Autism, and the like (all are Neuropsychiatric Conditions) - all of them are Christians too. SOmetimes I have questions in my mind, like why Christians? I mean, if you're a Schizo Christian, OK, if you're an Autistic Christian, that's cool - you have worries and you know that God is with you (PSalm 23), and you realize, yeah, this"s right. But being a Christian and an OCD Patient is hard - first, the disorder sets an illusion of a border between you and God - then second, because of the additional contraptions (like devising a plan I had above to counter the effects) - these can lead to actually committing the unpardonable sin (if there is such a thing in the present) either intentionally or unintentionally. And finally, it seems that there is no hope of redemption anymore - either mentally or spiritually. What are your thoughts about thi?

Upvote 0

jc9992

Oct 2, 2006
Florida
✟7,946.00
Faith
Pentecostal
PARCmd let me tell you something.There IS an unpardonable sin,however NO-body on this OCD board has committed it.i repeat NOBODY.

You mentioned that somebody could blaspheme unintentionally.You are WRONG.right after Jesus mentioned blasphemy he specifically said "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".in otherwords you CANNOT unintentionally commit blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.it comes straight from your heart.

Thats like saying somebody accidentally committed premeditated murder.now that doesnt make sense does it?

Somebody who blasphemes the Holy Spirit sees the work of the Holy Spirit,feels the presence of God, and knows that He works miracles.But will not accept it and decides in their heart that they want to fight AGAINST God.So they DELIBERATLEY,HATEFULLY,WILLFULLY,and MALICIOUSLY misinterpret and slander the Holy Spirit.

Now please tell me.Does that sound like an accident?

The Pharissees didnt want forgiveness,they hated God and they crucified Him.If it was possible that we could blaspheme on accident then EVERY Christian in the world is just a second away from slipping......on accident.Come on,would God want us to live like that?Scared of our very own minds?the answer to that is.NO....NO.NO.and NO.

I hope this helps you.

God bless.

Upvote 0