Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um hello... Does anyone know if it is possible for a lukewarm Christian, who backslided and accidentally/ignorantly took on the mark of the beast (666) when he once foolishly rejected God, to still be saved?

I came across the following post

⚔️ מרק מלך on Instagram: “Tribulation is around the corner and lukewarms will have to endure it. Many will surrender to satan and get the mark of the beast.…”

and i feel like im that lukewarm Christian who abandoned God for a guy, turned to astrology to guide me, and even rebelled against God. I also rejected Him and Jesus when i thought i could be independent of God.

i have come a long way. i used to worship and walk with God but could not fully confide in Him. After i tried to share Jesus with a close friend and he rejected Jesus because he wanted someone tangible, and after he made me seem nuts, i began having thoughts that God wasnt real. something a pastor said about the devil being the god of this world had me as a young believer extremely confused.

i also had thoughts that i had to play God and save the world. That i had to play God’s part then give glory to Him.

i lived this way in a confused state for a long time. the devil’s attacks were endless, i was alone in my walk, was constantly attacked and bullied, and i grew to resent God for allowing me to be bullied.

when i thought a guy could give me a better life, i rashly told God i didnt want Him, and replaced Jesus with that guy. i unknowingly turned to astrology and tarot, and became dark. i blindly followed these things and made a mess of my relationships and life.

the guy turned against me later and used sorcery to try to destroy me. but the idea that the devil planted in me, that that guy could give me a better life, still stuck with me, and i found it hard to let him go.

i also found it hard to return to Jesus. i suffered greatly in the past and i wanted life another way. i didnt want God and Jesus and started to block them out, wanting to be independent.
it was then that i saw the numbers 666 again, and i heard the words ‘the devil will destroy you’. i didnt understand, but i soon began getting attacked spiritually. i started to see demonic images, fall sick, and have thoughts that the devil was god. i even blindly prayed to it when i was deceived once.

after suffering greatly, i began to turn to Jesus and other believers for help.

but i have not found full relief from my suffering. i almost died, and i have been seeing things pointing to death, hell, etc. during the time when i left God, i blindly believed the devil’s lies and came against two of God’s people, unintentionally causing them to rebel against God. God later showed me that i misled them down the path of destruction. but i dont know how i did that ><

i have been going through a lot, and i have been seeing words like ‘return’ as well. i feel like God wants me to return to Him, but i find it hard to. i feel bad that because of me, two of His people left Him. i also still feel bound by thoughts that the devil is god. >< i feel dirty, evil and polluted. i never meant to backslide or walk down this path.

is there still hope for me? i keep seeing 666, and im afraid i accidentally took this number. can i still be saved?

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um hello... Does anyone know if it is possible for a lukewarm Christian, who backslided and accidentally/ignorantly took on the mark of the beast (666) when he once foolishly rejected God, to still be saved?

⚔️ מרק מלך on Instagram: “Tribulation is around the corner and lukewarms will have to endure it. Many will surrender to satan and get the mark of the beast.…”

and i feel like im that lukewarm Christian who abandoned God for a guy, turned to astrology to guide me, and even rebelled against God. I also rejected Him and Jesus when i thought i could be independent of God.

i have come a long way. i used to worship and walk with God but could not fully confide in Him. After i tried to share Jesus with a close friend and he rejected Jesus because he wanted someone tangible, and after he made me seem nuts, i began having thoughts that God wasnt real. something a pastor said about the devil being the god of this world had me as a young believer extremely confused.

i also had thoughts that i had to play God and save the world. That i had to play God’s part then give glory to Him.

i lived this way in a confused state for a long time. the devil’s attacks were endless, i was alone in my walk, was constantly attacked and bullied, and i grew to resent God for allowing me to be bullied.

when i thought a guy could give me a better life, i rashly told God i didnt want Him, and replaced Jesus with that guy. i unknowingly turned to astrology and tarot, and became dark. i blindly followed these things and made a mess of my relationships and life.

the guy turned against me later and used sorcery to try to destroy me. but the idea that the devil planted in me, that that guy could give me a better life, still stuck with me, and i found it hard to let him go.

i also found it hard to return to Jesus. i suffered greatly in the past and i wanted life another way. i didnt want God and Jesus and started to block them out, wanting to be independent.
it was then that i saw the numbers 666 again, and i heard the words ‘the devil will destroy you’. i didnt understand, but i soon began getting attacked spiritually. i started to see demonic images, fall sick, and have thoughts that the devil was god. i even blindly prayed to it when i was deceived once.

but i have not found full relief from my suffering. i almost died, and i have been seeing things pointing to death, hell, etc. during the time when i left God, i blindly believed the devil’s lies and came against two of God’s people, unintentionally causing them to rebel against God. God later showed me that i misled them down the path of destruction. but i dont know how i did that ><

i have been going through a lot, and i have been seeing words like ‘return’ as well. i feel like God wants me to return to Him, but i find it hard to. i feel bad that because of me, two of His people left Him. i also still feel bound by thoughts that the devil is god. >< i feel dirty, evil and polluted. i never meant to backslide or walk down this path.

is there still hope for me? i keep seeing 666, and im afraid i accidentally took this number. can i still be saved?

Zhen, from where did you get your definition about what being "lukewarm" amounts to?

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's never too late. The one unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:31-32) which you've clearly not done. If you had you wouldn't be worried for your salvation.

Please don't worry that it's too late. Find an experienced spiritual father, or mother and learn from them.

Edit : Also you didn't take on the mark of the beast. Noone knows yet what that mark is, so don't be concerned about that either.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not to late -- you are still breathing.
Repent
Stay in the Word.
Attendance in a strong Church recommended.

Repentance and the confession of sin is explained in this video coming straight from the book of Psalms.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you are able to believe in Jesus Christ, you are still able to be saved.

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
R 10:9

If you feel dirty, be baptised (once) for the public confession and washing away of sins and take regularly the wine and bread with other Christians.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: As mentioned here already, it is NEVER EVER "too late". Take the lukewarm-ness to God, Who is gracious, merciful, and forgiving, dear heart. In the meantime, i'm standing-in for you in prayer. God LOVES you. Praying. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's never too late. The one unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:31-32) which you've clearly not done. If you had you wouldn't be worried for your salvation.

Please don't worry that it's too late. Find an experienced spiritual father, or mother and learn from them.

Edit : Also you didn't take on the mark of the beast. Noone knows yet what that mark is, so don't be concerned about that either.

How does one blaspheme the Holy Spirit? I have questioned whether the Holy Spirit is a separate personality...

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The blood of Christ, shed for you, is more powerful than your sin, if you will repent. The pain and confusion at this point is to be expected. It's the hook coming out. As the parable of the sower explains, it's all about the heart - not what you've done. Give heed to your heart condition. Keep coming before the Lord. As Hebrews 13 says, go confidently to the throne of grace for help in time of need.

Paul tells Timothy that he was forgiven because he was ignorant, and in order that God might make an example of grace to assure everyone else. He will do the same for you. It's not about our failings, it's about His victory. Don't let the enemy trick you into thinking there is no redemption for you. Surrender fully to the Cross and let Christ be your life (Gal 2.20), and place no confidence in the flesh (Php 3.3). Those forgiven much love much, and He will work all things for good.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Get your heart right with God, believe and trust in Jesus, turn your life over to Him and you can be saved. Keep diddling around with other things, fake gods, Satan, candles in dark rooms mixed with intents and spiritual wickedness, well then no you can't. So make up your mind one way or the other, Jesus knocks, open the door and let Him in.

Upvote 0

Speckofdust

Aug 5, 2019
Figueira da Foz
✟8,428.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The mark of the beast is not yet implemented so you haven’t received it. It will be a literal mark in the future and you will be able to clearly distinguish between those who have taken it and those who haven’t. Turn to God now and fight for Him unto death.

“Strive for the truth unto death, and the Lord shall fight for thee.”
Ecclesiasticus 4:28 (KJV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you know these things are wrong. Make sure you don't continue in any of these.
We can know, from God's word, that no human can give us better than we have with Jesus.

When I have been in trouble about if I am a child of God, it has helped to simply trust God the good Judge, to do what He knows is right for Him to do with me.

And keep your forgiving up to date :)

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Many people who rise up out of very difficult circumstances end up with a testimony that has the power to convict and encourage others in a special way.

You definitely can be saved.....
once the blood of Messiah Yeshua covers our sins they actually become a tool to reach others......

Your falling away for a time is not unusual.... lots of us make that error.

Hang in there..... an Awakening is beginning.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I really think that God welcomes back anyone who is willing to repent. The fact that you feel sorry it means you want to do good and are truly looking to change your ways.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Nobody has the mark of the beast yet .... that don't happen until after the anti-christ of the endtimes appears (hasn't happened yet)... so don't worry about that.

Don't let your feelings/emotions drive what you think,

Go to the Lord with a humble heart, ask for forgiveness and repent from sin and go on forward from there .... not looking back. He forgives quickly so you can begin anew.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How does one blaspheme the Holy Spirit? I have questioned whether the Holy Spirit is a separate personality...

I don't think that the Holy Spirit is a separate personality, and I'm not sure what might cause you to think this?

But concerning your question, Fr Thomas Hopko says that the unforgivable sin is to look at Christ who is Lord and God, and treat him like a Samaritan with a devil inside Him. It is to refuse the very forgiveness and mercy that God offers.

Here is another link that I pray will be helpful : From the "Ladder of Divine Ascent"

Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone for your replies and kind/encouraging words! but im afraid i have fallen away unknowingly according to Hebrews 6:

Hebrews 6:4-8
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Himto an open shame. For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

i also feel like i was among those who fell away in the following verse:

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

i feel like in abandoning God for that guy back then (albeit in desperation and hope for a way out of my sufferings), when God said he was not the one for me, and then trying to make that guy like me, i was like someone who was coming against God and trying to be God myself by wanting to steer my own destiny and have my own way. I find that i have been disobeying God and wanting my own way. i even had thoughts previously that i was god, though i didnt like that thought.

and i also feel like im the bad tree and false prophet in the following bible verse ><

Matthew 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

back then, when i had replaced Christ with that guy, and rejected Jesus, wasn’t i somewhat of an anti-Christ and false Christ..? ><
i was following astrology thinking it was the truth, not knowing it was from the devil >< i took God’s Word and used it without God’s permission for my own purposes, even as a weapon against two of God’s people when i was angry with them ><

i said to them that God said this and that when God did not, and they likely believed me and therefore turned from God :(

i was blind, unknowingly under the influence of the enemy but i did not realize it.

i was also unmerciful towards the guy and girl and incurred a lot of God’s wrath.

Is there really really hope for me?

i’m worried that im that man of sin or son of perdition as mentioned in the following verse:

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

And im also afraid that im that person who fell away in hebrews 6:4 ><

after i have unknowingly sinned so much, and seem to have ignorantly fallen away, and become worthless and a bad tree, is there really hope for me?

i never imagined i would be all the terrible examples stated above >< i never imagined i would fall this far. is there really hope for a person like me to be saved and go to heaven?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

i think i might have blasphemed the Holy Spirit ><

after a close friend rejected Christ when i shared Jesus with him, told me he wanted someone tangible, and made it seem like i was nuts, i started to have thoughts that God was only in my imagination. I then started to imagine what God would say etc, and in a way, play God ><

i told that guy n girl that God said this and that when He did not >< looking back, i think that it was either me, or thoughts from the evil one whom i mistook to be God. isn’t this blaspheming the Holy Spirit..?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody has the mark of the beast yet .... that don't happen until after the anti-christ of the endtimes appears (hasn't happened yet)... so don't worry about that.

Don't let your feelings/emotions drive what you think,

Go to the Lord with a humble heart, ask for forgiveness and repent from sin and go on forward from there .... not looking back. He forgives quickly so you can begin anew.

um but i find that ever since i began using astrology i began to think i didnt need God, and i became proud >< how do i deal with this pride..?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Zhen

Feb 21, 2019
Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zhen, from where did you get your definition about what being "lukewarm" amounts to?
um i came across this term on an instagram post... it supposedly points to a Christian following the ways of the world :/

• Friendly
Upvote 0