Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
California 2014 Laws Affect Transgenders, Smokers, Drunk Drivers
We will all sleep a little better at night knowing that students in grades K-12 who identify as transgender will be able to use the school bathrooms of their choosing as long as it is “consistent with their gender identity,” even if it is different than their gender at birth. Students will also be able to select whether they want to be on the boys team or the girls team based on their “gender identity.”
One can hardly wait for the stories ... :doh:

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I hope this new law helps children feel better about themselves and go about their school lives happier :)
No doubt it will help a few.

My opinion though is that the law makes things worse overall rather than better.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
By being forced to share bathrooms with members of the opposite sex?

You're talking to a person who thinks unisex bathrooms should be implemented everywhere. I'll let you continue trying to make an argument if you wish, but it's probably not going to go anywhere with me.

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're talking to a person who thinks unisex bathrooms should be implemented everywhere. I'll let you continue trying to make an argument if you wish, but it's probably not going to go anywhere with me.

My friends on the left always tell me that my rights stop when they infringe upon others. Why should little children be forced to share bathrooms with each other.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My friends on the left always tell me that my rights stop when they infringe upon others. Why should little boys have girls walking behind them when they pee?

All urinals and toilets were in separate stalls when I was in school.

Privacy is still a thing.

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
My friends on the left always tell me that my rights stop when they infringe upon others. Why should little children be forced to share bathrooms with each other.

Because a few on the extreme fringes think everyone that disagrees with them is a deranged bigot, therefore their opinions don't count.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the massive generalization. Before reading that, I had no idea that I was supposed to call people who don't agree with me a "deranged bigot".

I suppose I missed that Liberal memo. Dang, I have to get a better office organizing system.

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
Thanks for the massive generalization. Before reading that, I had no idea that I was supposed to call people who don't agree with me a "deranged bigot".

Indeed! Perhaps I went too far, sorry.:sorry:

Students will also be able to select whether they want to be on the boys team or the girls team based on their “gender identity.”

Separate but equal is not equal. Have only one mixed-gender team?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
California 2014 Laws Affect Transgenders, Smokers, Drunk Drivers
We will all sleep a little better at night knowing that students in grades K-12 who identify as transgender will be able to use the school bathrooms of their choosing as long as it is “consistent with their gender identity,” even if it is different than their gender at birth. Students will also be able to select whether they want to be on the boys team or the girls team based on their “gender identity.”
One can hardly wait for the stories ... :doh:
Wonder how this will work out when the boys decide to go out for the girls' basketball team

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
LOL, it's not about you. I'm not concerned about what you think, I'm concerned about kids being forced into awkward situations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a shame that the liberal California legislature is more concerned with pandering to the mentally ill than they are with the privacy and safety of children from Kindergarten to grade 12.

As has been said before, failing this referendum try, this pathetic bit of law isn't enforceable because the California laws prosecuting indecent exposure hasn't been rescinded.
Offended students should call 9-11 and report indecent exposure each and every time a cross dressing trespasser enters into their private space. Bathroom, locker room, shower.

How pathetic! All a guy has to do is claim to feel like a female on the inside and he can violate girls space. It's a boys dream come true. No paperwork necessary, no psychiatrists note in his file, no doctors note. Just a boys claim!
And the staff of schools have to sign on in agreeing to use the pronouns the boys demand just in their claim that they're a girl on the inside!

What a world!
The California legislature should be ashamed. And those who approved this bill for passage voted out of office!
And Jerry? You're a coward man!

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wonder how this will work out when the boys decide to go out for the girls' basketball team

I wonder how parents will fare when their daughters go out for football?
And how the girls will deal when they demand the right by law guaranteed them to enter into the boys locker room and shower after the game.

Women that are allowed now in what is traditionally thought to be the all men's military, are raped! More than one would think or is reported in media. All to teach women they're not allowed or respected in seeking to enter those roles.

What moron's in the State legislature thought this proposal for transchildren would be any different when the girls who feel like boys inside try to prove it amid real boys?!

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Transgender children who would take advantage of this would, I think, present as the appropriate sex for the bathroom/changing facilities. Honestly, I don't really think there is any reason that anyone should have to change or use the bathroom with anyone else watching so I'm all in favor of private partitions.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Transgender children who would take advantage of this would, I think, present as the appropriate sex for the bathroom/changing facilities. Honestly, I don't really think there is any reason that anyone should have to change or use the bathroom with anyone else watching so I'm all in favor of private partitions.
Exactly how does a girl present herself as a boy in the locker room when she has to undress to put on a uniform?

Upvote 0