Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
taking condemning scripture to point out the "truth" of God as to use it to discourage someone is not truth at all. Jesus wanted us to point out His mercy, sacrifice, and great longing to have us come to be living in God's will. He wants us to get down on the level of paciently teaching sinners how to repent. how to pray, how to search God. we feed them milk of truths. paciently waiting for them to understand, and then moving on to the next truth. pretty soon, there becomes an understanding, or a stableness to do these things on their own; for them to make the choice; and we step back, letting them choose the path they'll walk. hopefully letting God's fruit blossom. we support and provide fellowship. or we stay handy incase they return.... keeping doors open.

condeming scripture does have more truth than that truth of taking one subject and presenting it alone.
when we take condeming scripture (excluding blasphemy against the Holy Spirit), then we condemn not only sinners, but ourselves. but when we take condemning scripture and build the other truths of forgiveness, mercy, compassion, sacrifice, direction, hope, longsuffering, gentleness, peace; we have the whole truth and accurate story of Jesus Christ.

do you agree? well, when we post in all different directions instead of focusing on the call of Jesus Christ to that person (more likely persons); we light confusion and mixed messages. we discourage... WE miss the opportunity to bear fruit.

instead we created hardened hearts, discouragements, stumbling blocks, ridicul, even had a hand in building the lies that evil builds to keep us lost and from growth...
we grieve Holy Spirit.

for some scriptures: grieving the Holy Spirit...
http://www1.christianforums.com/t2562253-grieving-the-holy-spirit.html
but really our scriptures are the whole commission of Jesus Christ. our commission is to light, teach, build, unite, prepare, exhort, guide, love.

this thread is placed here to call those like-minded to minister right here on CF. to put your personal intepretations aside to put Jesus Christ first. to make all your posts a dedication to light, teach, build, unite, prepare, exhort, guide, love.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wow :clap: God is stiring alot of people with the same scriptures and spirit. it's many blessings more lovely than i can comphrehind. i feel and see things i know are God's will. i've noticed things in christians lately that stir anticipation of God's hands upon us. :groupray:
icon12.gif

i was talking to someone in a pm. he asked me some questions that made me think. i thought of posting this below, the kind of questions i think we should ask ourselves, even if we posted a with prayer on our hearts.

the first time poster searching our God:
did the asker leave with the right information to know how to pray and search God? did we convey the love of Christ? did we point to God's will? will he come back to us?

will this create confusion? does he feel concern and welcome?

the christian comming to CF to ask for guidance and comfort. did we help her search the answers from a perspective of understanding? did we exhort and build her up? would she come back to us again? are we appearing condemning or leading her gently? did we help her remove stumbling blocks from her path or give her more? is she comming back?

an angry poster posts discouragement and arguments.
did we convey 'truth' with our own returned anger? did we help him not be so defensive? were we pacient to encourge less angry posts? did we open a bridge of communication... a bridge of fellowship? are we planting seeds that build good things to his benifet?

on any posts...
did we mirror Jesus' compassion? are we a good example? are we gently teaching... building... leading? did we exstend the fruits of the spirit in our works? did we cause a hardened heart? are we meeting needs?are we pointing to the goals of God's love, grace, mercy, will?

in every post...
are we being knit together to be the whole body of Christ?

Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen & Amen! :amen: That was one of the best posts I have ever seen on CF. I could not agree more.

This is a Christian forum. We have the opportunity to reach out to so many seekers, or anyone who has not received Jesus as their Savior yet for that matter. Even those that just need that little extra guidance from a fellow Christian in their time of doubt or pain. We are responsible for these people. We may be the only ones they will ever experience love from. If we fail that -- we have not only failed ourselves or the person ... we have failed God.

What you have said goldenviolet is such a blessing and holds such absolute truth.

God bless you for posting that! I hope everyone on this forum gets the chance to read it! :hug:

Reactions: goldenviolet
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh amen and amen! Exactly what I've been grieving about.....

Oh how we need to allow God's 'light' to shine 'through' us...that means WE get outta the way...and let HIM shine. HE'S irresistable. WE are NOT. God help us all to do this.

Father may it be so, in jesus name, amen.

Reactions: goldenviolet
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are sooooooo many people hurting out there; hopeless, distraught, cast aside, forgotten, and seen as 'throwaways'.....

God help us to see all of His creation as he does. Father may it be so, in jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

in every post...
are we being knit together to be the whole body of Christ?

we are. knit together...
we read a post, we prayerful type out what's on our hearts to be truthful and loving. all of us with our gifts plant seeds for the Holy Spirit to cultivate. we provide the things the body needs.

how do we keep ourselfs from grieving the Holy Spirit? i think we stay in God's word, be obediant, prayerful, righteous in God's eyes , knit together, and each one of us ask these kinds of questions to ourselves.

Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
goldenviolet said:
all of us with our gifts plant seeds for the Holy Spirit to cultivate.

:amen: That's what is so special about the body of Christ. He has given each of us our unique gifts. Where one person is weak, the other is strong. That's why we should all stick together and love one another in all of our individuality, instead of making one feel "lesser" of a Christian or person than the other. :)

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
VAGal said:
:amen: That's what is so special about the body of Christ. He has given each of us our unique gifts. Where one person is weak, the other is strong. That's why we should all stick together and love one another in all of our individuality, instead of making one feel "lesser" of a Christian or person than the other. :)

:amen: what a lovely truth!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As the bus slowed down at the crowded bus stop, the Pakistani bus conductor leaned from the platform and called out, "Six only!" The bus stopped. He counted on six passengers, rang the bell, and then, as the bus moved off, called to those left behind: "So sorry, plenty of room in my heart - but the bus is full." He left behind a row of smiling faces. It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it. ~The Friendship Book of Francis Gay, 1977

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Lord Messiah Yeshua be with you, with plenty of kindness and power.He is the springhead of healing,which we live in .:groupray:

2Cor(NRSV)4:10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our bodies.

sincerely, Yusuph:hug:

Upvote 0