Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I lived in sin for many years. I was a cam model on the internet and I
exposed myself online for people to see. Now after growing and maturing
I am so embarrassed and afraid that these images may come out to the public one day.

I know gods answer may be no and I know his answer maybe not exactly what I want but...
With prayer and commitment, change, and belief in Jesus... can God and or Jesus stop
these images from coming to fruition?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: FangirlingGOD

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God can stop things from happening, but he usually won't, in this case if you acknowledge this and own it, that you once were and ask god for forgiveness, people of a true heart will forgive you too and it will be nothing to be embarrassed of.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know gods answer may be no and I know his answer maybe not exactly what I want but...
With prayer and commitment, change, and belief in Jesus... can God and or Jesus stop
Yes, God can do that, but you cannot count on it being what he wills. Perhaps he has something else in mind. We just do not know.

However, you can pray...and we're told that He is waiting to hear from us, also that the prayer of an earnest believer can accomplish much.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Whenever Jesus heals someone, He doesn't change the past, only their present and future.
When He healed and forgave the woman caught in adultery,
for years after that, everyone in town that had known before, knew still that she had been caught, AND that Jesus had the unbelievable nerve to forgive her ! (for which they sought to crucify Him, and did, shortly).
Her testimony included her past life, what she was saved from, saved out of,
and
mostly what Jesus did for her. = removed all sin and impurity from her, so she could (and did, probably) stand joyously the rest of her life without going back and sinning again, and went every day before YHWH'S(GOD'S) THRONE of GRACE in HEAVEN to receive anything needed in any time of trouble - boldly and without any shame before the CREATOR of the universe and all that is in it, forgiven by Jesus and by Him made completely and utterly whole and righteous with peace and joy that no one could take from her !

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so embarrassed and afraid that these images may come out to the public one day.

I think God can stop the pictures from coming to fruition. If he is not able to stop it then I feel he will cover you with his grace and compassion so that even if the pictures are seen you will be covered with his grace and compassion and you will know you are precious still. No one has a right to judge you. You are a beautiful child of God still.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I do know about this is...there are countless numbers of males and females who have done that... photos/images once posted online are sent/shared a LOT...online is public, there's nothing private about it.
I've told that to so many girls decades ago, did they listen? no.
Consequences happen...cause you sow/ and you reap from what you have sown...
Galatians 6:7.

The thing is, we all have a past that we don't won't put out there for the "world"
to see/and or hear about.
We know how the enemy works, we also know how some people are...they both
will come against you.
Will you stand firmly in the new life you have in Christ or will you allow the enemy
and his minions to cause you to fall apart?

Now, your Bible and your testimony of what the Lord done for you is for you to use, should someone try to shame or hurt you about what you did in the past.
How you live for the Lord and uphold His Word in your life each day be part of how you "witness".

I have a childhood friend who I grew up with...she went off on the wrong path and
prostituted around our hometown. She is very well known, all the while
I'm her friend...mind you, others did not agree or like that I was still her
friend. I got warnings about her and some christians didn't associate with me because I wouldn't refuse to talk to her... it was the 11th commandment: "christians aren't to talk to prostitutes".
So when we met in public I'd still talk to her and try to witness...which usually ended our conversations real quick like.

I got married and moved away, some years later I hear she got saved and married a christian man...they made the decision to live in that same small town.
No hiding or moving away, they'd face their enemies and share testimonies of what the Lord has done /and is doing in their lives.
Here it is 2017, me and my friend are still married and now in our early 50's and both of us be grandmothers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God is in control of every particle and wave of energy in the universe all at the same time (that would include digital data :)).

The only real way to handle what you are facing is to give the issue over to God to do what he wants with it. He may choose to bring your past to light or may not. You could prepare yourself to deal with the consequences if they happen with God's help. You never need to deal with anything all by yourself again. God will help you. (Be sure to persist in asking God for the strength, wisdom, saying and doing good things, etc. that you want).

What happened in the past is the truth and it will never go away. God sometimes brings up things in our past, because we need to face them to overcome them. If you glue yourself to God you are guaranteed to overcome anything that can possibly happen in your life, but that does not mean having the results you desire right now. It means God will make you more like Him through whatever happens (strong, not embarrassed, not ashamed, etc.).

Just remember that you are not the person you were yesterday, and feel free to tell people that. If they cannot overcome their prejudice about you because of your past, that's their problem before God, not yours. You can't necessarily change them. You also don't need to try to justify what you did in the past. That person is gone.

You have the opportunity to be confident about your goodness on this day, and today is really all that matters. (See Matthew 6:25-34.) The real problem here is probably that what people say about your past hurts you (or what they do, or what you believe they think). Pray to God regularly to take that pain away. A lot of that pain can pass away as you accept who you are in Christ more and more. (Read up on who you are in Christ.)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28, 1984 NIV)

Reactions: jenmelania0
Upvote 0