Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That isn’t the topic of the thread. Is it?

Here: let me help you.

An “exaggerated version” is a very diplomatic way of saying lie.

Schiff stated a logical implication of Trump's words even if you don't want to admit. Next to Nunes, Schiff sounded sane at least.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Schiff stated a logical implication of Trump's words even if you don't want to admit. Next to Nunes, Schiff sounded sane at least.

No he didn’t. He gave a dramatic reading of his interpretation of what he thought happened. Even Schiff is saying it was parody.

He did it to increase the narrative, add drama and make the President look bad. Plain and simple.

par·o·dy
/ˈperədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

His own words admit it was a deliberate exaggeration

He lied for effect, nothing more or less. Where are the fact checkers?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No he didn’t. He gave a dramatic reading of his interpretation of what he thought happened. Even Schiff is saying it was parody.

He did it to increase the narrative, add drama and make the President look bad. Plain and simple.

To each his own interpretation.
Schiff didn't need to say a word to make the President look bad. The summarized "transcript" says it all.

Ukraine President -- about those missiles...
Trump - I need a favor though.....

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To each his own interpretation.
Schiff didn't need to say a word to make the President look bad. The summarized "transcript" says it all.

Ukraine President -- about those missiles...
Trump - I need a favor though.....

I see you have believed the parody.

Good talking with you. Good luck.

Exaggerating, lying has now become acceptable as long as it unseats a President you don’t like.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Biden didn't ask that Bursima specifically should be targeted, but corruption in general. However, Bursima was one of the companies which was not investigated properly by this prosecutor.

Are you saying that the only corrupt person in all Ukraine was the prosecutor that Biden demanded be fired?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that the only corrupt person in all Ukraine was the prosecutor that Biden demanded be fired?
What a ridiculous question. You can read what I wrote and see what I am saying. Why are you asking if I am saying something entirely different from what I actually said?

I can play that game, too, if you like. And I will if you keep it up.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a ridiculous question. You can read what I wrote and see what I am saying. Why are you asking if I am saying something entirely different from what I actually said?

I can play that game, too, if you like. And I will if you keep it up.

I am not playing a game. Biden said that he demanded that the prosecutor be fired or he would withhold money from Ukraine. . If his intention by strong arming the Ukrainians was over corruption in Ukraine then why was firing the prosecutor the condition he said he set for gaining the money for Ukraine unless the prosecutor was the only corrupt person in Ukraine?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not playing a game. Biden said that he demanded that the prosecutor be fired or he would withhold money from Ukraine. . If his intention by strong arming the Ukrainians was over corruption in Ukraine then why was firing the prosecutor the condition he said he set for gaining the money for Ukraine unless the prosecutor was the only corrupt person in Ukraine?
Are you saying you think the Vice President came up with this foreign policy on his own, not on the advice of the State Dept, foreign service, National Security and our European allies? And you think he waited for over a year after Shokin stopped investigating Burisma to oust him? I don't know that this prosecutor was the only corrupt official fired - do you?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying you think the Vice President came up with this foreign policy on his own, not on the advice of the State Dept, foreign service, National Security and our European allies? And you think he waited for over a year after Shokin stopped investigating Burisma to oust him? I don't know that this prosecutor was the only corrupt official fired - do you?

He was the only one Biden says he demanded be fired before Ukraine was given the billion . You would have to ask Joe Biden if he was being inaccurate when he was talking about it as I surely would not know that. Certainly, from past experience with Joe Biden we do know that accuracy or consistency in his story telling are not his strong points.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,959.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He was the only one Biden says he demanded be fired before Ukraine was given the billion . You would have to ask Joe Biden if he was being inaccurate when he was talking about it as I surely would not know that. Certainly, from past experience with Joe Biden we do know that accuracy or consistency in his story telling are not his strong points.
And if the President of the Ukraine had told him no, how was Biden supposed to carry out the threat?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟666,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This should lead to Biden being investigated. If it wasn't for him, this topic wouldn't even exist.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you have believed the parody.

Good talking with you. Good luck.

Exaggerating, lying has now become acceptable as long as it unseats a President you don’t like.

I make my own conclusion based on what I read (have you even read the summary of the phone call?) and heard during the hearing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟666,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It may be a laughing matter when someone you agree with does something questionable, but how does it become "corruption" when someone you don't agree with wants to look into it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be a laughing matter when someone you agree with does something questionable, but how does it become "corruption" when someone you don't agree with wants to look into it?

I'm laughing because there is no credible evidence that either Biden was involved in corruption. It's a nothing burger created by Trump because he's scared Biden will beat him. The only reason we're discussing this is Trump actions. But I get it, Trump isn't responsible for his own actions.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟666,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm laughing because there is no credible evidence that either Biden was involved in corruption. It's a nothing burger created by Trump because he's scared Biden will beat him. The only reason we're discussing this is Trump actions. But I get it, Trump isn't responsible for his own actions.

It was Trump's actions that brought Biden's actions to light.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟666,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, because it was not all over the news at the time it happened.

Well, now that the Press wants to put the whole thing all over the news (because it involves Trump), then it can be all over the news about the involvement of Biden as well, although I doubt we'll see much emphasis on that part.

Upvote 0