Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just a reminder.

General Forum Guidelines
  • Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of the Reformed Confessions are considered off topic. You may debate Reformed and Calvinistic doctrines and talk about other doctrines, but do not promote other doctrines.
  • It is considered off topic to post threads related to SR moderator policy, procedure, or actions in SR.
  • It is considered off topic to refuse to engage in debate but continue to post in these threads.
  • Debates on specific current or historical issues are allowed. However general debating over issues such as politics, economics and acceptance of homosexuality is not allowed. In other words, keep it specific.
I see plenty of posts that are promoting non Calvinistic and Reformed views. If this was the Roman Catholic Forum or Eastern Orthodox they would have been reported and deleted by now.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just a reminder.

General Forum Guidelines
  • Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of the Reformed Confessions are considered off topic. You may debate Reformed and Calvinistic doctrines and talk about other doctrines, but do not promote other doctrines.
  • It is considered off topic to post threads related to SR moderator policy, procedure, or actions in SR.
  • It is considered off topic to refuse to engage in debate but continue to post in these threads.
  • Debates on specific current or historical issues are allowed. However general debating over issues such as politics, economics and acceptance of homosexuality is not allowed. In other words, keep it specific.
I see plenty of posts that are promoting non Calvinistic and Reformed views. If this was the Roman Catholic Forum or Eastern Orthodox they would have been reported and deleted by now.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Sorry, I didn't realize which forum I was in.

But there seems to be a slim line between promoting and debating.

Edit: I'm not even sure if I have promoted another view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,124.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sorry, I didn't realize which forum I was in.

But there seems to be a slim line between promoting and debating.

Edit: I'm not even sure if I have promoted another view.
I don't get it either all I know is that when I disagree in the EO forum I get reported and heavily scolded. I guess they have a lot of snow flaks over there.

Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟134,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It’s not a problem for Reformed Theology that synergists take verses out of context to make scripture say things that aren’t true.
Typical blanket dismissal - it would be great if you could provide examples of where I took verses out of context in Post #483.

MacArthur is a gifted speaker. In this sermon MacArthur dismisses that God wants all men to be saved (per 1 Timothy 2:4 & 1 Peter 3:9) at 35:40 with the argument that God always gets what He wants. I believe that if he could make a better argument against that point, he would have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
A blanket dismissal - it would be great if you can show how I took verses out of context in Post #483.

I watched John MacArthur's sermon on "For Whom Did Christ Die" where he dismissed the argument for Cod wants all men to be saved (per 1 Timothy 2:4 & 1 Peter 3:9) in about 30 seconds at minute 36:00 in the vides with the Calvinist axiom that God always gets what He wants. I have to believe that if John MacArthur could make a better argument, he would have.

''... Cod wants all men to be saved" :scratch:

1200px-Gadus_morhua_Cod-2b-Atlanterhavsparken-Norway.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: John Mullally
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Typical blanket dismissal - it would be great if you could show how I took verses out of context in Post #483.

. In this sermon MacArthur dismisses the NT teaching that Cod wants all men to be saved (per 1 Timothy 2:4 & 1 Peter 3:9) in about 30 seconds at minute 36:00 with the argument that God always gets what He wants. I believe that if he could make a better argument against that point, he would have.
Probably best for a new thread.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
291351_bea506bf77911a43e319cd6831f5c666.png

This thread has now run its course and it is time to close it.
ADMIN HAT OFF

• Informative
Reactions: John Mullally
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.