Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
87t3mMKv-nva95jCQEZKCP-ud9gL3ZnlNA2ZzfxCD0rnXTbl8BaoA2whH5XkjzC37NSzTrn2d9k4veaDg7U7LI6h7x3LK00qqNUlFqJVI55ht5w6Dp66thFSarNpLWknDA_UyjpM3PbBJXEA0-n0hGmlfT4w5mIVa1bg_YI=s0-d-e1-ft

MURFREESBORO, TN, May 16, 2017 | TruthPR | – Some 60 Christian leaders signed a letter delivered to President Trump today calling on the American administration to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to locate the US Embassy there. The letter opened, “the time has come, at long last, to uphold American law by moving the U.S. Embassy to Israel’s eternal indivisible capital city of Jerusalem.”

Referencing the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, the letter noted that Congress had recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and called for the U.S. Embassy to be moved there by May 31, 1999. Due to presidential waivers every six months delaying the implementation of that law, Israel is the only country where the U.S. does not place its embassy in the functioning capital of the country. This “doublespeak” should end, according to these leaders.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
87t3mMKv-nva95jCQEZKCP-ud9gL3ZnlNA2ZzfxCD0rnXTbl8BaoA2whH5XkjzC37NSzTrn2d9k4veaDg7U7LI6h7x3LK00qqNUlFqJVI55ht5w6Dp66thFSarNpLWknDA_UyjpM3PbBJXEA0-n0hGmlfT4w5mIVa1bg_YI=s0-d-e1-ft

MURFREESBORO, TN, May 16, 2017 | TruthPR | – Some 60 Christian leaders signed a letter delivered to President Trump today calling on the American administration to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to locate the US Embassy there. The letter opened, “the time has come, at long last, to uphold American law by moving the U.S. Embassy to Israel’s eternal indivisible capital city of Jerusalem.”

Referencing the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, the letter noted that Congress had recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and called for the U.S. Embassy to be moved there by May 31, 1999. Due to presidential waivers every six months delaying the implementation of that law, Israel is the only country where the U.S. does not place its embassy in the functioning capital of the country. This “doublespeak” should end, according to these leaders.
I am praying that the US administration will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to locate the US Embassy there. Amen!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Calls from Christians to President Trump - Move our Embassy to Jerusalem

Even many Israelis realize that the establishment of the American Embassy in Jerusalem would just add another major impediment to reaching an agreement with the Palestinians and further undermine the role of the US as an "honest broker!"

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a sad commentary that there is only one like for the OP.

Hi AACJ,

I agree, but must admit that it's the first time I've seen this thread. Guess it's been a few days since I browsed through this sub-category. I also encourage the United States to begin the process of fully recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol city. Personally, I'd like to see all of Jerusalem and the rest of the 1967 Israel returned to Israel's control. Truth be told, I'd be pleased to see Israel get back all of its land that it had in 1,000 B.C. I'd be more than happy to see a much larger Israeli presence in the middle east. They're good people. They're God's people.

However, I expect that it would be the prelude to the end of days. I honestly can't imagine that it would be long after the U.S. and perhaps a few other nations began settling their embassies in Jerusalem that the stuff would hit the fan But that has to happen. The prophecies of the Scriptures will all be fulfilled in due course. Whether that is in 10 years or 100 years or even 1,000 years, they will all come to pass.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With the exception of Russian, no country in the world recognises Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

I lifted the following extract from this Al-Jazeera link. No doubt as Al Jazeera is Arab based, I'll be accused of a pro-Arab bias (which I'm not), but as far as I can see their case is accurate. Every other nation has their Embassy in Tel Aviv.

I fail to see why a group of 60 Christians should be able to determine US policy in an extremely sensitive area.

Why Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel

......................Under the 1947 UN Partition Plan to divide historic Palestine between Jewish and Arab states, Jerusalem was granted special status and was meant to be placed under international sovereignty and control. The special status was based on Jerusalem's religious importance to the three Abrahamic religions.

In the 1948 war, following the UN's recommendation to divide Palestine, Zionist forces took control of the western half of the city and declared the territory part of its state.

During the 1967 war, Israel captured the eastern half of Jerusalem, which was under Jordanian control at the time, and proceeded to effectively annex it by extending Israeli law, bringing it directly under its jurisdiction, in breach of international law.

In 1980, Israel passed the "Jerusalem Law", stating that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel", thereby formalising its annexation of East Jerusalem. Israel passed the "Jerusalem Law", stating that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel", thereby formalising its annexation of East Jerusalem.In response, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 478 in 1980 declaring the law "null and void".

In response, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 478 in 1980 declaring the law "null and void".

The international community, including the US, officially regards East Jerusalem as occupied territory. Additionally, no country in the world recognises any part of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, with the exception of Russia, which announced its recognition of West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel earlier this year.

As of now, all foreign embassies are based in Tel Aviv. ................................

As for the problem of Israel, I remember my wise old Protestant pastor's opinion (when I was still Presbyterian) "That (the Arab Israeli conflict) will be a problem for the next 300 years!", so I don't hold out much hope for Camp David or any other accord.

His other warning was "Suppose we get an Arab statesman who does a bit of fence building with his Arab mates. They then deliver an ultimatum to the West, "Right boys! Either you get Israel out of there or we turn off the taps!" (oil taps) "... We'd alll be broke in a week!". I found from experience, sometimes personal, over the nine years I knew him that if he said something it normally happened sooner or later.

At the time he nominated someone like Yassir Arafat who had eluded the formidable Mossad for years, but obviously it won't be him as he eventually died of ill health. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is someone waiting in the wings. We just don't know who he is yet.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to grant the hard-line Zionists their wish. If we do, I think the time will come when we regret it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree, but must admit that it's the first time I've seen this thread. Guess it's been a few days since I browsed through this sub-category. I also encourage the United States to begin the process of fully recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol city.
I actually wrote a letter to the White House asking for both of these: that the embassy be moved, and that Jerusalem be recognized as the Capital, including East Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I actually wrote a letter to the White House asking for both of these: that the embassy be moved, and that Jerusalem be recognized as the Capital, including East Jerusalem.
Ditto. Obama was still on his throne.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for getting involved in these matters. We have to be as politically active as possible if we are to see any positive change in the nations. I do not give up until I see wide spread change, change that has already occurred and well on its way to bringing forth good fruit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums