✟35,952.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
St. Luke 23:26
And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon a Cyrenian coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear it after Jesus.
" As Simon came into town that day he did not know that he would be the one to help Jesus carry His cross. There are spiritual crosses that we have to bear that come up unexpectedly, in a moments time. Are we prepared to bear these crosses? so many times I find myself feeling that I've been caught off guard, that Satan has thrown something at me that I wasn't expecting as he often comes as a wolf in sheep's clothing. How do I react? The world is watching me. I am a Christian, I must act as one. It's how I react and what I do with these unexpected crosses that this world is looking at. I have to stay down on my knees longer, stay in the Word more, meditate on God more. It's these crosses we bear and the valley's we go through that make us a stronger Christian."

cross.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:36-40

Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
James 4:11

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
goldenviolet said:
taking condemning scripture to point out the "truth" of God as to use it to discourage someone is not truth at all. Jesus wanted us to point out His mercy, sacrifice, and great longing to have us come to be living in God's will. He wants us to get down on the level of paciently teaching sinners how to repent. how to pray, how to search God. we feed them milk of truths. paciently waiting for them to understand, and then moving on to the next truth. pretty soon, there becomes an understanding, or a stableness to do these things on their own; for them to make the choice; and we step back, letting them choose the path they'll walk. hopefully letting God's fruit blossom. we support and provide fellowship. or we stay handy incase they return.... keeping doors open.

... when we take condeming scripture (excluding blasphemy against the Holy Spirit), then we condemn not only sinners, but ourselves. but when we take condemning scripture and build the other truths of forgiveness, mercy, compassion, sacrifice, direction, hope, longsuffering, gentleness, peace; we have the whole truth and accurate story of Jesus Christ.

do you agree? well, when we post in all different directions instead of focusing on the call of Jesus Christ to that person (more likely persons); we light confusion and mixed messages. we discourage... WE miss the opportunity to bear fruit.

instead we created hardened hearts, discouragements, stumbling blocks, ridicul, even had a hand in building the lies that evil builds to keep us lost and from growth...
we grieve Holy Spirit.

AMEN. I wish your post here would be REQUIRED READING for anyone who presumes to address someone else on this forum. When people try to "get in someone's face" to point out their "faults" -- real OR imagined -- they themselves are already in a wrong spirit by doing this and it will ONLY result in wounding and discouraging the person, putting stumbling blocks up and HELPING SATAN IN HIS ONGOING CAMPAIGN TO DRIVE A SOUL AWAY FROM JESUS and into DARKNESS. It makes the other person feel defensive so they HAVE to harden themselves against the condemnation and criticism because we have the right to guard our "citadels" (mind & heart) against "toxic messages" that work destruction to us ... and last but not least it RUINS their ability to HEAR THE HOLY SPIRIT if there really IS something that needs to be changed or fixed in themselves, because someone has selfishly made this a bone of contention for his own human purposes and that creates the defensive hardening and in turn confuses the person about any message from the Holy Spirit in HIS heart about that issue; it gets mixed in with what the careless harsh person said or did so it becomes a stumbling block instead.

EVERYONE should read your post, GoldenViolet!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
withgreatmercy said:
Then I realized that in every group of believers, there will be those who brow beat and attack others. They will accuse the others of doing what they are doing themselves. Then they will use God's Word in an attempt to condemn the person who had good intentions.
So how are we to respond to this type then? If we try to point out what they are doing wrong they twist our words and throw them back at us saying WE are the ones who are "not loving". Do we just put them on our ignore list (so we won't have to see their nasty, discouraging posts) and be done with it? That's what I'm doing right now because I simply don't have the strength or grace to cope with the kind of garbage those types of people throw in my face and the stumbling blocks they create are just incredibly overwhelming to me. But eventually I would like to learn the effective way to respond so as to stop them in their tracks and completely destroy all ability of theirs to "poison" the minds and hearts of others with their spiritually toxic messages.

OH and GOD BLESS YOU GOLDEN VIOLET for starting this thread. Out of respect for you and its focus, I have chosen not to respond to the person who posted an open demonstration of his problem with self-righteousness, judgmentalism and harshness toward others. Though I WILL point out that if GOD did not "tolerate" unrepentant sinners long enough to give His precious Son's life for them, NONE of us would be saved today, for we were ALL at one time unrepentant sinners, whether we knew it or not.:amen:

Reactions: goldenviolet
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moriah_Conquering_Wind said:
Though I WILL point out that if GOD did not "tolerate" unrepentant sinners long enough to give His precious Son's life for them, NONE of us would be saved today, for we were ALL at one time unrepentant sinners, whether we knew it or not.:amen:

^_^ ROFL.... :doh:.... :bow:.... :amen: ..... :groupray:
icon12.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PastorStephanos

Aug 16, 2005
Visit site
✟7,178.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luk 11:24 The unclean spirit, when he has gone out of a man, goes through dry places, looking for rest; and when he does not get it, he says, I will go back to my house from which I came.
Luk 11:25 And when he comes, he sees that it has been made fair and clean.
Luk 11:26 Then he goes and gets seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they go in, and take their places there: and the last condition of that man is worse than the first.

--------------
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will go into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the pleasure of my Father in heaven.

--------------------------

It is so sad to see people acting that they are christians while inside they are full of hatred and ( i forget the word the opposite of modest). When I will have a position in the ministry to help others and I start to abuse it this will harm the ministry mnore then those who threaten us.

Upvote 0

MyLilyintheValley

Consider the lilies; they toil not.
Jul 7, 2005
✟35,952.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Samuel 5:23-25
And when David enquired of the LORD, he said,Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
And let it be , when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.
And David did so, as the LORD had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.
"When the Philistines heard that David had become king they came to wipe him out. But God told David that he would deliver him. God delivered him but then they rose up again. God said to get behind them over by the mulberry trees. When God caused a wind to come up it rustled the leaves in the mulberry trees and sounded like a mighty army on the march, this struck terror to the Philistines and caused them to be confused and panic stricken. They thought another army was coming in to help David out. David with God's help won the battle.
My friends when we are faced with the enemy and it looks like we are out numbered that there is nothing else that we can do, fall on your knees and cry out to God. He will send you a sound, listen for it. Listen for the sound of leaves rustling in the mulberry trees. Wait on God. Faith and patience goes hand in hand. The enemy will flee. With God you will have victory, by waiting on Him and obeying His Word. God's army is on the march. Be a part of it. Worship Him. Commune with Him on a daily basis. Put Him as the center of your life and He will fight your battles for you."

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4:15-16
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11

He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ. Acts 5:42

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. Acts 17:11

I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 1 Corinthians 15:31

besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 2 Corinthians 11:28

but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. Hebrews 3:13

12 Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.” Exodus 4:12

Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do.
Exodus 4:15

And you shall teach them the statutes and the laws, and show them the way in which they must walk and the work they must do. Exodus 18:20

Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren.
Deuteronomy 4:9

And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imaniingod

Veteran
Feb 21, 2006
✟10,604.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
MyLilyintheValley said:
2 Samuel 5:23-25
And when David enquired of the LORD, he said,Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
And let it be , when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.
And David did so, as the LORD had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.
"When the Philistines heard that David had become king they came to wipe him out. But God told David that he would deliver him. God delivered him but then they rose up again. God said to get behind them over by the mulberry trees. When God caused a wind to come up it rustled the leaves in the mulberry trees and sounded like a mighty army on the march, this struck terror to the Philistines and caused them to be confused and panic stricken. They thought another army was coming in to help David out. David with God's help won the battle.
My friends when we are faced with the enemy and it looks like we are out numbered that there is nothing else that we can do, fall on your knees and cry out to God. He will send you a sound, listen for it. Listen for the sound of leaves rustling in the mulberry trees. Wait on God. Faith and patience goes hand in hand. The enemy will flee. With God you will have victory, by waiting on Him and obeying His Word. God's army is on the march. Be a part of it. Worship Him. Commune with Him on a daily basis. Put Him as the center of your life and He will fight your battles for you."
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 2
Beware of Personal Favoritism
1 My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. 2 For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, 3 and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” 4 have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?
5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; 9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.”Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction. Proverbs 16:21

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goldenviolet said:
taking condemning scripture to point out the "truth" of God as to use it to discourage someone is not truth at all. Jesus wanted us to point out His mercy, sacrifice, and great longing to have us come to be living in God's will. He wants us to get down on the level of paciently teaching sinners how to repent. how to pray, how to search God. we feed them milk of truths. paciently waiting for them to understand, and then moving on to the next truth. pretty soon, there becomes an understanding, or a stableness to do these things on their own; for them to make the choice; and we step back, letting them choose the path they'll walk. hopefully letting God's fruit blossom. we support and provide fellowship. or we stay handy incase they return.... keeping doors open.

condeming scripture does have more truth than that truth of taking one subject and presenting it alone.
when we take condeming scripture (excluding blasphemy against the Holy Spirit), then we condemn not only sinners, but ourselves. but when we take condemning scripture and build the other truths of forgiveness, mercy, compassion, sacrifice, direction, hope, longsuffering, gentleness, peace; we have the whole truth and accurate story of Jesus Christ.

do you agree? well, when we post in all different directions instead of focusing on the call of Jesus Christ to that person (more likely persons); we light confusion and mixed messages. we discourage... WE miss the opportunity to bear fruit.

instead we created hardened hearts, discouragements, stumbling blocks, ridicul, even had a hand in building the lies that evil builds to keep us lost and from growth...
we grieve Holy Spirit.

for some scriptures: grieving the Holy Spirit...
http://www1.christianforums.com/t2562253-grieving-the-holy-spirit.html
but really our scriptures are the whole commission of Jesus Christ. our commission is to light, teach, build, unite, prepare, exhort, guide, love.

this thread is placed here to call those like-minded to minister right here on CF. to put your personal intepretations aside to put Jesus Christ first. to make all your posts a dedication to light, teach, build, unite, prepare, exhort, guide, love.

"mirroring our Father; inmitating Jesus; being the hands and feet of Christ; bearing eachothers burdens; honoring others above oursellves; loving thy nieghbor... build and exhort eachother DAILY. the whole message of the bible in a nutshell is to live in God's great message of love, grace, and mercy... live in it and exstend it to the sinner as He does for you, daily."
-R. Ericksen​

Upvote 0