Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes I have read them, and find nothing there which would nullify John 3:16.

It does nullify your view of why people are in hell, though.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I can read, and understand the clear words of scripture, and they are not confusing.

If that's the case, then why do you believe that God doesn't send people to hell?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You go first, show me why you think He does.

But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." ([bless and do not curse]Revelation‬ [bless and do not curse]21‬:[bless and do not curse]8‬ NASB)

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." ([bless and do not curse]Revelation‬ [bless and do not curse]21‬:[bless and do not curse]8‬ NASB)

"Their part" does not mean God sent them there.

Without Jesus all of us would reap what we have sown.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"Their part" does not mean God sent them there.

Without Jesus all of us would reap what we have sown.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

That would be Jesus giving a command.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

That would be Jesus giving a command.

There you have found a gem, notice the eternal fire was intended for Satan and his rebellious angels.

The is the White Throne judgement, which is for all who reject the love of God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There you have found a gem, notice the eternal fire was intended for Satan and his rebellious angels.

The is the White Throne judgement, which is for all who reject the love of God.

Who sends them, Jesus or themselves?

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Who sends them, Jesus or themselves?

Jesus came to earth as the Lamb of God the first time, and when He presides at the White Throne, He will have come as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, but 2 Peter 3:9 says He is not wishing for any to perish.

Their trip to Hell was their own choice.

Your belief is that God predestined some to hell, but your previous post said that hell was not created for man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is a really easy question to answer; Does God throw people into hell? Yes or no?

The answer is yes. Observe:

Rev 20:14-15 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Seems pretty simple no? Why make a big deal out of this? There are no negative implications for God throwing people into hell, as doing so is merely God being just, which he is.

Trying to say "Well, God doesn't throw people into hell, but rather, they throw themselves there!" makes no sense to me and seems to be a pointless theodicy. We don't need to "get God off the hook" or make him appear "nicer". There is nothing wrong with the idea or concept that God dishes out justice and punishment. He is a consuming fire, after all.

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is a really easy question to answer; Does God throw people into hell? Yes or no?

The answer is yes. Observe:

Rev 20:14-15 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Seems pretty simple no? Why make a big deal out of this? There are no negative implications for God throwing people into hell, as doing so is merely God being just, which he is.

Trying to say "Well, God doesn't throw people into hell, but rather, they throw themselves there!" makes no sense to me and seems to be a pointless theodicy. We don't need to "get God off the hook" or make him appear "nicer". There is nothing wrong with the idea or concept that God dishes out justice and punishment. He is a consuming fire, after all.

OK would you agree that hell is a choice we make and not a choice God makes for us ?

Upvote 0

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OK would you agree that hell is a choice we make and not a choice God makes for us ?

We choose to reject God, but God is the one who chooses to punishes us.

We don't punish ourselves.

Does a criminal choose his own sentence? Of course not. The judge does that.

God is the judge. He chooses to dish out punishment and justice.

That's why God throws people into hell. They don't "throw themselves into hell".

Do you agree?

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We choose to reject God, but God is the one who chooses to punishes us.

We don't punish ourselves.

Does a criminal choose his own sentence? Of course not. The judge does that.

God is the judge. He chooses to dish out punishment and justice.

That's why God throws people into hell. They don't "throw themselves into hell".

Do you agree?

When a person breaks the law, he makes the move to punishment, the judge doesn't plan his fate.

God has filled the bible with what will happen to man if he chooses any path but the one to Christ.

God's name is love, not judgement.

This theology is why some new believers think God is up there just waiting for us to mess up, and then He whacks us to hell.

Upvote 0

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When a person breaks the law, he makes the move to punishment, the judge doesn't plan his fate.

I agree God punishes the guilty.

God has filled the bible with what will happen to man if he chooses any path but the one to Christ.

I agree. But I'm also not an open theist. God has always known, before the world was even created, who would end up in hell.
God's name is love, not judgement.

Where does the Bible say "God's name is love, not judgement?"

My Bible says Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne (Psa 89:14)

This theology is why some new believers think God is up there just waiting for us to mess up, and then He whacks us to hell.

Huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums