✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No.

The eternal cannot cease to be eternal.

We do indeed conclude that.

God's omnipotence does not mean that he can make 2 plus 2 equal elephant or any other self-contradictory nonsense a human mind dreams up in its foolishness. It means that God's plans and purposes will always come to pass exactly as He determines them to in exactly the manner needed to fulfill his perfect purposes.

What about an eternal past?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is also baseless speculation, there is no way to settle such an absurd question.

What is the speculation? After all, no SINGLE speculation has been offered either pro or con. So I must assume you mean ""speculations".

Baseless means that the speculations provide no basis in reality or logical REASONS to back them up.

adj.
Having no basis or foundation in fact; unfounded.
Synonyms: baseless, groundless, idle, unfounded, unwarranted
These adjectives mean being without a basis or foundation in fact: a baseless accusation; groundless rumors; idle gossip; unfounded suspicions; unwarranted jealousy.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
baseless
(ˈbeɪslɪs)
adj
not based on fact; unfounded: a baseless supposition.
ˈbaselessly adv
ˈbaselessness n
Collins English Dictionary –

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/baseless

Since all the speculations provided on this subject so far are backed up by philosophical and scriptural reasons, your tagging as baseless is the one that is baseless or bogus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What did you think the cloud of witnesses think?

Do they appear to be bored to you?
Why would a cloud of Witnesses appear bored to me? Better yet, whey would you even ask me that nonsensical question. Furthermore, what does your question have to do with the possibility of a bored God? Please note that God is described as angry, compassionate, zealous, jealous, happy, blessed, but never as bored. In fact, I never proposed that he is bored. I clearly said that boredom was not possible because of his almightiness. If indeed my mentioning word bored offended you, I apologize again. However, please recall that this is a controversial theology thread and such subjects are legitimately within its parameters. So perhaps this isn't for the very spiritually sensitive individuals who might take serious umbrage with the subjects that might come under discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
God is an eternal force of creation who created everything through himself. Him self-terminating is like a positive terminal ceasing to draw electrons to it. It isn't possible.

I'm not a theologican or anything but I recall learning at Church about how theologians in early medieval times agreed that God couldn't create a rock that he couldn't move - thus God is actually 'limited' by His nature as an infinitive positive force.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is an eternal force of creation who created everything through himself. Him self-terminating is like a positive terminal ceasing to draw electrons to it. It isn't possible.

I'm not a theologican or anything but I recall learning at Church about how theologians in early medieval times agreed that God couldn't create a rock that he couldn't move - thus God is actually 'limited' by His nature as an infinitive positive force.
I disagree about that rock illustration. All that God has to do to create a rock that he cannot move is decrease his power until he is unable to move it.

Upvote 0

Christian Harris

Self-descriptive Phrase
Nov 3, 2016
Texas
✟8,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Before I begin, I know that this thread is already replete with personal opinions, and so I apologize for bringing one more into the mix.
That said, I believe that it is foolishness to ponder nebulous hypotheticals such as this for any length of time or with any seriousness. The reason I say this is largely due to the fact that we as Christians assume that the Lord is God over all things within the universe, and so all things in the universe (and their constancy) hinge upon Him. Therefore, asking a question such as this is akin to asking what life would be like if tomorrow we were all crimson giraffes who lived in the center of the moon, in that no real answer can be given because it is just so far outside the realm of possibility. In addition to this are the numerous occasions throughout scripture where God assures and promises us his constancy, further taking away from the need for such questions.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would a cloud of Witnesses appear bored to me? Better yet, whey would you even ask me that nonsensical question. Furthermore, what does your question have to do with the possibility of a bored God? Please note that God is described as angry, compassionate, zealous, jealous, happy, blessed, but never as bored. In fact, I never proposed that he is bored. I clearly said that boredom was not possible because of his almightiness. If indeed my mentioning word bored offended you, I apologize again. However, please recall that this is a controversial theology thread and such subjects are legitimately within its parameters. So perhaps this isn't for the very spiritually sensitive individuals who might take serious umbrage with the subjects that might come under discussion.
Untruths and false speculations are untruths and false speculation And untruths and false speculation cause confusion

As controversial as this discussion may be it is not theology

In fact it is anti....theology

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that self termination is not described biblically as an unforgivable sin.
Or are you alluding to something else? Hmmmm?
Do you talk out of two sides of your mouth? You offer this and then you step back and deny that you offered it and pass it on to someone else?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again I will repeat my initial response to your post

All sin is unforgiveable except one.

These are not my words, these are the WORDS straight from the LORD.

You should know what sin HE was referring to and suicide is NOT blasphemy of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God did self terminate, such would probably mean the end of the Universe, since it is God's power that sustains the Universe.
And HE will give a temporary taste of what the universe would be like when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way...temporarily...

Reference 2 Thesselonians 2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And HE will give a temporary taste of what the universe would be like when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way...temporarily...

Reference 2 Thesselonians 2

That is referring to religious Apostasy.

Upvote 0