The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟15,486.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Calvinism, established prior to 4000BC!

A rousing cheer for that gospel with the nickname of Calvinism & John Knox from this McTavish Scotsman! It's time to break open the single malt and toast the great land which birthed John Knox.​
"Better that Scotland were hacked by Claverhouse for cleaving to the Lord, than that she should be flattered by infidels for her gradual departure from the faith. Let not the blood of the Covenanters be spilt in vain.... Oh, that Scotland may stand fast in this evil day!" - C.H.Spurgeon.

And, better that we Calvinists today were hated by all for cleaving to the Lord and not compromising our faith than we should be excited to offer up Strange Fire. Let not the blood of all our Predestinarian forefathers be spilt in vain, whether the Covenanters or Huguenots or whatever name they may have bourne. Whether England should have put us stocks and sawn off our ears, or we should have been burned alive while worshipping in our churches or hacked by the tens of thousands in the French countryside, let it be known that over a river of blood we march on to Zion.​
And in nothing feare your aduersaries, which is to them a token of perdition, and to you of saluation, and that of God. For vnto you it is giuen for Christ, that not onely ye should beleeue in him, but also suffer for his sake,....
(Phi 1:28-29 GB)

Higgaion

Big-Nosed Pengy
Oct 11, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟430.00
Faith
Protestant
Gamecock said:
And, better that we Calvinists today were hated by all for cleaving to the Lord and not compromising our faith than we should be excited to offer up Strange Fire. Let not the blood of all our Predestinarian forefathers be spilt in vain, whether the Covenanters or Huguenots or whatever name they may have bourne. Whether England should have put us stocks and sawn off our ears, or we should have been burned alive while worshipping in our churches or hacked by the tens of thousands in the French countryside, let it be known that over a river of blood we march on to Zion.
And in nothing feare your aduersaries, which is to them a token of perdition, and to you of saluation, and that of God. For vnto you it is giuen for Christ, that not onely ye should beleeue in him, but also suffer for his sake,....

(Phi 1:28-29 GB)

Here here! Sola Gratia, Soli Deo Gloria!

http://reformerkev.esmartweb.com/oldtimes_burned.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
snerkel said:
So I take it you are not interested in discussing Calvinism? :cool:
Not in a thread where I feel like I'm being ambushed.

I'll continue to post in the neutral threads where serious discussion is appreciated, but this will be my last post in any of these "Calvinism rules" threads.

See ya on the flip side.

-A

Upvote 0

snerkel

Debt Free in Christ Jesus
Dec 31, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
armothe said:
Not in a thread where I feel like I'm being ambushed.

I'll continue to post in the neutral threads where serious discussion is appreciated, but this will be my last post in any of these "Calvinism rules" threads.

See ya on the flip side.

-A
I enjoy discussion. Discussion leads to enlightenment on various subjects, including the different Christian theologies.

Discussion between like-minded people is not an ambush on others. However, it an ambush when a person or persons lurk and wait for an opportunity to flame others for the discussion for which they are involved. Just my opinion, of course. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.