New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Same here in Oz. Western Australia would like to secede from the rest of the country, so we don't have to share all our natural resources. Hang on,............ that's not very Christian is it.

The controversy over WA succession has been off and on since 1901 Federation.. They have not done it up to now and i do not think they will.. Actually since the drop in world mineral prices WA has been experiencing a bit of a recession.. So things are not so rosy in WA..

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A vote on California's secession is probably a good way for the crazies who hate anything and everything about America to let off steam. After everyone realizes that California cannot function as an independent nation--and so vote "no"-- they can turn back to saving algae from extinction or something else equally momentous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Earatha

Feb 26, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
✟34,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
On a related not I think Alabama and Mississippi should be encouraged to leave the union, it's just good business.

There are very few states where I actively look forward to leaving as much as Mississippi. I was on a road trip a few years back and I asked my husband to hurry and get to Louisiana so we didn't have to drive through Mississippi. And I have family on that state.

But on point, I have heard that there is some will among republicans in DC to let California go. Their reasoning is that if California goes there will never be another democrat president.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On a related not I think Alabama and Mississippi should be encouraged to leave the union, it's just good business.

...yes, that would be the better business choice:

FedAidtoStates-011.png

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL! How many times must these bills fail before people realize secession is just not going to happen? Yes, we have to accept that we are stuck with Trump for the next 4 years but just remember, they are stuck with us, forever.

As much as both conservatives and liberals like to pretend and joke that they would rejoice in CA leaving the union, it would end up being bad for both of us, I think. Aside from being pretty much impossible to get the requisite votes, the constitutional and legal nightmare it would create if we did is certainly not worth the effort. Maybe I could see the State splitting up at some point in the future, though I wouldn't support that, but leaving the United States and becoming its own country? Highly unlikely.

• Winner
Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0