Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal 1:9 reads As we have said before , I say also just now again , Since someone is preaching the GOSPEL to you CONTRARY to what you received . let him be ACCURSED .

#1 From Gal 1:9 that someone is preaching to anyone that is contrary to what Paul preached is accursed ?

#2 Can this be a believer ?

#3 There were some that did not PREACH what Paul , PLANTED ?

#4 What was Paul's message that he PLANTED ?

#5 I have seen some on other sites where Paul , preached the same message as Peter , is that true ?

#6 What does ACCURSED than mean ??

what say you ??

dan p

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟50,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is not good.
Maybe same, maybe different ,
Another 'curse' is, anyone who puts their trust in the flesh, I /YHVH/ curse.
biblehub.com› jeremiah › 17-5.htm
Yahweh says: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, relies on strength of flesh, and whose heart departs from Yahweh.

Can a believer, a follower of Jesus, fall sometimes, fall ever, fall routinely , and be cursed by YHVH even though , if possible, also 'saved' ?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gal 1:9 reads As we have said before , I say also just now again , Since someone is preaching the GOSPEL to you CONTRARY to what you received . let him be ACCURSED .

The problem in Galatians is this:
grace and law are mutually exclusive in salvation/justification (Gal 3:18, Gal 4:30, Gal 5:4),
so that to choose one is to forfeit the other (Gal 1:9, Gal 2:4, Gal 4:17, Gal 5:12).

There is no salvation by law keeping, therefore, by law-keeping you remain in your condemnation (Ro 5:18).
It's the same issue/warning as in Hebrews 6:4-6, Heb 10:26. . .to go back to the Law is to reject Christ, and there is no other remedy.

#1 From Gal 1:9 that someone is preaching to anyone that is contrary to what Paul preached is accursed ?

This is a Judaizer, a false brother, who not only preached a false gospel, but infiltrated their ranks to spy on the freedom they had in Christ (Gal 2:4) and to alienate them from the apostles so they would be zealous for the Judaizers (Gal 4:17).
That is not a description of a believer.

Paul's message was salvation/justification by faith, not by law keeping (Eph 2:8-9, Ro 3:28).

#5 I have seen some on other sites where Paul , preached the same message as Peter , is that true ?

Of course. . .there is only one gospel, salvation by the blood, through faith (Ro 3:25) in and trust on the person and atoning work of Jesus Christ.

Modern Judaizers would have you believe that Paul preached a different gospel than Peter, because Paul was sent to the Gentiles, and Peter was sent to the circumcision (Gal 1:7-8).
That is totally contrary to NT apostolic teaching.
The difference between Peter and Paul was not their gospel, it was their audience; i.e., the circumcision and the Gentiles.

Accursed is condemned to damnation.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

what say you ??

dan p
Read before that verse.. its about a different Gospel not believers. A different Gospel is not about Jesus coming in the flesh died for the worlds sin.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read before that verse.. its about a different Gospel not believers. A different Gospel is not about Jesus coming in the flesh died for the worlds sin.

"Some people. . .are trying to pervert the gospel." (Gal 1:7).

"Let him be accursed!" (Gal 1:9).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
grace and law are mutually exclusive in salvation/justification (Gal 3:18, Gal 4:30, Gal 5:4),
so that to choose one is to forfeit the other (Gal 1:9, Gal 2:4, Gal 4:17, Gal 5:12).

There is no salvation by law keeping, therefore, by law-keeping you remain in your condemnation (Ro 5:18).
It's the same issue/warning as in Hebrews 6:4-6, Heb 10:26. . .to go back to the Law is to reject Christ, and there is no other remedy.

This is a Judaizer, a false brother, who not only preached a false gospel, but infiltrated their ranks to spy on the freedom they had in Christ (Gal 2:4) and to alienate them from the apostles so they would be zealous for the Judaizers (Gal 4:17).

Paul's message was salvation/justification by faith, not by law keeping (Eph 2:8-9, Ro 3:28).

Of course. . .there is only one gospel, salvation by the blood, through faith (Ro 3:25) in and trust on the person and atoning work of Jesus Christ.

Modern Judaizers would have you believe that Paul preached a different gospel than Peter, because Paul was sent to the Gentiles, and Peter was sent to the circumcision (Gal 1:7-8).
The difference between Peter and Paul was not their gospel, it was their audience; i.e., the circumcision and the Gentiles.

I have yet see , where is only ONE GOSPEL ., and since I have yet to see that verse , please , write where that verse is found ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have yet see , where is only ONE GOSPEL ., and since I have yet to that verse , please , write hat the verse is found ?

dan p

There is only one gospel, and it is who Jesus is, what he has done and why he has done it.
That includes/covers a lot of Scripture, starting with 1Co 15:1-8, and Lk 24:45-49:

1 Co 15:1-8
:
"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then He appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared also to me."

Lk 24:45-49:
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them,
"This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

So:
Who is Jesus: He is the Christ. That is His title as our Savior, Lord and King.
What has Jesus done: He died on the cross and rose from the dead. This is the work of salvation — what Christ did to save us.
Why has Jesus done this: He has done this to forgive sins and bestow on believers the benefits that come with salvation.

And:
How can we know that it is true: Because it fulfills the Old Testament Scriptures, and many eyewitnesses have testified to His resurrection.
How should we respond: With repentance (that is, by turning to God) and faith.

Anything on the who, what, and why of Jesus is part of the one gospel.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not good.
Maybe same, maybe different ,
Another 'curse' is, anyone who puts their trust in the flesh, I /YHVH/ curse.
biblehub.com› jeremiah › 17-5.htm
Yahweh says: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, relies on strength of flesh, and whose heart departs from Yahweh.

Can a believer, a follower of Jesus, fall sometimes, fall ever, fall routinely , and be cursed by YHVH even though , if possible, also 'saved' ?
Any believer saved by GRACE , Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 is always in the B O C as written in Gal 3:28 .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any believer saved by GRACE , Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 is always in the B O C as written in Gal 3:28 .

dan p
Gal 1:8 , EVEN IF we or an Angel from out of heaven should be preaching the gospel to you contrary to what WE ( Paul ) preached to you , let him be ACCURSED .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel is about what Jesus did and about what He, ongoing, is DOING.
It is even more about what He is. He Himself is the tremendous good news.

You know Jesus Christ is unsearchably rich, infinitely so. He in all of His fathomless preciousness and wealth IS the gospel.
And Paul said he preached "the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel."

"To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given to announce to
the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel." (Ephesoans 3:8 Recovery Version)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I looked at Gal 4:: 17 and did not see what there was a GREEK word for JUDAIZER , but in Acts 2:10 there is a Greek word for PROSOLYTE , is these what you meant ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I looked at Gal 4:: 17 and did not see what there was a GREEK word for JUDAIZER , but in Acts 2:10 there is a Greek word for PROSOLYTE , is these what you meant ?

dan p

Not quite. . .it's the last word (meaning "to live like a Jew") in Gal 2:14, where there it means requiring Christians to observe Jewish practices, usually circumcision, as necessary for salvation.

It is related to the word prosolyte, in that they were prosylyting them to Jewish practices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Obviously Paul felt very strong about those who were troubling the Galatian churches with this false gospel.
That's the only think I derive from verse 9, his strong condemnation.
There was probably a mixture trouble makers.
Some were unbelievers and some were influenced believers.

The unbelievers who would not be saved will perish.
The believers who were bewitched were saved yet needed to repent.
Paul planted ife, a person - Jesus.
The planting that Paul speaks of is not just right doctrines but a seed of life - the living Christ.
Paul planted the living Person of Christ into those who would receive.
After planting that life some Judiazers hindered the further growth of that life by destracting the believers.
They wanted them to pay attention to Old Testament law keeping as both a justification and a means to being a Christian.

They pushed circumcision. And Paul wished that they would indeed cut themselves off from troubling the believers.
This goup probably contained false brothers who were not regenerated and deceived brothers who had been bewitchedm, influenced by the false brothers.

I would not rule out that "false brothers" could also include real Christians whose brotherly love was a facade. They were brothers with a phony hypocritical display of unity - Brothers acting falsely.

There may be enough room to interpret "false brothers" in either way.
They both preached the same Gospel. A man can have so much capacity. And Paul had insight that Peter did not have that well. Yet Peter recommended Paul and realized that God had given the younger man much wisdom.

The gospel they both preached was essentially the same. Thank God for that.
#6 What does ACCURSED than mean ??''
Lost forever perhaps.
Galatians 1:9 I think simply shows Paul's strong condemnation to those troubling the believers with the legalistic return to
OT law keeping.

I don't regard it as that much of a doctrinal problem. It shows how strongly he condemned the ones bewitching the churches under his shepherding.

Ie. 'This is how I FEEL about those tearing down our work among you Galatian churches. I am not tolerant at all nor cooperative nor sympathetic. Let them be accursed for what they are doing."

This is similar to Paul saying he was wishing he himself would be cursed if it would mean the salvation of his kinsmen.
Of course this was impossible. But his FEELING was great. (Romans 9:3)

"For I could wish that I myself were a curse, separated from Christ for my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh."

I think Christ is the only one who was cursed that men may be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not quite. . .it's the last word (meaning "to live like a Jew") in Gal 2:14, where there it means requiring Christians to observe Jewish practices, usually circumcision, as necessary for salvation.

It is related to the word prosolyte, in that they were prosylyting them to Jewish practices.
In EST 8:17 uses the HERBEW word YACHAD and stem is HITHPAEL and that means , became Jews in fact or a FRAUD , Became Judaised .

Peter in Gal 2:11 Paul says that Peter is CONDEMNED and in verse 12 was Peter new that certain ones from James , that he , Peter was EATING with Gentiles , Peter being AFRAID of the ones from the CIRCUMCISION , because Peter , preached CIRCUMCISION , Gal 2:7,''

In verse 14 , Peter was trying to COMPEL the GENTILES to Adopt Jewish Customs and RITES and this proves that Peter was a CIRCUMCISION and Law Keeper .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟61,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In EST 8:17 uses the HERBEW word YACHAD and stem is HITHPAEL and that means , became Jews in fact or a FRAUD , Became Judaised .

Peter in Gal 2:11 Paul says that Peter is CONDEMNED and in verse 12 was Peter new that certain ones from James , that he , Peter was EATING with Gentiles , Peter being AFRAID of the ones from the CIRCUMCISION , because Peter , preached CIRCUMCISION , Gal 2:7,''

In verse 14 , Peter was trying to COMPEL the GENTILES to Adopt Jewish Customs and RITES and this proves that Peter was a CIRCUMCISION and Law Keeper .

dan p
It shows that Peter had another moment of weakness. As he is a fitting example of many of us at times, Peter's several stumblings
the Holy Spirit recorded for our encouragement.

For a brief moment he feared the opinions of man rather that the Lord's will.
For a moment he was more afraid of displeasing associates of James in Jerusalem more than he should have.

Peter recommends Paul in his second epistle. He would not have had he been dead set on resisting

But Paul's preaching of the gospel of grace and enjoying the indweling Christ with the wisdom Peter recodnized as from God.

" And count the longsuffering of our Lord to be salvation, our beleved brother Paul, according to th wisdom given to him, wrote to you, As also
in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned
and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. " (2 Pet. 3:15,16)

And this letter starts with his acknowledging "equally precious" faith characteristic of the Gospel of the Grace of Christ.

"Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have been alloted faith equally precious as ours in the righteousness
of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be mutiplied in th efull kmnowledsge of God and of Jesus ouer Lord." (1:1,2)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one gospel, and it is who Jesus is, what he has done and why he has done it.
That includes/covers a lot of Scripture, starting with 1Co 15:1-8, and Lk 24:45-49:

1 Co 15:1-8
:
"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then He appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared also to me."

Lk 24:45-49:
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them,
"This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

So:
Who is Jesus: He is the Christ. That is His title as our Savior, Lord and King.
What has Jesus done: He died on the cross and rose from the dead. This is the work of salvation — what Christ did to save us.
Why has Jesus done this: He has done this to forgive sins and bestow on believers the benefits that come with salvation.

And:
How can we know that it is true: Because it fulfills the Old Testament Scriptures, and many eyewitnesses have testified to His resurrection.
How should we respond: With repentance (that is, by turning to God) and faith.

Anything on the who, what, and why of Jesus is part of the one gospel.
If there is ONLY one gospel , how was Adam and Eve then saved ?

Was than Adam and Eve than lost , because that could not heard of the ONE GOSPEL , so please help me out here ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If there is ONLY one gospel , how was Adam and Eve then saved?
By faith in the Promise (Ge 3:15, seed; i.e., Jesus Christ, Gal 3:16),
the same way everyone is saved by faith in Jesus Christ (the Promise).
Was than Adam and Eve than lost , because that could not heard of the ONE GOSPEL , so please help me out here ??
The one gospel is salvation by grace through faith, not by works (Eph 2:8-9), that faith being in Jesus Christ (Ro 3:25).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By faith in the Promise (Ge 3:15, seed; i.e., Jesus Christ, Gal 3:16),
the same way everyone is saved by faith in Jesus Christ (the Promise).

The one gospel is salvation by grace through faith, not by works (Eph 2:8-9), that faith being in Jesus Christ (Ro 3:25).
You mean that God preached Rom 3:25 to Adam and Eve ?

And I thought it was Gen 6:6 that Christ , preached to Adam and Eve , what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You mean that God preached Rom 3:25 to Adam and Eve ?

And I thought it was Gen 6:6 that Christ , preached to Adam and Eve , what say you ?

dan p
God preached Ge 3:15 to Adam and Eve.
Faith in this promise of a seed (Jesus Christ) was justification (imputation/crediting of righteousness) for Adam and Eve, just as
faith in the promise of seed (Ge 15:5, Jesus Christ, Gal 3:16) was justification for Abraham (Ge 15:6, Ro 4:3), and just as
faith in Jesus Christ (the promise) is our justification (Ro 4:1-11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0