Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can He still come and live in me through the Holy Spirit again? I once received the Holy Spirit through a pastor's prayers (over the congregation)...
Negative feelings and ideas can be very convincing. Trust God to be our Good Judge, who decides what to do with each of us.

I can not guarantee that you really received the Holy Spirit, in that situation.

And you know it was wrong to go after the guy. So, be glad you know that was wrong.

And I am sure Satan would want you to think there is no hope for you, so you would just give up and do what Satan wants.

But Jesus suffered and died for you; so Jesus is committed to you being blessed. Do not let Satan speak for Jesus!!!!

So, I would say trust Jesus to do what He knows He wants to do with you. And keep your forgiving of others up-to-date, and have mercy and compassion for other people.

And yes feelings for some guy can feel very convincing > while you don't even know him!!!! And worry also can be a pathological liar, very convincing.

But we can be quiet with God. God is not silent, but He is quiet and sensitive and personal with us, in His tender and gentle and quiet love. We can share with Him in His love's gentleness and quiet rest >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

God is always here for us, but we let our noisy stuff keep us from hearing and sharing with Him. Anger, arguing, fighting, unforgiveness, dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure, boredom, loneliness, and bitterness and malice all can make things noisy and unquiet in us. Be wise to worry, too; it is not meant to do us good, but keeps attention away from God and His gentle and kind and tenderly sharing love.

And God communicates deeper than words.

So, God bless you to :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Zhen
Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Negative feelings and ideas can be very convincing. Trust God to be our Good Judge, who decides what to do with each of us.

I can not guarantee that you really received the Holy Spirit, in that situation.

And you know it was wrong to go after the guy. So, be glad you know that was wrong.

And I am sure Satan would want you to think there is no hope for you, so you would just give up and do what Satan wants.

But Jesus suffered and died for you; so Jesus is committed to you being blessed. Do not let Satan speak for Jesus!!!!

So, I would say trust Jesus to do what He knows He wants to do with you. And keep your forgiving of others up-to-date, and have mercy and compassion for other people.

And yes feelings for some guy can feel very convincing > while you don't even know him!!!! And worry also can be a pathological liar, very convincing.

But we can be quiet with God. God is not silent, but He is quiet and sensitive and personal with us, in His tender and gentle and quiet love. We can share with Him in His love's gentleness and quiet rest >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

God is always here for us, but we let our noisy stuff keep us from hearing and sharing with Him. Anger, arguing, fighting, unforgiveness, dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure, boredom, loneliness, and bitterness and malice all can make things noisy and unquiet in us. Be wise to worry, too; it is not meant to do us good, but keeps attention away from God and His gentle and kind and tenderly sharing love.

And God communicates deeper than words.

So, God bless you to :)

thank you so much :))

um to be honest i think it was the Holy Spirit cos i could pray in tongues after that and hear from God (i was sure it was God), clearly in the past within myself. but after i left God for that guy and rejected God, and felt things entering me, i could hear more than one voice.

may i know how one receives the Holy Spirit? I don't know if the Holy Spirit is still in me now :(

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
um is the source of astrology and tarot (even online ones) spiritualists and soothsayers..? i went into it not knowing its source. i even thought it was from
God cos it seemed trustworthy :/ im still trying to understand the source of all these things :/

Scripture makes it clear that psychics are evil and they are an abomination to the Lord. Yet in today's society, horoscopes, tarot cards, palm readings, and the like are growing in popularity by the day. As Christians, we need to pause and fully understand the power of these divination tools, and learn what God really has to say about them. By reading and analyzing the Bible, we can understand how a seemingly harmless tarot reading can actually lead one down a path of darkness and evil.

What are tarot cards?
The tarot is a deck of 78 cards, each with its own imagery, symbolism and story. They were developed about 600 years ago for gaming. However, some mystics, psychics, and occultists began to use the cards for divination, and today the cards and the ability to “read” them are seen as elements of fortune-telling. To receive a tarot reading is to attempt to find out things about one’s life or future through the occult.

Usually, the practice of reading tarot cards starts with the questioner cutting the pack of cards or sometimes just touching it. The psychic or card reader then deals out some cards, face down, into a pattern, called a “spread,” on the table. As the cards are overturned, the psychic or reader constructs a narrative based on the cards’ meanings and their position on the table. Reading tarot cards places a heavy emphasis on fate, hidden knowledge, and superstition.

What does the Bible say?
Tarot cards are associated with divination and unlocking the secrets of the future by occult or supernatural means. Due to this association with divination, tarot is strictly prohibited in the Bible.

God warned His people, the Israelites, against divination when they were on the verge of entering the Promised Land. He lists divination among such evils as child sacrifice and casting spells in Deuteronomy 18:9–12. Leviticus 19:26 puts is blatantly: “Do not practice divination or seek omens.” Tarot card reading definitely falls within the scope of this prohibition.

We should not follow the world and try to read our future from anything but God. Jeremiah 10:2 says "This is what the LORD says: 'Do not act like the other nations, who try to read their future in the stars.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
may i know how one receives the Holy Spirit? I don't know if the Holy Spirit is still in me now :(
The Holy Spirit changes us to be like Jesus and be all-loving like Jesus. And the Holy Spirit keeps us this way and grows us more and more.

So, whatever happened, the Holy Spirit did not make you like Jesus to stay this way, or you would still be this way and growing more and more.

So, I would say trust God now to do what He really wants to do with you. And I am not sure you need to spend time trying to figure out how to label what happened before. But now is our time to trust God and discover what He pleases to do with us.

• Agree
Reactions: Zhen
Upvote 0